Coronavirus

Henry

9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

One of the most incredible parts of all this is the ease with which big pharma managed to convince the world that natural immunity is nothing compared to a vaccine.

Natural immunity is regarded as another conspiracy theory these days. If you believe in it, you’re an alien believing anti vax blah blah 

? No-one's claiming natural immunity is a conspiracy theory. If it was, vaccines wouldn't work either.

But the phrase "natural immunity" gets misundertood by a lot of people. It's not something we have at the outset. It's a response to catching the disease.

The reason vaccination is "better" than natural immunity alone, is that it shows the immune system in advance what the virus is like, so you achieve the immunity before you get the disease. Vaccines work by informing and assisting the natural immune response, they're not an alternative to it. This is why folk who say "I don't need a vaccine, I have a strong immune system" are not making sense. People with a strong immune system will get more benefit from the vaccine, not less.

27 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Folk saying "It's over" are effectively claming it no longer exists. Folk claiming it's a government / big pharma conspiracy are implying it wisna really real in the first place.

Current best figures are 6.3 million COVID deaths globally. The only way that could have been blown waaaay out of proportion is if folk were predicting tens or hundreds of millions of deaths. Which it could have been, if we'd all just ignored the problem - no rules, no testing, no vaccine development.

No folk saying it's over have came to terms with the fact we'll have to live with it, same as every other cold and flu.

Died with or because of?

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

? No-one's claiming natural immunity is a conspiracy theory. If it was, vaccines wouldn't work either.

But the phrase "natural immunity" gets misundertood by a lot of people. It's not something we have at the outset. It's a response to catching the disease.

The reason vaccination is "better" than natural immunity alone, is that it shows the immune system in advance what the virus is like, so you achieve the immunity before you get the disease. Vaccines work by informing and assisting the natural immune response, they're not an alternative to it. This is why folk who say "I don't need a vaccine, I have a strong immune system" are not making sense. People with a strong immune system will get more benefit from the vaccine, not less.

Pish.  There was no need for a vaccine if you were fit and healthy, a vaccine which doesn't stop you getting ill or dying and gives you "protection" for about 5 mins.

13 minutes ago, NEM said:

No folk saying it's over have came to terms with the fact we'll have to live with it, same as every other cold and flu.

Died with or because of?

Died within 28 days of a positive bullshit test.
Or in early 2020, before bullshit testing, because a doctor assumed they died of Covid.

23 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

George Floyd had the covids and was therefore one of the “6.3 million”

Haha thats like those idiots that used to always say 'i knew someone that died after being hit by a bus and it wsa put down as a covid death'... no, no they didn't. The information on covid deaths comes from the death certificate and the Office of National Statistics state the below...

'If someone dies in circumstances involving an accident, violence or suspicious circumstances, the case is referred to a coroner for investigation. A post-mortem examination is carried out and usually an inquest is held. The Coroner's Court hears all the evidence and follows legal rules of evidence when deciding the causes of death. It is extremely unlikely that a coroner would find that someone was involved in a traffic accident, or was the victim of violence, because of having COVID-19 or a positive COVID-19 test -- so they would not mention COVID-19 on the death certificate. This applies to any death caused by an accident, violence, poisoning, or other external causes.'

14 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Your avatar is perfect, min, because this shit is gold. ?

Forum needs more of this content, and less epidemiology, imo. ?

When you say don’t be complacent what do you expect your average person to do nowadays? If you could still catch it during lockdowns and restrictions, what do you think people should do now to avoid it? 

28 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

When you say don’t be complacent what do you expect your average person to do nowadays? If you could still catch it during lockdowns and restrictions, what do you think people should do now to avoid it? 

OK, being serious again. A lot of my "complacency" thing was directed at the government - they have this back-to-th-office push that's more about getting the proles back in their boxes than it is about actual public health. Maybe that focus will change now the Peroxide Plamph is on his way oot.

For the average person, it's up to them to assess risk. Me personally, I have a strong immune system, I'm hardly ever ill, don't even get colds these days. So there's a fair chance if I got COVID I wouldn't show symptoms - so I'm a potential risk to others. Examples: Small, low supermarket at rush hour, I wear a mask. Big, well-ventilated superstore in the evening, I don't wear a mask. Quiet train home at night: no mask. Crowded underground (I work in the weedge): I wear a mask. If I'm visiting mates who have a family, I'll tend to do a flow test first. Just common sense really. Plus, I'll keep getting vax boosters when they're available: first one I got fucked with me a bit, but since then they've been fine.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Ok ‘maths guy’

?

I put "maths guy" rather than "mathematician" because I'm not currently working as a mathematician. My point was I'm trained in maths, not medicine.

But I did genuinely love the vids of celebs eating bugs etc. I'm hoping to join the dots that connect this danger to the threat of the New World Order.

Could we have a bit more info on that?

5 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

?

I put "maths guy" rather than "mathematician" because I'm not currently working as a mathematician. My point was I'm trained in maths, not medicine.

But I did genuinely love the vids of celebs eating bugs etc. I'm hoping to join the dots that connect this danger to the threat of the New World Order.

Could we have a bit more info on that?

Just go to the World Economic Forum Website.  Majority of countries are signed up with them and the so called 'thinking' they come up with.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Not even a doctor?

Especially not a doctor. ?

Doctors have books wi titles like "Oxford Handbook of Nephrology and Hypertension" and "Zakim and Boyer's Hepatology" - not "MEDICINE".

It's that whole thing of folk framing themselves with bookshelves behind them - often politicians & similar cunts...

But in seriousness, the video itself is pretty good. There is a genuine issue there - of non-COVID excess deaths - several news outlets have been covering it. And his basic point that the situation is very complex with a number of factors, and it needs investigated, is one that should be made.

But among all the things that he mentioned, from the Chinese supply chain crisis to the Ukraine war, the fact he didn't seem to mention the impact of Brexit was kind of striking. And even more strikingly, he didn't seem to dwell on long-term Government underfunding of the health service, which is a glaringly-obvious culprit. Which, coupled with a really strong whiff of UKIP in the comments section, makes me wonder if there is some far-right political connection there? Didn't have time to research it.

But then people like Jordan Peterson, who are very competent in their fields and are not themselves far-right, can attract that audience, so it doesn't necessarily reflect on the guy himself...