Calvin Ramsay

24 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, would've thought we'd have preferred to hold on and try and start some kind of bidding war - unless he has a minimum release clause in his contract, or as you say it is a very good deal. Could it possibly be a loan back to us for a further season or something of that nature?

Not sure about a bidding war, but we do need 1 club to make a firm offer to see if the others decide they don’t want to miss out

32 minutes ago, Roberto said:

DM... you perhaps over think this not getting on carry on, I am probably certain in the real world, we probably would, so never take it personally.

My post was to prod another poster who favours Leeds *spits*. I do it every time, in essence, because I'm a cunt.

Leeds are fucking shit. Huns of England along with Chelsea...

Nah, it’s just a football forum. A lot on here take it too seriously. 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Leeds would be good for him in the sense that they also have a team full of defenders that can't actually defend. 

Am I going against the grain here in saying that I've seen nothing in Ramsey that indicates that he's going to be a good defender ? His positional sense is fucking awful, he has poor concentration levels, and he seems mentally and physically very weak. 

All of these faults have cost us goals on a pretty regular basis this season. 

What he does have is pace and decent technique, and it seems that's enough these days to make him a multi million pound player. I say cash in, before anybody realises he can't defend to save his life. 

What a load of bollocks. The lad can defend. Iv seen enough in games to prove that. His defending can improve certainly but to say he can’t defend is laughable 

9 minutes ago, thurso said:

What a load of bollocks. The lad can defend. Iv seen enough in games to prove that. His defending can improve certainly but to say he can’t defend is laughable 

It’s by far the weakest area of his game. That is undeniable & the very same can be said of the very comparable Patterson 

29 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s by far the weakest area of his game. That is undeniable & the very same can be said of the very comparable Patterson 

It’s his weakest part that he can improve on but he’s still not shot at it like was being made out. 

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, would've thought we'd have preferred to hold on and try and start some kind of bidding war - unless he has a minimum release clause in his contract, or as you say it is a very good deal. Could it possibly be a loan back to us for a further season or something of that nature?

Surely a 'bidding war' starts by one club making an initial bid? 

2 hours ago, Oakbank50 said:

All these people slagging Leeds have you ever been to Elland Road to watch a game and see how they support the team

What the fuck do you think?

Do you expect educated comments from AFC chat,

A board full of arseholity, with deep rooted pre conceptions, totally unjustified criticising is par for course, and if the opinion is based on nothing more than conjecture and rumours then all the better.

Hope that clears that up!!!

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Spot on.

We must cash in now before his limitations are sussed.

Still amazed we got £2m for Cosgrove, who was a carthorse when he came, had a purple patch, albeit in Scottish football,  then returned to being a carthorse.

Note he has scored under 5 goals in last 18 months,  in lower England leagues as well.

Ramsay can still greatly improve I suppose but if we are awarded around £4m with add ons I would grab immediately with both hands.

I'm surprised you say you were amazed at the time when we got £2m for Cosgrove. When he arrived he was a very raw and inexperienced youngster who we took a punt on to develop and possibly sell on later at a profit. It was a punt that worked out very well we'd be in a much better place as a club if every piece of business we did was as successful as his was for us. £2m was a fair market price considering his age, contract status, position, goals record (47 in 103 games) and potential to improve even more than he already had. 

12 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s bizarre, the boy can’t defend for shit but has decent technique and has been dreadful for months. Been abused to fuck for having “his head turned”.

Then people demanding stupid money for him ?

Our supporters are fucking morons.

Dreadful for months is the biggest exaggeration on here! Been below par but to say he’s been dreadful is simply ridiculous! 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s bizarre, the boy can’t defend for shit but has decent technique and has been dreadful for months. Been abused to fuck for having “his head turned”.

You should have said! Been at leat an hour since the last time ? 

27 minutes ago, slippers said:

Dreadful for months is the biggest exaggeration on here! Been below par but to say he’s been dreadful is simply ridiculous! 

He’s been shit. Ojo has been better at right back.

23 minutes ago, NEM said:

You should have said! Been at leat an hour since the last time ? 

At leat an hour? Moron 

22 minutes ago, NEM said:

The type of thing a complete moron would come out with ?

Complete moron

21 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Aberdeen fans slagging Ramsay are like the Man U fans saying ronaldo is part of the problem 

Is it aye lololol

53 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Funny you'd say that. I wholeheartedly agree

On 4/29/2022 at 4:06 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

I thought Ramsay was excellent defensively yesterday, especially considering at times he was left picking up two players when Dundee broke.

He has a lot to learn and he'll develop physically which will help him no end. I would hope that we could perhaps do a sale and loan back for next season deal where we continue to develop him. 

He's got all the attributes and another season of first team football would hopefully be beneficial to all parties.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:04 AM, Big Hat Logan said:

Can't defend for shit, months......

Morons....

I assume the irony of your post isn't lost on yourself? And people hounded out Red John for less.....

• Upvote 3