January 2021

49 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Only a question of time til elite sports are suspended for the season I reckon. There's even EPL managers calling it morally wrong now - Steve Bruce

Yep, not long before this is reality. Second wave out of control.

Poor Hearts destined for another year in lower leagues.

Shame with them forking out money on new signing's wages and all that ?

5 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Sigh. We beat Rangers, you wouldn't have. We beat Hibs, I'm not sure you would have. We took Celtic to pens after ET. You'd have been done in 90. That was our back to back SC final. Aberdeen's record in cups and in must win games is poor, as you acknowledge yourselves on here. 

Hard to pick between Aberdeen and Hearts. Then again. Gary Mackay-Steven just did. 

Well we've beaten Rangers in the cups more any other club has since Gerrard became their manager so what you say isn't backed up by facts. We've beaten them 3 times in Glasgow under Gerrard whereas Hearts have never beaten them in their own city under Slippy G. We've also beaten Hibs the last two times we met them in cup competitions including a SC semi when they were the cup holders. We absolutely own them you may or may not have noticed that we've already beaten them rather easily twice this season without conceding a single goal. 

Yes we failed to beat Celtic in cup finals. So did Hearts. And Rangers. And Motherwell.  You did very well to draw 3-3 with them I'll give you that. We also drew 3-3 with them this season too. You might have noticed they are nowhere near the level of side they were under Rodgers when they were beat us in 3 cup finals. 

I think GMS is a good signing for Hearts. He's a Hibs fan too.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Well we've beaten Rangers in the cups more any other club has since Gerrard became their manager so what you say isn't backed up by facts. We've beaten them 3 times in Glasgow under Gerrard whereas Hearts have never beaten them in their own city under Slippy G. We've also beaten Hibs the last two times we met them in cup competitions including a SC semi when they were the cup holders. We absolutely own them you may or may not have noticed that we've already beaten them rather easily twice this season without conceding a single goal. 

Yes we failed to beat Celtic in cup finals. So did Hearts. And Rangers. And Motherwell.  You did very well to draw 3-3 with them I'll give you that. We also drew 3-3 with them this season too. You might have noticed they are nowhere near the level of side they were under Rodgers when they were beat us in 3 cup finals. 

I think GMS is a good signing for Hearts. He's a Hibs fan too.

Fair response Shinniesta. Might not always agree, but you don't rant and you make your points well. 

I'm not having GMS is a Hibs fan though. Wasn't he born in Thurso. Wherever that is. But it's a long way from Leith Walk. I just assumed he was Aberdeen or Victims FC. 

If he IS a Hibs fan, it's not known by any Hearts fans I know. Still don't believe that. 

Happy though. Some fans questioning his injury record but stats show he plays regularly. 131 appearances in 5 seasons is what, average of 26 a season. Seems decent. And only turned 30 in August. Think we'll get a good 2.5 years from him at his peak. It's a signing for the SPFL not this league. Really hope we keep Kingsley at LB to play behind him. That's a decent left side. Good crosses hopefully. I know who we're trying to get from down south at CF but have been sworn to secrecy. But he's 6ft4. Will make life easy for GMS and help Boyce too. GMS part of making us more dynamic and a goal threat. Where we're poor. 

21 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Fair response Shinniesta. Might not always agree, but you don't rant and you make your points well. 

I'm not having GMS is a Hibs fan though. Wasn't he born in Thurso. Wherever that is. But it's a long way from Leith Walk. I just assumed he was Aberdeen or Victims FC. 

If he IS a Hibs fan, it's not known by any Hearts fans I know. Still don't believe that. 

Happy though. Some fans questioning his injury record but stats show he plays regularly. 131 appearances in 5 seasons is what, average of 26 a season. Seems decent. And only turned 30 in August. Think we'll get a good 2.5 years from him at his peak. It's a signing for the SPFL not this league. Really hope we keep Kingsley at LB to play behind him. That's a decent left side. Good crosses hopefully. I know who we're trying to get from down south at CF but have been sworn to secrecy. But he's 6ft4. Will make life easy for GMS and help Boyce too. GMS part of making us more dynamic and a goal threat. Where we're poor. 

GMS has about 3 good games a season, lucky for yous it’s normally against Hibs, if you can get back up. 30 year old who never exactly became a fans favourite despite a few really good games. Cold night away at Arbroath, he is better off in the stands. 

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe Cormack is seeing & hearing that there is a growing chance the season might be cut short?

In England there’s a growing feeling that’ll happen.

Scotland might follow suit.

I’m maybe thinking that Cormack sees little point in adding to an already bloated squad if we end up signing players who can’t play?

McInnes comment when saying we wouldn’t be bringing anyone in this month maybe backs up what I said?

”We’re trying to be smart for what lies ahead of us”. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes comment when saying we wouldn’t be bringing anyone in this month maybe backs up what I said?

It's a reasonable theory. And with Sturgeon's comments earlier about professional sport, it does look like the league is once again at high risk of being curtailed

If it were to happen in the coming week, some teams would be short of having played each other both home and away....I'd have assumed 22 games having played every team once home and away would be the minimum point at which the league could be awarded. The sevconian fury/horror at that happening would be hilarious

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a reasonable theory. And with Sturgeon's comments earlier about professional sport, it does look like the league is once again at high risk of being curtailed

If it were to happen in the coming week, some teams would be short of having played each other both home and away....I'd have assumed 22 games having played every team once home and away would be the minimum point at which the league could be awarded. The sevconian fury/horror at that happening would be hilarious

No chance the SPFL would have the balls to even suggest it.

Doncaster would shite a very big brick. 

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Open goal interview with him, he was a Hibs fan growing up, straight from the horses mouth.

5 hours ago, super_al said:

Could Derek be leaving at the end of the season?

Yes, if there is an EFL1 team in need of a manager (possible), willing to let him travel home to Renfrewshire and stay for 24-48 hours most weeks (EFL1 chairmen now frantically searching ebay for a second hand Tardis going cheap) and pay him £17k/week (Houston.....we have a problem)

Alternatively, there is an outside chance that the next time Cormack brings his wife over, DM slips her a length up the dunger whilst Dave is otherwise engaged in a tanning salon, Mrs C then has crisis of conscience, admits everything and Cormack bullets DM.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End

• Downvote 4
10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Except McInnes has now admitted we were in for Brophy.  

And I'd be shocked if we didn't try for GMS though that hasn't came out yet, admittedly. 

I wouldn't believe anything McInnes says during a transfer window. 

35 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Except McInnes has now admitted we were in for Brophy.  

And I'd be shocked if we didn't try for GMS though that hasn't came out yet, admittedly. 

I wouldn't believe anything McInnes says during a transfer window. 

On GMS I’m sure he said “we weren’t in a position to make an offer”?

Fair enough on Brophy, there is obviously belt tightening going on if St Mirren make a better offer.

Either way, there seems to have been a big change in tone in the last 10 days or so. 

I don’t blame the club. 
McInnes has been backed & the squad is huge. 
And if a shut down is coming, he rightly needs to make do. 

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fair enough on Brophy, there is obviously belt tightening going on if St Mirren make a better offer.

Either way, there seems to have been a big change in tone in the last 10 days or so. 

I don’t blame the club. 
And if a shut down is coming, he rightly needs to make do

Aye he's been more than backed. 

It's his squad that he built and he needs to show his worth by taking them over the line now 

41 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t blame the club. 
And if a shut down is coming, he rightly needs to make do. 

Surely the change in stance has been since the alleged Hernandez deal collapsed, we have a gaping hole in our finances now