January 2021

6 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Any idea if Grieg Leigh is due back from injury before his contract runs out? Not sure we should be extending it like as he seems too injury prone but Mcinnes does love an injured player.

There are never any guarantees with any injury but the word was that he's expected to be fit in late January. Also that the club were looking to extend him till the end of the season

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s his level to be fair. 
Thank fuck we’re not signing him 

Don't get too excited.

I've just been checking out the source for this, Can't see any news outlets running with it. The only mention I can see of it links into (drum roll).............

Follow fucking follow :banghead:

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Don't get too excited.

I've just been checking out the source for this, Can't see any news outlets running with it. The only mention I can see of it links into (drum roll).............

Follow fucking follow :banghead:

The ex EE journo Anthony Joseph is running the story on Twitter.

Scott Burns too

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/eamonn-brophy-set-st-mirren-23261898

I actually think Brophy would have been a good option for us. Has good pace and wants to run in behind and creates space for those behind him. 

Did well when playing with Stewart just behind and also made Stewart look good because he  created the space for him. I think he could have done the Watkins role but would score more goals than Watkins. Surprised they are offering more than us, Hibs and Hearts in the current financial climate,

13 minutes ago, super_al said:

There is no way Saint Mirren could offer a better financial package than us. 

They can certainly offer more if they really want him, which apparently they did!, for us he would have been a squad player but for them there star striker 

14 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Cmon,  don't do that. 

I know, I know, I apologise, I shouldn’t.

Next task is to stop him using “a” instead of “I” as first person singular pronoun, as he does in most posts.  ?

As for the numpty on Pie & Bovril “Vancouver Don” trying to look in the know with his nonsense, what a plum. Throwing a load of shite at the wall hoping a wee bit will stick... it’s all stuff that’s been in the papers recently.

And if he wants to look credible, don’t come out with vague shite like “Dons are in talks with a striker”. 
Give a name or just keep quiet. 

8 hours ago, super_al said:

There is no way Saint Mirren could offer a better financial package than us. 

If there is any truth in it then I think they could do now and again. I doubt very much they'd go anywhere near the levels of pay our top players earn but they could certainly go to maybe £3.5k/week for the right player. Which is more than we pay a good number of players. Hopefully we weren't in for him at all but if we were, then I;m glad we aren't getting ourselves involved in a financial tug of war for a player that has been in and out of the Killie team