Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Just now, Crashnyploshnit said:

I said Campbell played well today in one my previous posts. He did fade badly towards the end. Based on his overall performances I don’t rate him alongside the large majority of the side. Btw I agree with most of what Millertime (trolling aside) and Big Hat Logan on here. They say it as it is.

BHL?

Any lingering credibility gone 

get out 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That confirmed to me that Sheerin and Robson are finished here.

A lot of the players have no future here. No idea what has gone wrong with McCrorie other than Covid has fucked his energy up. He needs a restful close season. Cormack needs a manager and assistant in very soon or 4th will be a struggle.

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And if he’s shite next week, tell him it’s two nights....

or a week listening to your attempts at humour. 

It would be called:

An evening of inane drivel and listening to a gype who calls himself westhill wanderers fc, giving his ever so important opinions on aberdeen fc.

There will be a mad rush for tickets, i can tell you.

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A lot of the players have no future here. No idea what has gone wrong with McCrorie other than Covid has fucked his energy up. He needs a restful close season. Cormack needs a manager and assistant in very soon or 4th will be a struggle.

Sheerin seems to be a decent enough bloke but this week he just seemed to be in mourning for McInnes leaving.

His pre-match Thursday press conference was lamentable. 

He should’ve seen today and the next game or two as a once in a lifetime chance to be a manager of Aberdeen (very unlikely admittedly) but a few decent consecutive wins would’ve at least put him in Cormack’s mind.

We are so bad at creating chances there’s no guarantee we’ll beat Dumbarton away, assuming they beat Huntly. 
Think we will but it will be a narrow win.

Massive clear out needed & coming. 

I think dropping McCrorie for a few games makes sense as he is clearly struggling. I still think he will do well for us in the long term. A decent manager would have subbed him after they scored and got support on for Kamberi. The fact that idiot Sheerin took Mcginn on at 76 minutes and three others on at 86 when we are a goal down confirms what I suspected listening to him this week that he is a disciple of the Mcinnes style of football and needs to leave the club as soon as possible. I even noticed Robson remonstrating with him a couple of times also

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Sheerin seems to be a decent enough bloke but this week he just seemed to be in mourning for McInnes leaving.

His pre-match Thursday press conference was lamentable. 

He should’ve seen today and the next game or two as a once in a lifetime chance to be a manager of Aberdeen (very unlikely admittedly) but a few decent consecutive wins would’ve at least put him in Cormack’s mind.

We are so bad at creating chances there’s no guarantee we’ll beat Dumbarton away, assuming they beat Huntly. 
Think we will but it will be a narrow win.

Massive clear out needed & coming. 

Fucking hell.

Bore off min 

2 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I think dropping McCrorie for a few games makes sense as he is clearly struggling. I still think he will do well for us in the long term. A decent manager would have subbed him after they scored and got support on for Kamberi. The fact that idiot Sheerin took Mcginn on at 76 minutes and three others on at 86 when we are a goal down confirms what I suspected listening to him this week that he is a disciple of the Mcinnes style of football and needs to leave the club as soon as possible. I even noticed Robson remonstrating with him a couple of times also

Thought that was what I was seeing... Robson went over to Sheerin to say something, Sheerin didn't even appear to acknowledge Robson was there. 

Could be reading that situation incorrectly, but that's what it looked like was happening 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Come on min. 

You made up your mind before the game started that Campbell was going to be your scapegoat then spent 90 minutes trying to justify it. 

If you watched that game and thought Campbell was the problem then it's fair enough that you're getting called out for it. 

Campbell may not have been the problem, but by god, he brought nothing to the midfield. That he was mediocre compared to McCrorie - who was sad to say, utterly useless, does not mean he either had a good game nor that is is a better player than the other midfielder sat on the bench.

If ever there was a game to go 4-3-3 it was today. He had two fuckin weeks to work on something different. Two fuckin weeks but to his own admission they spent the guts of last week greetin about McWinless getting sacked. Well boo-fuckin hoo. You all play and are paid for by AFC. Not the bearded one.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Campbell may not have been the problem, but by god, he brought nothing to the midfield. That he was mediocre compared to McCrorie - who was sad to say, utterly useless, does not mean he either had a good game nor that is is a better player than the other midfielder sat on the bench.

If ever there was a game to go 4-3-3 it was today. He had two fuckin weeks to work on something different. Two fuckin weeks but to his own admission they spent the guts of last week greetin about McWinless getting sacked. Well boo-fuckin hoo. You all play and are paid for by AFC. Not the bearded one.

When I saw the starting line up I thought it was going to be a 4-3-3. 

Would have been better if it was.  

You're clearly a McGeouch fan but he's done very little when he's had chances as well. Personally I'd move McCrorie to right back and utilise his physicality and play McGeouch in midfield to give is a bit more ability and composure. 

But you're targeting the wrong man. 

39 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but you've lost all objectivity. You're just interested in being proved correct. 

Big Hat Logan and Millertime are probably Campbell's biggest critics on here. But at least they had the objectivity to recognise he had a decent game today. 

He didn't have a decent game. By decent, do you mean he didn't do anything remotely positive or remotely negative? I reckon our bar is slightly higher than that mate.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

He didn't have a decent game. By decent, do you mean he didn't do anything remotely positive or remotely negative? I reckon our bar is slightly higher than that mate.

You clearly want McGeouch in instead of Campbell. 

But you've got your sights wrong as I just said above.  I think McCrorie needs moved. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

As soon as sheerin said in interview it would be basically more of same and no wholesale changes he should of been shown the door. Absolutely fucking mental to continue in same manner. 

Someone said we wouldn’t score again this season. Wonder what odds are? 

Someone put Aberdeen -2 on our coupon and he's a very popular poster here! 

bloody druggy 

4 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

If Sheerin/Robson have any ambitions at all to be involved next season

Apparently not. Sheerin just an apologist for McInnes.

That really fucking bugs.

4 hours ago, Sheepo said:

very Mcinnes like 

Yip.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Did Sheerin phone McInnes pre-match and ask him what tacticts, what formation, what team talk to give etc. 

I'd nae rule it out.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

What in the fuck gas happened to Hayes technique too

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Hayes has been so bad it’s unbelievable 

He was fucking brutal.

Last 10 minutes, 6 or 7 crosses mad an absolute cunt of every single one.

He can get himself to fuck too.

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Correct. They are still playing to Derek's tune.

Fucking gypes.

12 minutes ago, slippers said:

As soon as sheerin said in interview it would be basically more of same and no wholesale changes he should of been shown the door.

100% spot on.

What a fucking halfwit.

Like we'd want more of the same. ?

Seriously dim.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You clearly want McGeouch in instead of Campbell. 

But you've got your sights wrong as I just said above.  I think McCrorie needs moved. 

I'm not having a pop at Campbell... he was far from the worst out there today. But good game? None of them had a good game. You lose 1-0 like that and you ALL get 5/10 or lower in my books. You win and lose as a team. Something these fannies seem to have forgot. So much for Sheerin saying they are all training with great spirits and the attitude has never been the problem. Every time you are down you should be busting your balls to get back into it. Dean may come good in a side that is more attacking and winning but he's not the player we need in the engine room.... McGeouch is. Utter madness to overlook him.

Sheerin oot!!

Nick McPheat from BBC Sport.... "One goal in 10 games is a sobering stat for Aberdeen, but until United's opener, interim manager Paul Sheerin had his players playing a far more vibrant brand of football."

Was he paid by Sheerin to write that? It was McInnes blueprint all over the place. McLennan playing wide and knocking the ball 10 yards too far in front of him... hardly any shots on goal. Crap quality of passing. Two midfielders playing too deep. Vibrant... I give up.