Jump to content

What you doing today?


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

You're totally clueless Fridge.  Firstly,  anyone can apply for a  'council'  house (they're owned by housing associations now),  regardless of circumstances, you don't have to be  'entitled'.  Secondly,  the fact he's a young single person puts him at the bottom of the queue ( it's all points systems,  and a  young healthy single person gets almost no points) . He won't be getting fast tracked ahead of asylum seekers,  newly released cons or teenage mums,  job or not. 

Oh well fair enough. Never had to deal with any of that, was just trying to help. I know anyone is entitled to a council house but I assumed there would be a priority list and having no cash and no house would bump you up but assuming you know what you are talking about you’ll be right enough.

Link to comment

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

Oh well fair enough. Never had to deal with any of that, was just trying to help. I know anyone is entitled to a council house but I assumed there would be a priority list and having no cash and no house would bump you up but assuming you know what you are talking about you’ll be right enough.

It used to be that  way back in the day. I got married and applied for a council house in my old village back in 92. Both working but we go a 3 bedroom within 3 months. I guess now its different

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

It used to be that  way back in the day. I got married and applied for a council house in my old village back in 92. Both working but we go a 3 bedroom within 3 months. I guess now its different

I remember I moved down to London in 97, was kipping on my brother's floor. Went to an appointment at Islington Council to apply to get put on the housing list and the housing officer literally laughed at me. Big African bloke.

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Got up 

ran (daftly said fitlike to Gary McCallister as he gave me a nod before passing - I’m too nice sometimes) 

Bath 

Book some courses for work

Lunch (homemade lentil/veg soup) 

Go get some passport photos 

fill in application for a second passport 

Tea (Piri Piri Chicken) 

Pints/fitba 

 

You can take a passport photo yourself using your phone. 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I remember I moved down to London in 97, was kipping on my brother's floor. Went to an appointment at Islington Council to apply to get put on the housing list and the housing officer literally laughed at me. Big African bloke.

Thought they would have learned.

(see I S Lington CC debt collecting fraud for details)

Link to comment
Just now, King Street Loon said:

In Gellions just now.

Our meal at Cafe One was shitcanned earlier due to track and trace shutting the place down.

Decent day out though, had a fair scoof.

Gellions always good for a few jars.

Aye a few places getting shut down just now, been about 6 or 7 in the last week or so.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...