BK Hacken 2 - 0 Aberdeen (3 - 5)

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

He cut inside looked up and passed clean to a Hacken player. Truly bizarre player.

I'll be honest here, aye lost 2 nil but I think we have played some okay football. I wouldn't at all compare it to end of McInnes reign. We try pass the ball about. Need a centre back, and if took one of the many chances we had. Different game. 

Ojo, please don't play him Sunday.

Gallagher in for McRorie with McRorie taking Ojo’s place in midfield going forward surely 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Well that was a weird game! Crazy. I hope Glass has learned something tonight., the game turned bad when  JET went off and Ojo missed the sitter. I thought  Gallagher should have been on after their first goal. And when he did come on that calmed our defence down.

Ramirez should be doing better with his chances. But the Swedes were totally out of control  last 20  minutes.

I think this is one of those one off games, and we shouldn't read too much into it. 

I do not want to see Ojo in a Dons team again.

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

He cut inside looked up and passed clean to a Hacken player. Truly bizarre player.

I'll be honest here, aye lost 2 nil but I think we have played some okay football. I wouldn't at all compare it to end of McInnes reign. We try pass the ball about. Need a centre back, and if took one of the many chances we had. Different game. 

Ojo, please don't play him Sunday.

Played ok, I think we would have been in more trouble in that game under McInnes as he would have had us sitting in.

Defence is a real worry though. Clearly need in another STARTING 11 defender. Even without the bookings/potential suspensions for our 2 CH's if we get past next round.

Also striker needed. We cannot depend on the two we have being ever present & on form. They are still very much both (could go either way) yay/nay

• Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, paddy said:

Finishing tonight has been woeful - like, end of McInnes reign woeful.

There is no way a McInnes side would have created that many chances away in Europe. We should have had that game out of sight. Ramirez and Ojo missing absolute sitters. 
We missed JET when he went off injured. 

Switch Ojo out for Gallagher with McCrorie coming into midfield. Gallagher looked settled when he came on. 

JET should be ok for Sunday and at least with him coming off he was able rest a little before the Dundee Utd match.

A frustrating match as I felt we should have scored from the chances we created. Hacken were incredibly dirty. I feel a draw would have been a fairer result.

Just pleased the match is over and we are through to the next round. The Icelandic team will be a decent opposition..

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, RUL said:

We need to be more clinical as the game turned on how many good opportunities we wasted. 

Agreed. 13 shots 8 on target is good (great in fact) considering 5-1 lead going into game but we should be scoring at least 1 with those stats. They scored 2 with lesser stats which only helps highlight our weaknesses at both ends for coming season & especially any hopes of making group stage in Europe. 
Hopefully Glass/Cormack/Russel aren’t ignorant to this.

Not to mention the serious pile up of bookings already.

Cormack needs to dip in his pocket & speed up his (only if the right players are available) prawcess

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I wanted Breidablik and they are still 2-0 up, and I see this is the Islandic team that Motherwell put out 10 years ago.

They are the lowest seeds in this next round, but they have just come through two rounds

You're quite correct, we need to take these Islamists seriously. 

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Unsure what to make of that.

Main pluses were the 2 young full backs.

Also think Brown did okay.

One huge negative was Joe Lewis kicking.

Never went to an Aberdeen player once.

Yeah he was back to  blootering it anywhere up field. Maybe because he didn't trust his defence to pass the ball up field. But still na good.

I think this just further emphasizes the need for another striker, preferable someone with pace to get in behind. Ramirez and JET are both good to feet and look like they will do a job holding up and bringing others into play, but neither (JET especially) are pacey.

You could see the dynamic of the game change as well when we were forced to go with one up top with no other striker to call on. That simply invited more pressure on us.

Hopefully we can get a striker in before we face the Icelandic outfit (who look like they are currently going through).

15 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

I think this just further emphasizes the need for another striker, preferable someone with pace to get in behind. Ramirez and JET are both good to feet and look like they will do a job holding up and bringing others into play, but neither (JET especially) are pacey.

You could see the dynamic of the game change as well when we were forced to go with one up top with no other striker to call on. That simply invited more pressure on us.

Hopefully we can get a striker in before we face the Icelandic outfit (who look like they are currently going through).

Alwayes wondered what damage Johnny could do further up the pitch running at defences