Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We've some players who are finished at this level, and some who were never at this level. 

We pretty much know who they are... but the question is what kind of player will be brought in to replace them. 

...or if anyone will be brought in to replace them at all. 

More important question is WHO is bringing them in?
If it’s McInnes/Richardson, we are fucked. 

4 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Social media certainly has brought the worst out of you.

How the fuck can you possibly say that he "loves" AFC?

He loves his pay packet. He loves himself. He didn't even relocate his family here. He saw AFC as a stepping stone. He thought he was bigger and better than us. He wasn't and he thought wrong.

The last two sentences in particular are significant here and all too reminiscent of Calderwood, whom also overstayed his welcome by some time. I recall you predicted back in 2008-09 that Jimmy would "never again manage a club with 5-figure average attendance figures", to which I agreed and you were proven 100% correct. What do you think is McInnes's true level? As I've said on here before, I think he's only one standard deviation above Calderwood as a manager and will likely be middle of the Championship at best, maybe even EFL1. 

Looking at the discussion tonight, the Club statement appears to be the dreaded VONC and I would hazard a guess that Cormack is giving him the ultimatum until the end of the season. He'd be a fool not to and I stand by my view from earlier in the season that his appointment as next manager will make or break his legacy.

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd imagine the most important consideration would be if any crowds are allowed in next season. If they are then maybe. If not then no.

And lots of players are out of contract so your second point will certainly be happening

They need to have some sort of avenue to generate revenue, even if it's on the basis of what might be in store. But just suppose they did say 10,000 max allowed back come August (which by f**k, surely to God we're not still in this shitshow come then), how many would sign up to another season of McInnesball? I know I wouldn't. I chucked my ST as I just couldn't find the will. That said, I was vaguely keen on one for Redshed, but the first lockdown put that idea clean out of my head.

I seriously don't think the club can afford to keep him - this latest 'Englishgate' situation will have galvanised those who were keen to see the back of him. And recent results have just cemented that approach for many.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not even a remote possibility.

More chance of Eddie Murphy, Waring or Large 

I'd take a chance of Eddie the Eagle... least he has big cahoonas!

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

They need to have some sort of avenue to generate revenue, even if it's on the basis of what might be in store. But just suppose they did say 10,000 max allowed back come August (which by f**k, surely to God we're not still in this shitshow come then), how many would sign up to another season of McInnesball? I know I wouldn't. I chucked my ST as I just couldn't find the will. That said, I was vaguely keen on one for Redshed, but the first lockdown put that idea clean out of my head.

I seriously don't think the club can afford to keep him - this latest 'Englishgate' situation will have galvanised those who were keen to see the back of him. And recent results have just cemented that approach for many.

Surely club won't be able to sell season books without government lifting restrictions significantly. 

46 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet people were losing their minds when McInnes talked about trying to get third place ??‍♂️

The players now need to rally round and show what they are made of. 

I think after the last two results 3rd is probably unattainable. 

Yeah, now everyone knows the manager is here to stay, the players will be the next to face the brunt. I'm not sure this current lot can handle it. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Surely club won't be able to sell season books without government lifting restrictions significantly. 

It's a hard sell isn't it... but they must, and they will. How they package that all up so it doesn't sound like some further 'donation' to the club, I don't know. I suggested a share initiative, cause at least the fans may be willing to part with some cash if they knew there was something tangible in it for them? How much of Milne's shares would be be willing to sell for a fraction of what he paid for them? If we could raise a couple of million it might  help in the initial months when Nippy has us all running around wearing 3 sets of tampons on our faces in fear of the Mongolian/Kenyan/Argentinian/North Pole strain.

20 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We've some players who are finished at this level, and some who were never at this level. 

We pretty much know who they are... but the question is what kind of player will be brought in to replace them. 

...or if anyone will be brought in to replace them at all. 

We know who's finished, who do you think aren't for this level? 

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

It's a hard sell isn't it... but they must, and they will. How they package that all up so it doesn't sound like some further 'donation' to the club, I don't know. I suggested a share initiative, cause at least the fans may be willing to part with some cash if they knew there was something tangible in it for them? How much of Milne's shares would be be willing to sell for a fraction of what he paid for them? If we could raise a couple of million it might  help in the initial months when Nippy has us all running around wearing 3 sets of tampons on our faces in fear of the Mongolian/Kenyan/Argentinian/North Pole strain.

That's not a bad idea loon. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If every adult has had a vaccination come August (some maybe just the first) then no reason why some crowds can’t be allowed back, surely?

I think so. When the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are immunised, I think it could be largely every man for himself/ herd immunity....I see us being back at the football in August...

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If every adult has had a vaccination come August (some maybe just the first) then no reason why some crowds can’t be allowed back, surely?

many adults aren't interested in the current test vaccine, it doesn't prevent transmission, and latest variants aren't covered

its just for pensioners, like the existing flu vaccine

crowds back at football in summer 2023 i reckon

• Dildo 2
7 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I think so. When the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are immunised, I think it could be largely every man for himself/ herd immunity....I see us being back at the football in August...

You do realise there is no end for this lockdown stuff? The vaccine is a big ploy. They have no intention of letting us go back to how we used to live our lives. We should probably just merge with Cove Rangers next season and use their ground. They can use Cormack Park for community use etc.

4 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

many adults aren't interested in the current test vaccine, it doesn't prevent transmission, and latest variants aren't covered

its just for pensioners, like the existing flu vaccine

crowds back at football in summer 2023 i reckon

My view, and probably the reason i'll end up buying a season ticket, is that only season ticket holders will be at matches in 2021/22

Fans will be back come September I think, but there will be much more economic pain and this will lead to less ST's and DNA being sold and add to this the Horrific football on show with the current regime and the need to replace numerous players and the Lack of trust in Mcinnes and the even worse Richardson to sign anyone who will excite fans then I just cannot see us get anywhere near the level of ST's & DNA we got last Summer. Cormack and his board promised us a new philosophy of ATTACKING, ENTERTAINING football with a focus on Young players being brought through and so far they have failed miserably on all counts, with 3rd looking extremely unlikely the possibility of missing out on European cash will also hurt us 

8 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

You do realise there is no end for this lockdown stuff? The vaccine is a big ploy. They have no intention of letting us go back to how we used to live our lives. We should probably just merge with Cove Rangers next season and use their ground. They can use Cormack Park for community use etc.

You’re right, loon. I was just allowing myself a minute of misplaced optimism....I will get back in the cellar and turn the light off...apologies.

1 minute ago, donswin1983 said:

You’re right, loon. I was just allowing myself a minute of misplaced optimism....I will get back in the cellar and turn the light off...apologies.

Don't forget to socially distance while you're down there... there's a good chap ;)