January 2021

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It would show a total lack of ambition to sign a lower league 27 year old who’s barely played any football at a high level.

I’d be ok with it if he was a young lad with potential to improve & with sell on potential, like we did with Lewis Ferguson.

He's not going to leave Dunfermline and come here for 6 months though. That's madness. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It would show a total lack of ambition to sign a lower league 27 year old who’s barely played any football at a high level.

I’d be ok with it if he was a young lad with potential to improve & with sell on potential, like we did with Lewis Ferguson.

I've only seen him play once. Against Hearts earlier this season. 

Couldn't say I was really watching him especially but I remember being quite impressed by Dunfermline as a team. They were better than Hearts that night. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I've only seen him play once. Against Hearts earlier this season. 

Couldn't say I was really watching him especially but I remember being quite impressed by Dunfermline as a team. They were better than Hearts that night. 

I’ve never seen him play, so I’m maybe being unfair... But, as I’ve said, it’s very rare for a 27 year old who’s played all his days for nonentities to make the step up & be successful. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I did.

Danny McNamara (no quips about I loved Embrace). 

He’s away back to Millwall.

And replaced with an even better loaned Millwall player, according to Callum Davidson, who coached James Brown whilst at Millwall.

Maybe McNamara has been recalled at Millwall cos someone else is after him?

We won't be signing anyone now, until Ronnie and some other fuckers leave. Maybe some pre contracts will get done but lads like GMS, won't be arriving (if at all) until late January

35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

And replaced with an even better loaned Millwall player, according to Callum Davidson, who coached James Brown whilst at Millwall.

We won't be signing anyone now, until Ronnie and some other fuckers leave. Maybe some pre contracts will get done but lads like GMS, won't be arriving (if at all) until late January

There are plenty players I’d like to get rid of & move on.

When they have contracts, it’s not that easy though.

The squad needs gutted. Might happen naturally in the summer, albeit we have two proven neeps overseeing that process. 

I see we have recalled Miko Virtanen from Arbroath.

Straight in to the team at the weekend to cover for Ross McCrorie? Or selling to someone else for a minimal fee? or is he going to be on the bench as cover as we try to offload Ojo to a league 1 club down south where he still has a decent reputation? or possibly taking him back as cover so we can loan out Dean Campbell so he is playing every week to help his development?

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

McNamara was recalled by Millwall as there was interest in him from several Scottish clubs who were aware that his contract at Millwall would run out in the summer. They are hoping to get him to sign a new contract with them and have him cover for right wing back Mahlon Romeo. But he will only be 2nd possibly, 3rd choice for that role so having been playing every week he might not be keen to just sit on the bench every week. I guess it will all depend on the money he is offered and what compensation costs there would be for clubs to sign as he is only 22.

Just now, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

McNamara was recalled by Millwall as there was interest in him from several Scottish clubs who were aware that his contract at Millwall would run out in the summer. They are hoping to get him to sign a new contract with them and have him cover for right wing back Mahlon Romeo. But he will only be 2nd possibly, 3rd choice for that role so having been playing every week he might not be keen to just sit on the bench every week. I guess it will all depend on the money he is offered and what compensation costs there would be for clubs to sign as he is only 22.

Aren’t the cross border compensation amounts fairly small?

Joe Aribo went to the huns for a fraction of what Charlton would’ve got had he gone to an English club as one example I can think of. 

35 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There are plenty players I’d like to get rid of & move on.

When they have contracts, it’s not that easy though.

The squad needs gutted. Might happen naturally in the summer, albeit we have two proven neeps overseeing that process

Its almost as if every manager and club makes a certain amount of shite signings ...

• Dildo 1