January 2021

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hmm is this a case of us not wanting him enough, or we are struggling for spare cash, as we have committed wages on shite like Ojo and Kennedy. 

We've already got Hayes, McGinn, McLennan, Kennedy, Hedges and Wright (for now), so there's very little room for another winger.  He'll still be better than most of those, but it;s just another aging winger isn't it? 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m surprised if gm goes to hearts always said he would never play for them as he’s a big Hibs fan but I suppose money talks and hearts are spending money they don’t have again 

Hearts will go bust before too long. I don't think they realise that there is a global pandemic and clubs are tightening the purse strings. 

6 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Hearts will go bust before too long. I don't think they realise that there is a global pandemic and clubs are tightening the purse strings. 

First to plead poverty to the fans and ask players to take a pay cut then still spend money like nothing is wrong. Has to make you laugh 

Not at all bothered that he's going to Hearts.....other than in the summer they were pleading poverty, looking to offload players for free and/or take pay cuts. It would be epically funny if they somehow managed not to get themselves promoted but sadly I think even Alex Miller or Paterson could get them up comfortably.

There will be players both younger and cheaper than GMS available who are every bit as good and who might have a sell on value

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not at all bothered that he's going to Hearts.....other than in the summer they were pleading poverty, looking to offload players for free and/or take pay cuts. It would be epically funny if they somehow managed not to get themselves promoted but sadly I think even Alex Miller or Paterson could get them up comfortably.

There will be players both younger and cheaper than GMS available who are every bit as good and who might have a sell on value

Such as.....?

Anthony Joseph from the EE has said we won't be signing anyone. 

I don't know if he's as reliable as Scott Burns, mind. 

Quite minging that we've got such a bloated squad, guys like McGinn being signed back on 3 year deals, frauds like Ojo on 3K a week, and a manager on a wage that isn't befitting of his performance. 

On paper we had a really decent looking squad at the end of September, and then a couple of injuries to Watkins and Wright and everything went to shit. Since then we've been absolutely terrible to watch, and somehow, remarkably, only have 3 defeats in the league. With some incredibly insipid and uninspiring draws in amongst the league matches. 

The manager was in the media earlier this month saying he was looking for a creative player, and now we've apparently not got the means to spend any money? 

Buy season tickets, pay for the PPV, subscribe to DNA. For what?

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We have very different views on certain players.  Leigh and Cosgrove being the two most obvious ones. 

I know the English Premier League is over rated hugely but Cosgrove a potential Premier League player?  He can't even get in our team on a consistent basis. 

Championship clubs have been credited with an interest.

Newcastle are reportedly interested (I'd be amazed but stranger things have happened)

If he goes to a Championship club....at least 50% of them will have genuine  (and realistic) hopes of promotion to the EPL. If they did and Cosgrove was part of their squad, sure they might think he's not up to it and try to offload him. But he would be under no obligation to do so. I did say he would never be a starter in the EPL but as an impact sub for 20 minutes? He's certainly different to most strikers. He won't bring much to a team's all round game but he can finish chances (sadly we dont make that many hence his diminished returns over the past year). 

I'm really not expecting him to end up in the EPL but ffs McBurnie and Burke are in it and they are fucking horrendous

GMS Son of Flipper going to hearts reason being there’s a high bridge over the Firth of Forth and deeper water than the river Dee  in case he goes for a dive again.             If Anthony Joseph’s comments are correct about no signings it wouldn’t be a surprise, Mcinnes should keep his hun mouth shut about improving the team.       No one seems to be wanting to sign for him.  

• Downvote 2
41 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Championship clubs have been credited with an interest.

Newcastle are reportedly interested (I'd be amazed but stranger things have happened)

If he goes to a Championship club....at least 50% of them will have genuine  (and realistic) hopes of promotion to the EPL. If they did and Cosgrove was part of their squad, sure they might think he's not up to it and try to offload him. But he would be under no obligation to do so. I did say he would never be a starter in the EPL but as an impact sub for 20 minutes? He's certainly different to most strikers. He won't bring much to a team's all round game but he can finish chances (sadly we dont make that many hence his diminished returns over the past year). 

I'm really not expecting him to end up in the EPL but ffs McBurnie and Burke are in it and they are fucking horrendous

Yeah if McBurnie and Burke can get a Premier gig then anything is possible.  

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Cosgrove to either Stoke or Nottm Forest for just over £2m.

Stewart from County for £200k, GMS to return + Campbell from Motherwell on pre-contract.

Work on improving defence probably ongoing but unlikely to be resolved this window barring a last minute loan signing.

Note - the above is pure speculation on my part but entirely plausible ?

200k for a guy who is free in a few months time makes absolutely no business sense. Sounds like we can close this thread as McInnes confirms no signings will be made in this window and unlikely for anyone to go out. He seemed really deflated if you ask me, no idea what is going on behind the scenes, maybe we expected a cash deal for Cosgrove or to offload Ojo. No mention of Hernandez when talking about no players will be likely to leave. Anderson and Virtanen added to the squad both with six months left to fight for a new deal, IMO we should be bringing Ross back from Raith Rovers as he is one of few players who fit in the system if Wright or Hedges can't play. 

This summer will be a big rebuild job imo, big earners off the wage bill and potential offers for the likes of Ferguson and Cosgrove(if he gets the finger out between now and the end of the season). 

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

Being widely reported he was in talks with us... interested to hear the story here!

Yeah me too. 

Might have been a lifestyle choice at the end of the day but I'm starting to get the feeling we're belt tightening in a big way. 

Could be the right choice in the long run but I'm disappointed we've missed out on GMS, though I appreciate there's a fair few on here didn't want him back. 

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Being widely reported he was in talks with us... interested to hear the story here!

Hearts have a history of overpaying for players...Naismith.......Boyce (whom we were interested in but who Hearts decided was a £6k/week player)..........Gordon won't have signed for peanuts

Probably using the cash they got for the young loon they sold to Bologna to fund the GMS deal. If they think a 30 y/o with his best clearly behind him is a sound move then good luck to them.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Anthony Joseph from the EE has said we won't be signing anyone. 

I don't know if he's as reliable as Scott Burns, mind. 

Quite minging that we've got such a bloated squad, guys like McGinn being signed back on 3 year deals, frauds like Ojo on 3K a week, and a manager on a wage that isn't befitting of his performance. 

On paper we had a really decent looking squad at the end of September, and then a couple of injuries to Watkins and Wright and everything went to shit. Since then we've been absolutely terrible to watch, and somehow, remarkably, only have 3 defeats in the league. With some incredibly insipid and uninspiring draws in amongst the league matches. 

The manager was in the media earlier this month saying he was looking for a creative player, and now we've apparently not got the means to spend any money? 

Buy season tickets, pay for the PPV, subscribe to DNA. For what?

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I smell a certain amount of shite.

Our manager went on record after the recent Ross County borefest, saying he wished to make squad "adjustments" in Jan. But qualified that later by saying "but we need to shed a few first."

We are only on Jan 8th. What's happened in the meantime, plenty time to shed a few donkeys.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Our manager went on record after the recent Ross County borefest, saying he wished to make squad "adjustments" in Jan. But qualified that later by saying "but we need to shed a few first."

We are only on Jan 8th. What's happened in the meantime, plenty time to shed a few donkeys.

He said on RedTV that NOBODY will be coming in. He made that point very clear.

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Could have released Leigh for a start. 

18 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He said on RedTV that NOBODY will be coming in. He made that point very clear.

Which RedTV interview? The presser for the Hunco game this weekend?

EDIT - Just watched the Red TV interview, you are right.

A journo of any substance would have chased him on that, as to why it flies in the face of what the cunt said in December