January 2021

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You don't think he's going to England then? 

I dont think Wright knows. Mcinnes is purely guessing when he mentioned he thought he might want to move south. But further down the article DM says that Wright and his agent want to look at the options open to him.

I can't see Championship clubs being interested.....i could be wrong but it's just my hunch. And I dont think EFL1 will be attractive to him because of the wage limit plus I think Wright believes he's too good for it anyway.

A move abroad I wouldn't rule out. Holland, Belgium or the likes (wouldn't be a top club in either country but still a better level than EFL1). 

I've said Hibs could afford him and would be a good move football wise for the way he plays. But would they pay the compo we;d be due.

But I think that having looked around...he's not going to get the multiple offers he thinks he's going to get. I also think we will bung a few hundred quid a week on our offer sometime in the next fortnight and there is every chance he will take that

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I dont think Wright knows. Mcinnes is purely guessing when he mentioned he thought he might want to move south. But further down the article DM says that Wright and his agent want to look at the options open to him.

I can't see Championship clubs being interested.....i could be wrong but it's just my hunch. And I dont think EFL1 will be attractive to him because of the wage limit plus I think Wright believes he's too good for it anyway.

A move abroad I wouldn't rule out. Holland, Belgium or the likes (wouldn't be a top club in either country but still a better level than EFL1). 

I've said Hibs could afford him and would be a good move football wise for the way he plays. But would they pay the compo we;d be due.

But I think that having looked around...he's not going to get the multiple offers he thinks he's going to get. I also think we will bung a few hundred quid a week on our offer sometime in the next fortnight and there is every chance he will take that

I'd bet he's got an offer from somewhere.  

Now isn't the time to turn down offers and take chances on maybe getting offered something later on. 

38 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’ll be honest, I think we have missed him more than I could have ever imagined at the start of them season  last 7 games or so. 

Watkins been more of a miss for me.  Wright has talent but it’s sporadic. And we can’t afford passengers.  If he wants to go to England. Let him. 

58 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd bet he's got an offer from somewhere.  

Now isn't the time to turn down offers and take chances on maybe getting offered something later on. 

Is my take on it. For Wright to come out in the first week of Jan and categorically say he wants to try something new tells me he has something lined up.

I genuinely think Shinnie, for example, although very keen to try his luck down south, was keeping his options open till Derby appeared on the scene but had they not, he MIGHT have stayed.

For Wright to come out now and say he wants out, tells you he’s got a gig lined up.

Dont see it being Hibs, though.

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is my take on it. For Wright to come out in the first week of Jan and categorically say he wants to try something new tells me he has something lined up.

I genuinely think Shinnie, for example, although very keen to try his luck down south, was keeping his options open till Derby appeared on the scene but had they not, he MIGHT have stayed.

For Wright to come out now and say he wants out, tells you he’s got a gig lined up.

Dont see it being Hibs, though.

Peterborough United or the likes

Only it was revealed on here a few weeks back that he had rejected our offer. I genuinely dont believe he has any concrete offer (from elsewhere) at present bearing in mind Mcinnes said  that he and his agent want to look at what's available.

Peterborough....would be a huge risk for him if they didn't get promoted due to the salary cap of EFL1. In 5th at present...only Hull City in 2nd and Portsmouth in 3rd of the top 5 are what you would consider "big" clubs. They both should get up. Lincoln are top by a few points...even in the Championship they'd be a crap option

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Only it was revealed on here a few weeks back that he had rejected our offer. I genuinely dont believe he has any concrete offer (from elsewhere) at present bearing in mind Mcinnes said  that he and his agent want to look at what's available.

Peterborough....would be a huge 

Why would he come out and reject our offer this early though? Makes no sense to do that if you don't have anything on the table. 

I'm with South stander. He's got another gig. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Why would he come out and reject our offer this early though? Makes no sense to do that if you don't have anything on the table. 

I'm with South stander. He's got another gig. 

To try to squeeze some more cash out of us obviously. He has time on his side for now. We haven't taken our offer off the table (that we know of anyway) yet. I'm sure in private McInnes will have told him a date by which if he hasnt re-signed, we look elsewhere for his replacement. 

Good luck to the loon if he genuinely believes he can get a better offer elsewhere but he could very well end up regretting not taking our offer. I suspect in the we will improve ours a bit but not by a massive amount, maybe £200 a week or so

To try to squeeze some more cash out of us obviously. He has time on his side for now. We haven't taken our offer off the table (that we know of anyway) yet. I'm sure in private McInnes will have told him a date by which if he hasnt re-signed, we look elsewhere for his replacement. 

Good luck to the loon if he genuinely believes he can get a better offer elsewhere but he could very well end up regretting not taking our offer. I suspect in the we will improve ours a bit but not by a massive amount, maybe £200 a week or so

If McInnes thought he could keep him he wouldn't announce his departure in the press.  

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If McInnes thought he could keep him he wouldn't announce his departure in the press.  

Where has he announced his departure?

FFS all Mcinnes has said is that it's disappointing that he has turned our contract offer down and that Wright wants to look at what is available elsewhere. He surmised that he might want to try down south but nowhere has he said that he is leaving for definite

Where has he announced his departure?

FFS all Mcinnes has said is that it's disappointing that he has turned our contract offer down and that Wright wants to look at what is available elsewhere. He surmised that he might want to try down south but nowhere has he said that he is leaving for definite

Which, by the most probable logic, suggests he has been tapped up elsewhere. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I suspect he's got more than one offer. 

I suspect you are vastly over-estimating Wright's value.

He's a 23 year old who has had 4 months of being a first team regular. Who has had a knee reconstruction 17 months back missing a whole season in recovery/rehab and who has just recovered from double hernia surgery. And who prior to this was a bit part player, bedevilled by consistent total inconsistency.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

He's a 23 year old who has had 4 months of being a first team regular. Who has had a knee reconstruction 17 months back missing a whole season in recovery/rehab and who has just recovered from double hernia surgery. And who prior to this was a bit part player, bedevilled by consistent total inconsistency.

We'll just have to wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

^^^ this says it all really, he is a punt to any club that may be interested, I can't see any new club giving him huge wages.
He needs a full season of playing consistantly.

2 minutes ago, super_al said:

With COVID continuing I can believe we would be drastically looking to reduce the wage bill. Rumours going round that Saint Mirren offered Brophy 3k a week and thats when Aberdeen and Hibs pulled out. 

Chat amongst Kilmarnock fans is that st mirren offered 4K+...