Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

West Brom's finances took a hit this season. Usually a well run club but are likely to need an overdraft to cover costs next year. Over spent on transfers and paid high wages for loan players. Whoever takes over has a major rebuilding job which will take a few years..

I know this is the guts of a year out, but they made £32m profit in year to June 17 and had almost £40m in the bank.

Comparatively, Sunderland made a £34m lost in their last accounts (July 16) and had almost £70m due to the bank and the same again to the parent company (I assume money the owner had previously put in).

WBA are a much better run club, and if they were interested, I'd think McInnes would be. They have a good platform to challenge in the Championship next year.

I'd assume that they'd be preferring not to go for the expensive failure option again next time, surely.

I know this is the guts of a year out, but they made £32m profit in year to June 17 and had almost £40m in the bank.

Comparatively, Sunderland made a £34m lost in their last accounts (July 16) and had almost £70m due to the bank and the same again to the parent company (I assume money the owner had previously put in).

WBA are a much better run club, and if they were interested, I'd think McInnes would be. They have a good platform to challenge in the Championship next year.

I'd assume that they'd be preferring not to go for the expensive failure option again next time, surely.

Yes, I think they've had enough of the merry go round managers. Pulis was bad enough, but Pardew has been a complete disaster. However they will have to offload a few players who will want to go to other Premier League clubs. And the ones who need to leave for other reasons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/26/west-brom-finances-chief-executive-shocked-wages?CMP=share_btn_tw

WBA say an appointment won't be made until the end of the season which suits us tbh.

By that time we'll know if this season has been a success or not.

If we win The Scottish Cup and finish 2nd then he could leave on a high with our best wishes.

If we get beat in semi or final and finish 3rd or 4th then he can gtf imo but unlikely WBA would be interested in him.

Next 8/9 games are massive for AFC.

Currently 14/1 to become next West Brom manager.

Hibs are 9/1 to finish 2nd.

Motherwell are 6/1 to win the cup.

None of the above are happening.

Change your Pampers bedwetters!

No doubt WBA will appoint someone with a proven track record of failure and mediocrity at at least 5 or 6 EPL and championship clubs.

Its how they roll down there.

It depends whether his innate caution makes him see the risks. We have seen how often he sets the team up to respect the OF, unwilling to be adventurous.

Unadventurous, safe and negative football are the foundations upon which West Brom is built.

Personally I think McInnes would be a perfect fit for them.

They signed Daniel Sturridge in January and will cost at least £4,000,000 in loan fee and wages. Total time on the pitch so far? 78 minutes.

NOBODY will come in for DM unless we retain second place with some better performances + at least reach the Scottish Cup Final, and perform when at Hampden.

However DM has struggled to decide upon his first eleven all season. Cannot see that changing before the season is out. In conclusion don't think DM's stock value is that high with prospective suitors at present.

Was a West Brom journalist and fan on sportsound tonight. He seemed very in favour of McInnes and suggested there's actually a growing number of fans who want McInnes as they see him as someone different rather than the usual merry go round of the same old names - Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce, who all just seem to switch clubs regularly.

Plus, as alluded to above, they don't follow Scottish football. They just see a guy who took over a club who had finished 9th three years in a row, took them to 3rd then 2nd, won a cup, got to two other finals, and has had consistent results.

West Brom are doomed to relegation anyway, McInnes isn't going to save them, and I wouldn't want to see us with a caretaker manager until summer. So I'd like to see McInnes agree to take the job in summer, finish the season with Aberdeen (giving us time to appoint someone permanently), and bow out by winning the Scottish Cup.