January 2021

18 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As much as the strikers are shite, how many good chances did they miss?

Main in the 2nd half? Just the one?

as Aberdeen1970 has said, lack of creativity is a persistent problem.

It’s the McInnes way though. Pragmatism & dull football 

Hayes fizzed at least 3 great low crosses into the “corridor of uncertainty” today. Even a half decent striker takes at least least one of them. Shankland, for example 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Nah 18 months surely? He's not looking too clever these days. Of course i'd take him if no big moves materialise. 

The cleverest looking striker on the pitch today anyway but I know thats not saying much with Main and Edmunson on show. Manufactured two chances for himself today, cracked the bar with one, forced Lewis into a decent save with the other.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hayes fizzed at least 3 great low crosses into the “corridor of uncertainty” today. Even a half decent striker takes at least least one of them. Shankland, for example 

only one decent ball in i remember , where you getting at least 3 fizzed in ? must be watching a different game 

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

The cleverest looking striker on the pitch today anyway but I know thats not saying much with Main and Edmunson on show. Manufactured two chances for himself today, cracked the bar with one, forced Lewis into a decent save with the other.

3 goals this season as mentioned above.

Curtis Main has 3 and he's been our third or fourth choice striker

16 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

only one decent ball in i remember , where you getting at least 3 fizzed in ? must be watching a different game 

Clearly.

Hayes has lost that burst of pace that takes him past the full back and to the byeline but he slung in at least 3 low crosses in the 1st half alone, from level with the 18 yd box, that just required the end of a toe.

WTF do they work on at £20m Cormack Park?

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Clearly.

Hayes has lost that burst of pace that takes him past the full back and to the byeline but he slung in at least 3 low crosses in the 1st half alone, from level with the 18 yd box, that just required the end of a toe.

WTF do they work on at £20m Cormack Park?

like i say i remember 1 don't know where your getting at least 3 from . Overall pretty poor crossing from Hayes

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

So according to some, Stewart and Brophy have already signed, whilst Cadden and O'Donnel have been offered contracts. 

This is going to be a crazy few weeks. 

And then you've got to ask yourself 

Would our team actually be any better with those 4 in it? 

I'm not sure it would be. 

O'Donnell maybe might be an improvement. But then you've got a defensive wing back and we're not exactly creating many chances. At least our wing backs are attack minded just now. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

O'Donnell maybe might be an improvement. But then you've got a defensive wing back and we're not exactly creating many chances. At least our wing backs are attack minded just now. 

I don't disagree.  I forgot to mention that we have also been heavily linked with Campbell and GMS. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

O'Donnell is a terrible player. No mobility at all. Or touch

37 minutes ago, super_al said:

So according to some, Stewart and Brophy have already signed, whilst Cadden and O'Donnel have been offered contracts. 

This is going to be a crazy few weeks. 

1 of those is pretty much a certainty

Another 1 might be a possibility.

2 won't be joining us (thank fuck)

Everyone seems to assume that Ferguson’s away this year?,

he’s still got plenty of contract left and if he were to go he would command an impressive transfer fee, not many clubs will be able or want to spend due to COVID, especially the clubs that would be in for him.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Is Brophy  a Watkins type forward? As Watkins didn’t score many goals but he made a big difference to the way we played. If brophy is the type that will run about and create space for our midfield it may actually be a decent signing? 

No

Watkins is half decent.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Everyone seems to assume that Ferguson’s away this year?,

he’s still got plenty of contract left and if he were to go he would command an impressive transfer fee, not many clubs will be able or want to spend due to COVID, especially the clubs that would be in for him.

His father was asked about him on Radio Shortbread pretty much bang on a year ago. He said at that point that Ferguson was very happy at Aberdeen, had just bought his first property in the city with his gf and felt that for his career progression there was no better place for him to be playing and learning his trade than at Pittodrie,

However (and he nearly said too much at this point but just about managed to salvage the situation).....Dick Gordon questioned him about the loon's future career plans (remember that at that point there was a lot of paper talk that sevco were considering a bid). Fergie sr admitted that he did not think that junior would see out his contract in Aberdeen, but would probably move on 18 -24 months down the line. And almost certainly to down south. He said that because of how well we have treated him, that he would much rather we got in a decent fee for him rather than see out his full contract and lose him for nothing.