Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Hun statement :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.

:wtf:

:hypno::drool:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That is absolutely fucking hilarious.

Comedy gold.

Pathetic, insecure, condescending, ignorant, bitter, deluded and fantastically lacking self awareness.

All rolled into one.

What an absolute joke of a club.

Underlined every single time the clowns open that collective big mouth of theirs.

Not wholesale.

Ward, Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Christie. All McInnes signings and all have been good signings for us.

Apart from that however the rest have been pretty poor, with a few more ok ish signings in there.

I think all those mentioned have been way better than good signings.

He has had a number of mediocre signings though & a good number of 'gambles that could be good' but have yet to prove as such

He also has a lot of shite signings though

As a whole he has been pretty much average for the budget he has to work with but he has failed to get the best out of the players he's had quite often too. There is certainly a LOT of room for improvement.

January could be very telling for him but he needs some decent backing from board

As much as I like Christie I'd send him back and take Hayes on loan instead.

I'm sure if we slung a few hundred k's in Celtic's direction they'd be willing to deal. They'd recoup some of their cost and we'd get Hayes back, whilst also meaning that the player himself would actually be, y'know, playing. Win-win-win.

Has anyone looked up what concomitant means? I haven't & it's a new word to me so if someone could explain the meaning please?

I'm guessing it's something along the lines of ' fully committed'

I'm sure Millertime can assist?

It means something like 'associated with or pertaining to'

It's often used in the context of risk: "the risks concomitant with rock-climbing..." for example.

• Upvote 1

This rhetoric from the board, repeated by many on here about us losing him one day implies that he is bigger and better than us.

Not only does this make me sick, it’s complete shite.

Time will prove he wasn’t the messiah you all thought he was. Haven’t you been fucking watching these last four years?

Unless anyone is actually saying he is some sort of Messiah (clue: they're not), then that's a bit of a straw man.

Things don't happen overnight in football, but the fact remains that pretty much since he arrived Aberdeen have been consistently second in the league for the best part of four years. Its still a kicker that we couldn't quite do it a couple of seasons ago when Celtic looked a bit weaker, but the reality is that with their money and facilities, its always going to be a big ask to topple them.

I think its difficult to argue that McInnes hasn't played a huge part in getting Aberdeen to this position, compared to the few seasons before where we were languishing down in 9th for too long. And all this talk about how he has taken the club as far as he can, I don't buy. The new stadium will hopefully get the go-ahead, and if we can make it to the group stages of the Europa league, the combination of the cash injection and better facilities on the horizon could be massive.

With the signings, I guess hindsight is an amazing thing - at the time the consensus definitely seemed to be it had been a pretty fantastic transfer window. And until a few weeks ago when this shit hit the fan, we were pretty much keeping apace with Celtic.

We don’t miss Taylor. Anybody saying this needs their heads checking

Sorry our right side of central defence looks hopeless at the moment and the left side never looked right to begin with

The aerial support that Taylor gave defending set pieces and attacking our set pieces is also a big miss

That central area of defense made up of 2 centre backs and a defensive mid is an absolute cluster at the moment and stops us building from a secure base

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Work to do on the pitch, but hope this brings the team together, focusses the minds and is followed up with a good performance tonight and in coming weeks.

No more messing about with line-ups and formations - establish a way of playing that gives us the best chance of winning our key games and look to play that way, week in, week out. Get players familiar with their roles so when it comes plying Celtic, Rangers, Limassol or whomever it may be, we do it our way. If the players aren't good enough then so be it, but let's not lose games because they aren't organised and familiar with what the need to do and where / when they need to it.

Can understand some frustrations but dwelling won't benefit anyone, need to move on.

(though before I move on entirely, did anyone happen to keep a copy of the mocked up McInnes Christmas card??)

• Upvote 1

Unless anyone is actually saying he is some sort of Messiah (clue: they're not), then that's a bit of a straw man.

The rest of your long post stated indisputable facts but at the start of it, you took my quote out of context.

My main (only?) point was that the board and many fans assume he is moving on to bigger and better than AFC.

He himself thinks he is. His use of the word “yet” was telling in that interview just now.

I’ve no doubt that his engineered media profile will help him achieve what his ambitious nature aspires to.

He’s just not as good as he, and many at AFC, thinks he is.

Sorry our right side of central defence looks hopeless at the moment and the left side never looked right to begin with

The aerial support that Taylor gave defending set pieces and attacking our set pieces is also a big miss

That central area of defense made up of 2 centre backs and a defensive mid is an absolute cluster at the moment and stops us building from a secure base

What a load of shite. Are you seriously trying to suggest Taylor was that 'secure base'? Ash Taylors ''aerial" support was a fkn myth. He looked decent in an attacking sense with his aerial support but how many goals did that aerial domination bring from him? VERY FKN LITTLE in fact Andy Considine has given us more aerial domination in an attacking sense in ONE GAME than Taylor did in a whole season. As for Taylors defensive strengths in the air... He was even fkn worse. He basically attacked the ball when we were attacking (set pieces) but was shite at it. Defensively he didn't attack the ball though. He waited for it to come to him & the opposition players took full advantage of this because they were 'attacking' the ball.

Taylor was big & looked the part but his looks didn't make him better defensively

I don't even think you could make a decent youtube compilation showing Taylor looking good in an 'aerial' domination sense. Especially in his time with us & you can even make players like Darren Mackie look good with youtube compilations ffs

Taylor is NOT fkn missed in the slightest. Our defensive weaknesses were ALWAYS there. They may not have improved since he's gone but they haven't gotten any worse. The biggest changes/regression has been from other areas of the team/field & that has had the knock on effect defensively.

I'd hate to think just how worse off we would be if Taylor was still here in relation to the loss of the likes of Hayes/McGinn & even 'grudgingly' Jack