January 2021

3 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Callum Hendry is shite. End of.

Jesus I thought in signing Curtis Fucking Main Derek had reached new levels of incompetence but this would be a new low. Surely not.

Who can the club bring in, on short notice, on a loan, who wants to come up here and play? 

Obviously, this isn't your job to scout players etc. However, Calum Hendry hasn't even signed, and I imagine he'll be a last resort option. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, strikers are the hardest thing to come by. Especially for a club like us, who normally can't pay big transfer fees, especially at a time of financial crisis. 

The line of thinking from the club at the moment clearly isn't "Ok, Sam is gone, let's spend some of that money on someone who's going to come in and score goals right away" it's more "what can we get away with with as little money as possible that will secure us 3rd place" 

That's the annoying and unfortunate reality. The squad is still the most expensively assembled outwith the Old Firm, and McInnes has been backed to spend money on flops who haven't worked. Every time a signing of his hasn't worked he's been backed well to find a replacement. The club can't do that now, it's time for him to earn his obscene wage.

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who can the club bring in, on short notice, on a loan, who wants to come up here and play? 

Obviously, this isn't your job to scout players etc. However, Calum Hendry hasn't even signed, and I imagine he'll be a last resort option. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, strikers are the hardest thing to come by. Especially for a club like us, who normally can't pay big transfer fees, especially at a time of financial crisis. 

The line of thinking from the club at the moment clearly isn't "Ok, Sam is gone, let's spend some of that money on someone who's going to come in and score goals right away" it's more "what can we get away with with as little money as possible that will secure us 3rd place" 

That's the annoying and unfortunate reality. The squad is still the most expensively assembled outwith the Old Firm, and McInnes has been backed to spend money on flops who haven't worked. Every time a signing of his hasn't worked he's been backed well to find a replacement. The club can't do that now, it's time for him to earn his obscene wage.

The spending as little as possible to get some goals from a striker is the correct call. It's unfortunate yes. And possibly we should hedge our bets on two shite strikers to increase the chances of actually fielding a striker every game 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I totally agree, just think that if we have to have someone's 4th choice striker then I would rather they came from an EPL or decent level ECL club. 

Surely McInnes could call in a favour from West Brom?

I get that Edmondson wasn't a success, but I'm not sure he was even Leeds' 4th choice. 

This is the problem with selling players within 72 hours of the window closing though. We really should make a firm commitment....and make it known publicly....that we will not sell any players with less than a week to go in the window. That way you aren't left scrabbling around for dross in the final hours

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I totally agree, just think that if we have to have someone's 4th choice striker then I would rather they came from an EPL or decent level ECL club. 

Surely McInnes could call in a favour from West Brom?

I get that Edmondson wasn't a success, but I'm not sure he was even Leeds' 4th choice. 

This is the problem with selling players within 72 hours of the window closing though. We really should make a firm commitment....and make it known publicly....that we will not sell any players with less than a week to go in the window. That way you aren't left scrabbling around for dross in the final hours

We don't have that luxury to set down such barriers at the moment. We'll take the money, as long as it's right. 

It is what it is. 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

They are big names but not particularly good sides these days. I think we would definitely give them a game. Look at Burnley finishing 7th on EPL and everyone said we didn’t stand a chance and we took them to ET over 2 legs. Reims are certainly no world beaters. 

Yes but we only drew twice with them am sure the likes of Marseille would wipe the floor with Burnley surely, Reims also bet mijtalannd or however you spell them 3-1.there’s no way we would

It’s very unusual for DM to let a player go out without having an in house replacement reading to step in, or be allowed the time to buy or loan a replacement. You can’t say DM never saw this coming.

So I guess it shows you our desperation to get this deal done, given our injury situation and poor quality in house replacement options.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s very unusual for DM to let a player go out without having an in house replacement reading to step in, or be allowed the time to buy or loan a replacement. You can’t say DM never saw this coming.

So I guess it shows you our desperation to get this deal done, given our injury situation and poor quality in house replacement options.

The cash must just be too good to turn down. 

Also, its not as if he was firing on all cylinders anyway. 

55 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Absolutely we cant make those demands. If someone bids £3m or £4m for ferguson in the last 2.5 days he'd be away too.

Tord I agree, I think our finances are in a worse state than the fans are being led to believe. If we clinch third and get to QF3 of EURO I would be pleased however it is going to be very close. Dull uninspiring football until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I honestly fucking despair if it’s Hendry we sign.

A bouncer

A 4th choice St Johnstone striker

A League one player (at best)

That would be  our centre forward picks 

Apparently he said pre match that we’ve already lost out on 2 strikers, never heard the interview but you’d assume that’s Stewart and Hornby, so now you’re scraping the barrel.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Apparently he said pre match that we’ve already lost out on 2 strikers, never heard the interview but you’d assume that’s Stewart and Hornby, so now you’re scraping the barrel.

Aye I was thinking the exact same.

Fuck me, it’s a season where we should genuinely going for a Champions League spot in the league.

Instead we’re in a real fight for clinging on to 3rd.

This of all seasons is NOT the season to finish out the top 3.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye I was thinking the exact same.

Fuck me, it’s a season where we should genuinely going for a Champions League spot in the league.

Instead we’re in a real fight for clinging on to 3rd.

This of all seasons is NOT the season to finish out the top 3.

We don't deserve it. 

We've had a run of 7 matches which should have been relatively straightforward and returned 6 points from 21. When normally you'd be expecting at least 15.And been unable to score in most of them. 

We've now won less than half of our games.  You won't achieve anything with a ratio like that. 

8 of our final 13 games are against Huns, Celtic, Hibs and Livingston. 

Its going to be tough. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We don't deserve it. 

We've had a run of 7 matches which should have been relatively straightforward and returned 6 points from 21. When normally you'd be expecting at least 15.And been unable to score in most of them. 

We've now won less than half of our games.  You won't achieve anything with a ratio like that. 

8 of our final 13 games are against Huns, Celtic, Hibs and Livingston. 

Its going to be tough. 

Aye when you see the February run, you’d think 4th looks likely.

When you’re consistently not scoring, ANY game is tough.

Every team just now is having a go at the Tims, even at Parkhead. 
By all accounts St Mirren outplayed them today.

You just know, McInnes will go there twice in 7 days next month & set us up as if we’re playing the all conquering Rodgers Celtic.