Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Harry Redknapp ffs. The Scottish Fitba guru :clangers2:

I'll leave you to the hoardes.

But just imagine the excitement on transfer deadline day! Big harry on the 'blower' to big jim, who can barely contain his excitement, to discuss what last minute 'shock' deals he's going to clinch. Aberdeen fans gathering outside pittodrie in excited expectation!

I agree (bar one) on your last point.

I didn't provide examples of "that exact point", I maintained, and maintain, that just binning managers because it seems like there "might be someone better" has not served us well over the last two and a half decades, and that sticking with a fairly decent manager until either he:

a) starts fucking up regularly and royally

b) starts performing and there is no longer any suggestion he should be binned or

c) someone with such a pedigree they can't be ignored is identified as a replacement.

Not suggesting that he is the best we could ever hope for, simply that at the minute, I don't see any potential replacement being so compelling a prospect that I would be happy letting McInnes go.

If Harry Redknapp came knocking looking for a retirement job, I would immediately revise that view.

ps> when I stated that if McInnes was tactically better he wouldn't be at Aberdeen, I didn't mean we can't expect better, simply that if HE was tactically better, he wouldn't be here, he'd still be plying his trade in England.

Would love to see someone with the "soft" management skills of McInnes combined with tactical genius arrive, but cannot see who that would realistically be at them moment.

Are you high?

The game has passed him by so far, he can't see it with the Hubble Telescope

• Upvote 1

Most managers aren't asked it as often as McInnes.

Can't imagine why the weegia are suddenly running these stories. Definitely not because we're one win away from taking back 2nd.

Doesn't make his answer any better. Saying he's interested in managing "certain clubs" is something our manager shouldn't be saying.

What's he meant to say? If he said he's only interested in staying with the Dons for the rest of his career he'd be getting slaughtered for talking shite. McInnes has many faults but openly admitting that at some point, in the unspecified future, he'd like to move on to a bigger job is not one of them.

The bed wetting on this is ridiculous.