January 2021

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I genuinely want us to sign Hendry just because I've no idea why so many are pant pissing over the link and keen to see a few meltdowns.

BHH (Bring Hendry Home)

I’d rather just have McLennan used as a centre forward as opposed to wasting money bringing in a shite player who’ll just sit on the bench as long as Hornby (assuming he signs) & Main (if fit) are available. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d rather just have McLennan used as a centre forward as opposed to wasting money bringing in a shite player who’ll just sit on the bench as long as Hornby (assuming he signs) & Main (if fit) are available. 

We need all the help we can get for the last 13+ games

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s nowhere near good enough.

No better than Main (who’s shite). 

EDIT - I u dee stand we’re skint & the choices are going to be limited, but I draw the line at St Johnstone cast offs 

I agree I hope we can sign someone better of course.

But I dont agree with 'i'd rather sign no one than him'

Anyways lets leave it and see what happens. I think McInnes will look to england for one more

1 minute ago, Old Don said:

How did Bruce Anderson play yesterday, and is Niall Mcginn retired or something? Before he left he was banging them in for a very long time

Missed a sitter, that my grunnie would have stuck away, and she died in 1988.

No idea the situation with McGinn, waste of a bench seat if he ain’t gonna come on.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I agree I hope we can sign someone better of course.

But I dont agree with 'i'd rather sign no one than him'

Anyways lets leave it and see what happens. I think McInnes will look to england for one more

Another attacking player would be handy if we can stretch to that. 

Or even a proper right wing back instead to free up Hedges to play further forward 

But I agree with ww, it's got to be someone who is going to improve the first team rather than just a body for the bench. We've got plenty of them already. 

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Missed a sitter, that my grunnie would have stuck away, and she died in 1988.

No idea the situation with McGinn, waste of a bench seat if he ain’t gonna come on.

I completely agree re. McGinn...what a great goalscorer he was but...as with others...moved to the wing  instead of the striker role. Shame about Anderson...I hope he gets a proper chance and actually uses it

4 minutes ago, sheep123 said:

Hopefully away in the summer fee up some decent wages 

Logan and McGinn will be away in tbe summer. 

Both been good servants for Aberdeen and hope they are remembered that way rather than being criticised for their last 12-18 months at the club.

It's the club that gave them final contracts that were too long.  The players have both made good contributions over their time here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

There certainly seems more than meets the eye with McGinn and Logan's lack of game time.

Until December Logan was well on his way to triggering the extension. Yes most of his appearances were off the bench but it matters not a jot if you play 1 minute or 90...that appearance counts.

I think McInnes, if he hasn't done so off his own bat, has been told to make sure Logan doesn't reach the trigger figure. Either way, it's the correct decision. He can concentrate on his plumbing business from the summer onwards and he's still good enough to turn out for Montrose or the likes on a part time basis should he want to keep playing for another couple of years