January 2021

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Are the suggestions to sign Goodwillie serious or a laugh? Thats a shout by tea time on Monday. I didnt realise quite how good his scoring record has been since he left us.

I just chucked his name in there because Clyde weren't(and probably won't be playing). 

In all seriousness is he any worse than what we have?

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I just chucked his name in there because Clyde weren't(and probably won't be playing). 

In all seriousness is he any worse than what we have?

it'll never happen in a million years but we could seriously do worse than considering a bonus ball signing of an extra striker from league one/two on loan. I don't think today will be the last game of us playing a midfielder up front for part of the game

6 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Heard we’ve agreed a deal to get Hornby in, apparently Hibs were in for him too. 

id be happy with that but still risky AF to go with an inexperienced striker, Main (who is a decent scaffolder and body builder) and Anderson (who is the Vale's highest ever scorer)

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

id be happy with that but still risky AF to go with an inexperienced striker, Main (who is a decent scaffolder and body builder) and Anderson (who is the Vale's highest ever scorer)

Certainly agree. We are looking the weakest upfront we have done in many years.

That being said the more attacking midfield players need to step up, the finishing in general has been woeful for a while, so few players have composure in our team.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fuck it, get Griffiths in on loan. Wouldn’t  exactly be “developing their player” as he’s done all his development.

3rd place guaranteed with a decent shot at 2nd

Perfect. Striker on loan from the team you've still to play 3 times and are trying to overtake.

Can't se anything wrong with that.