Calvin Ramsay

11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Given his form falling off a cliff after we allegedly knocked back bids for him in January can you imagine what he would be like if we blocked a move to Liverpool?

His form ‘falling off a cliff’ also coincided with the managerial shitshow (keeping Glass way too long) & shite January window by him & the whole teams ‘form’ being utter shite & playing generally shite football/tactics.

Good few folk seem to have grown completely ignorant to the fact he is still only 18 & in his first season. Hard for someone like that to keep up his first half season form in a side that was on a continuous downward spiral. Only Barron has managed to rise above the rest of the teams general shiteness. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You're saying that the 'gutter press' are talking down his value...

do you think that teams base their value of a player they want to buy  based on what 'gutter press' say?! That's my point 

Pretty sure if they repeat it enough (which they certainly have) then it will have some affect in reality. 
Investing in young potential talent already comes with its risks but if a club also pays much more than the ‘constant gutter press’ valuation then they face even more ridicule if said signing turns out to be a failure. 

Of course it will have ‘some’ bearing on how much clubs are willing to pay for a player. 

flip side, look at Morelos, had the gutter press put a more realistic valuation on him (pushed by their own media) he would have been sold long ago but the Huns have massively overvalued him & as a result clubs have been scared to go near him. 

Press does indeed have ‘some’ affect on players eventual fees. Of course they don’t SET the values but they can certainly affect it a bit either way. 

9 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You're saying that the 'gutter press' are talking down his value...

do you think that teams base their value of a player they want to buy  based on what 'gutter press' say?! That's my point 

No but I hate seeing them do that to non Celtic or Rangers players all the time. Just a pet gate of mine. It certainly wouldn’t do any harm them writing “6m would get him” instead of 3m. My opinion is Scottish papers should be trying to inflate the market prices. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Given his form falling off a cliff after we allegedly knocked back bids for him in January can you imagine what he would be like if we blocked a move to Liverpool?

He’s shite! Only teams like Liverpool after him. Must of had a terrible season…. Sounds like you will be devastated if we get a half respectable fee. 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

His form ‘falling off a cliff’ also coincided with the managerial shitshow (keeping Glass way too long) & shite January window by him & the whole teams ‘form’ being utter shite & playing generally shite football/tactics.

Good few folk seem to have grown completely ignorant to the fact he is still only 18 & in his first season. Hard for someone like that to keep up his first half season form in a side that was on a continuous downward spiral. Only Barron has managed to rise above the rest of the teams general shiteness. 

If he’s worth the money that people claim he is then that excuse won’t fly. He’s been really poor since January regardless of the managerial situation. If he’s a £7 to £10 million pound player then he certainly hasn’t shown it since then.

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

He’s shite! Only teams like Liverpool after him. Must of had a terrible season…. Sounds like you will be devastated if we get a half respectable fee. 

I’m sure this made sense in your head, champ.

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

If he’s worth the money that people claim he is then that excuse won’t fly. He’s been really poor since January regardless of the managerial situation. If he’s a £7 to £10 million pound player then he certainly hasn’t shown it since then.

Clear ignorance of his youth & the fact his valuation is mostly based on POTENTIAL at this moment. He isn’t CURRENTLY playing as a £7m-£10m player just as Patterson hasn’t ever yet played as a £12m (or what ever the fee was) he was bought for an inflated fee based on POTENTIAL 

Was John McGinn even close to being valued at £3m at the age of 18? 

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We don’t get interest in our players from Tranmere never mind Liverpool. The lads obviously done something right. I can’t understand why 1 of our own fans would try and talk down our biggest talent in decades when arguably the best team in the world come calling! He’s had a lot of transfer talk and had to put up with a torrid amount of abuse from fans online, it won’t have been easy for a 18 year old. 

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

No but I hate seeing them do that to non Celtic or Rangers players all the time. Just a pet gate of mine. It certainly wouldn’t do any harm them writing “6m would get him” instead of 3m. My opinion is Scottish papers should be trying to inflate the market prices. 

Well said slippers you’ve woke up. 

31 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Nail on the head.

We might be able to squeeze another £500k out them on the basic transfer fee. It's fucking chickenfeed to them. Then get add-ons like an extra £250k after 30 appearances and the same again after 100 appearances. And a decent sell-on percentage. But ultimately we have to do the right thing for the player. He'll instantly become a millionaire and be set up for life on the back of a move like that. It'll encourage other talented youngsters to choose us over other sides if they see that we are reasonable in our dealings when they get the chance to move on to bigger things.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, slippers said:

Meh. Just ignore it. Best approach 

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Clear ignorance of his youth & the fact his valuation is mostly based on POTENTIAL at this moment. He isn’t CURRENTLY playing as a £7m-£10m player just as Patterson hasn’t ever yet played as a £12m (or what ever the fee was) he was bought for an inflated fee based on POTENTIAL 

Was John McGinn even close to being valued at £3m at the age of 18? 

So he has a good few months then terrible for a few months and that shows potential? Okay m8

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

We don’t get interest in our players from Tranmere never mind Liverpool. The lads obviously done something right. I can’t understand why 1 of our own fans would try and talk down our biggest talent in decades when arguably the best team in the world come calling! He’s had a lot of transfer talk and had to put up with a torrid amount of abuse from fans online, it won’t have been easy for a 18 year old. 

Jesus Christ, more hysteria. Yeah the club should hold out for £20million and nothing less.

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Nail on the head.

We might be able to squeeze another £500k out them on the basic transfer fee. It's fucking chickenfeed to them. Then get add-ons like an extra £250k after 30 appearances and the same again after 100 appearances. And a decent sell-on percentage. But ultimately we have to do the right thing for the player. He'll instantly become a millionaire and be set up for life on the back of a move like that. It'll encourage other talented youngsters to choose us over other sides if they see that we are reasonable in our dealings when they get the chance to move on to bigger things.

Correct. People just can’t see this and think we can just ask whatever price we want for a player who may turn out to be good or may not. If wages etc have been agreed with Liverpool then ultimately we are the ones that will have to agree to their valuation.

“Sorry Calvin I know you dreamt of signing for Liverpool and agreed terms but we’ve accepted a bid from Bournemouth instead as they offered a million quid more”

lol

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

4m, 20% sell on and loan back for a season. Sorted. 

That’s more realistic IMO

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What would Andy Robertsons current market value be if he was currently the 20 year old player Utd sold to Hull for almost £3m having had 34 appearances  & won the young player of year award in 2014?

Ramsay still only 18, young player of year & has 27 appearances & valuations have increased in the past decade for POTENTIAL 

Desperate stuff

What would Andy Robertsons current market value be if he was currently the 20 year old player Utd sold to Hull for almost £3m having had 34 appearances  & won the young player of year award in 2014?

Ramsay still only 18, young player of year & has 27 appearances & valuations have increased in the past decade for POTENTIAL 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yeah it still blows my mind hearts got 10m for Craig Gordon about 20 years ago. 

They had the balls to hold out for a fee they felt justified in asking. 
Do we? That is where we will either get a real good fee or a shite one. The size of Cormacks balls.

We are selling a player based off pure raw potential. Clubs are hoping to find the next ‘equivalent’ Robertson, Tierney, or McGinn (ok midfielder I know) type from Scotland & on a tough position to find such talent & young player values like that have increased since they were sold for their first big fees. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah it still blows my mind hearts got 10m for Craig Gordon about 20 years ago. 

Also worth noting. 
First appearances for the players above for Scotland senior level

All friendlies

Robertson 20 

Tierney 19

McGinn 22

So Ramsay can easily be in their company over next couple of years & THAT is what we (the club) are selling

all players winning YPOTY awards also

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Also worth noting. 
First appearances for the players above for Scotland senior level

All friendlies

Robertson 20 

Tierney 19

McGinn 22

So Ramsay can easily be in their company over next couple of years & THAT is what we (the club) are selling

all players winning YPOTY awards also

Who are you even talking to?

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You do realise that in a thread where BHL is posting, you are currently being the biggest fud. 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Nobody cares about your illiterate nonsense. Tell you what, if he goes for ten million or more I’ll delete my account. If he goes for under ten million then you do the same?

Why would I do that when I haven’t claimed what I think he WILL go for & have only argued on him being worth more than a shitty £3m imo & we shouldn’t deal at that price. 

as I said

Muppet. To Millertime levels 

34 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

You do realise that in a thread where BHL is posting, you are currently being the biggest fud. 

Hopefully you do realise that your opinion is completely irrelevant to me, so you do not waste any more of your precious time trying to convince yourself it is. 

23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why would I do that when I haven’t claimed what I think he WILL go for & have only argued on him being worth more than a shitty £3m imo & we shouldn’t deal at that price. 

as I said

Muppet. To Millertime levels 

It would just be easier if you said you didn’t have the balls for the bet

21 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hopefully you do realise that your opinion is completely irrelevant to me, so you do not waste any more of your precious time trying to convince yourself it is. 

Yet that’s exactly what you do on this forum, you’ve been doing it for the last few hours

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So he has a good few months then terrible for a few months and that shows potential? Okay m8

Jesus Christ, more hysteria. Yeah the club should hold out for £20million and nothing less.

Correct. People just can’t see this and think we can just ask whatever price we want for a player who may turn out to be good or may not. If wages etc have been agreed with Liverpool then ultimately we are the ones that will have to agree to their valuation.

“Sorry Calvin I know you dreamt of signing for Liverpool and agreed terms but we’ve accepted a bid from Bournemouth instead as they offered a million quid more”

lol

Scousers should just ask us to hand him over for fuck all then using that logic.

He’s under contract ?

43 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It would just be easier if you said you didn’t have the balls for the bet

Yet that’s exactly what you do on this forum, you’ve been doing it for the last few hours

Your ‘bet’ is simply ridiculous. Doesn’t take balls to accept a ridiculous bet. Just stupidity.