Coronavirus

Henry

On 7/5/2022 at 6:53 PM, Don Fonte said:

I fucking loved it. Got full pay for doing fuck all. 

Spent heaps of time with the wee one. Good amount of drinking.  Plenty time to get out in the fresh air.

Was fucking terrific.

So your job was deemed ‘non essential’ then?

Surplus to requirements in the NWO. RIP.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:18 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

Climate change is more of a threat than Covid yet you have zero sympathy for activists. 

No it’s not.

The world’s governments (controlled by the WEF) are the real threat. Climate change is just another super-con, restricting our lives because of the CO2 bogeyman.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

and complacency could be very dangerous.

This shite annoys me. Scaremongering bullshit. What do you expect people to do? Social distance, wear masks, don’t ever visit elderly family? All on the basis there ‘might’ be a stronger variant. 

8 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

No, and I don't live my life in fear of COVID now. But nor do I try to kid myself it doesn't exist.

There's a sensible middle ground between the fearful extremes, where you take realistic precautions to protect yourself and those around you.

Don’t think anyone on here’s claimed “it doesn’t exist”

The threat was blown waaaay out of proportion though

Good to see a decent comedian in Jim Breuer finally skewering the Covid madness for the mass insanity it was, rather than desperately unfunny corporate shill sellouts like Jimmy fucking Carr, whose idea of cutting edge comedy to sell his corporate tour DVD was to ask audience members who hadn't had a vaccine to raise their hands, then smack themselves in the face with it. Hilarious. Way to suck up to your corporate masters, Jimmy, should guarantee you a few more years on shite TV shows and plenty of filthy lucre rolling in :rolleyes:

Longer clip of Jim Breuer's "Pandemic" routine here:

I've noticed it does seem to be the scardy cat mask wearers that all seem to know perfectly healthy young adults that have dropped dead from COVID.

I don't even know any old cunts that's snuffed it. My old boys 76 and had various chemotherapies over the last 20 years, he got it last week and his course of action was to tell my Ma to fuck off before disappearing for 6 hours which led my mum to phone the pigs who picked him up on Ellon Road pissed as a fart after a sesh in the Pitt Bar. 

He blamed my mum to the cops.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, cheesepipes said:

I've noticed it does seem to be the scardy cat mask wearers that all seem to know perfectly healthy young adults that have dropped dead from COVID.

I don't even know any old cunts that's snuffed it. My old boys 76 and had various chemotherapies over the last 20 years, he got it last week and his course of action was to tell my Ma to fuck off before disappearing for 6 hours which led my mum to phone the pigs who picked him up on Ellon Road pissed as a fart after a sesh in the Pitt Bar. 

He blamed my mum to the cops.

Fuckin legend your da' min. Old school.

10 hours ago, Just Dandy said:

It's not at all a certainty in the long term. The point I'm making is that as far as viral evolution is concerned, we're still far short of the long term, the wheel is very much still in spin.

I'm not a medical expert, I look at it from the epidemiology, as a maths guy. As you suggest, extremely pathogenic strains will tend to die out, because anything that kills its host immediately is not going to be a "successful" virus. There tends to be a fatalities "sweet spot" where the virus is deadly enough to kill certain individuals, but mild enough that large numbers can wander around unaware they're spreading it.

For example - Spanish Influenza. Case fatality rate 2-3%. Global death toll 70 million.

Bird flu - remember that one, not so long ago? Case fatality rate 60%. Really, really nasty - right up there with Ebola. Global death toll? 456.
You get it - you die, noticeably - transmission vector ends there.

Unfortunately, COVID started out much nearer to that sweet spot of 2-3%, which is why it's killed more than six million people.

The problem we're facing atm is a lot of wishful thinkers presuming that because the currently dominant strain is relatively mild, the whole thing is "over". That simply doesn't follow - and complacency could be very dangerous. A lot of them are the same people who told us it was all fake news in the first place - well, that error has cost hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths globally.

Sensible post, reasoned and well explained... and still some idiot laughs at it.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, tutankamun said:

They will.

Canadians to have boosters every 9 months, “we will never be fully vaccinated against COVID-19”.:laughing:

https://fortune.com/2022/07/05/canada-health-minister-jean-yves-duclos-says-people-nmay-eed-to-get-covid-19-booster-shot-every-9-months/amp/

One of the most incredible parts of all this is the ease with which big pharma managed to convince the world that natural immunity is nothing compared to a vaccine. 

Natural immunity is regarded as another conspiracy theory these days. If you believe in it, you’re an alien believing anti vax blah blah 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Don’t think anyone on here’s claimed “it doesn’t exist”

The threat was blown waaaay out of proportion though

Folk saying "It's over" are effectively claming it no longer exists. Folk claiming it's a government / big pharma conspiracy are implying it wisna really real in the first place.

Current best figures are 6.3 million COVID deaths globally. The only way that could have been blown waaaay out of proportion is if folk were predicting tens or hundreds of millions of deaths. Which it could have been, if we'd all just ignored the problem - no rules, no testing, no vaccine development.

• Upvote 1