Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

English will need to explain him statimg there were those wanting change, 

According to statement that's fake news 

A very odd turn of events that but we know where we stand now I guess? 

I'm not sure it was a ringing endorsement of mcinnes but it should stop awkward questions before Saturdays 0 0 draw with st mirren 

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The only worrying thing there is the lack of mentioning a specific position, as many have said before, 3rd place is absolutely huge this season. 

Players need to step up and keep this man they all claim to love in a job. 

Yet people were losing their minds when McInnes talked about trying to get third place ??‍♂️

The players now need to rally round and show what they are made of. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I’d imagine he got his arse kicked online and us well aware of what is required.

Fully expect tactical changes from now on.

I expect calderwood spinning tombola rather than anything else. Sadly he can only coach one style everything else has come unstuck over the last few years. Expecting a Pep Guardiola Damascene change is the height of folly. 

2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I expect calderwood spinning tombola rather than anything else. Sadly he can only coach one style everything else has come unstuck over the last few years. Expecting a Pep Guardiola Damascene change is the height of folly. 

That aside, its likely we'll beat st mirren 2-0, take a point off the two celtic games, and win the other three

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I've been wondering if that could be the case.

Hypothetical......Mcinnes gets told last week it's win or bye bye by the board. Meanwhile English and Gordon are told the same by their source(s)

Saturday....defeated. McInnes does his post-matcher meanwhile English and Gordon are back onto the source to ask when the fait accomplis willl be delivered. Told to hang fire on saying anything because obv Mcinnes is on his way back from Edinburgh (or on the way to his Renfrewshire home). Board will be starting negotiations with him Sun/Mon to agree a severance package if possible...maybe "mutual consent" rather than bullet. Intend to announce departure Mon

Sun........negotiations begin but the 2 stories have grown in significance because of the defeat. English and Gordon cannot retract stories without looking like utter berks but do as best they can to lessen them a bit. Meanwhile negotiations don't go well regarding severance package. However "ITK" posters have gotten wind of something and start jumping the gun. The Hat descends into chaos all night

Mon....Still no resolution. Club must be aware of supporters feelings by now. Silence....

As I say....hypothetical. But no matter what, English and Gordon's stories were pretty unequivocal. If it turns out to be a pile of shite then English's career in particular is severely compromised

Your posts are far too long,  especially when you're just making stuff up. Keep it brief. Thanks. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

At least there is clarity now. He’s also not getting the easy way out getting sacked when we were still 3rd or 4th and then being able to point to it be ‘unfair’ and his past league finishings with us, which is how a lot of the media would have portrayed things. If we continue to nosedive it’s his reputation and future career that’s humped. Both sides are in it together now, whether we like it or not.

20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Know where we're at now I suppose, I just don't see this ending well.  I hope he can change his ways and get us playing winning, entertaining fitba but going by the last 2 years it's not happening. 

It's going to get even more toxic if we don't pick up quickly. 

With the fixtures we have in the remaining 11 games (7 against Celtic, the scum, Hibs & Livi... 3 of the 7 are lie downs to Celtic) there’s no chance we’re finishing 3rd, and you’d think, no chance of him being kept on for next season. 

Will a 3rd place, ground out, turgid end to the season, be enough to sell the amount of ST's that the club need to stay on the budget we have became used to? Lots of players will need to be moved on if not.

Cormack and fellow directors your all a bunch of pussys with no balls, you will regret your decision, the fans will turn against you and be after your heads, come May.   Keeping this useless prick of a manager’s  and letting him waste thousands over the years is beyond comprehension.  Bad decision Cormack why don’t you resign it sounds like your all mouth.

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 2
2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Will a 3rd place, ground out, turgid end to the season, be enough to sell the amount of ST's that the club need to stay on the budget we have became used to? Lots of players will need to be moved on if not.

I'd imagine the most important consideration would be if any crowds are allowed in next season. If they are then maybe. If not then no.

And lots of players are out of contract so your second point will certainly be happening

We've some players who are finished at this level, and some who were never at this level. 

We pretty much know who they are... but the question is what kind of player will be brought in to replace them. 

...or if anyone will be brought in to replace them at all.