Calvin Ramsay

I just can’t see any club paying north of 4-5million for a player who without doubt is very talented is also very inexperienced.  
Cormack is likely to have a decision to make of accepting a 3-4million cash + sell on % or keep him, let him develop for another year and hopefully sell him for a lot more next January… 

Just now, Kiriakov33 said:

I just can’t see any club paying north of 4-5million for a player who without doubt is very talented is also very inexperienced.  
Cormack is likely to have a decision to make of accepting a 3-4million cash + sell on % or keep him, let him develop for another year and hopefully sell him for a lot more next January… 

Aye. We need to keep him for a wee bit longer.  Assuming he doesn't extend his current deal. 

Even if it's til the summer when he's still got 2 years left we'll get more if he has a good second half to this season. 

39 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Everton just paid over double that for one

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Everton just paid over double that for one

I agree that Ramsay will undoubtedly go on to become a better player than Patterson but  at the moment it’s all potential and would be seen more of a risk for potential buyers.  
Like it or not the fact that Patterson is a full international, has some European experience, is 2 years older all adds to his value.   Also, as dirty as this sounds playing for one of the old firm automatically raises the players value as the perception is from down south that they must be better players.(they will also be better paid so they will assume a player earning £7-10k a week is better than a player on 1-2k a week) 

I would wager though that within the next 5 years, we will earn more from the sale of Ramsay than Patterson will earn Rangers.  

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I see Brighton are possibly selling their attacking right back Lamptey to Spurs for an alleged £50m (madness of the EPL)

I wonder if they’d consider Calvin Ramsay as a young replacement? 

If so, don’t bother with any low ball bollocks. 

I agree…ask for top dollar or we should keep the lad.

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I see Brighton are possibly selling their attacking right back Lamptey to Spurs for an alleged £50m (madness of the EPL)

I wonder if they’d consider Calvin Ramsay as a young replacement? 

If so, don’t bother with any low ball bollocks. 

Straight swap would surely suit all parties. They get Ramsay and we get Jenks without paying a fee?

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I agree that Ramsay will undoubtedly go on to become a better player than Patterson but  at the moment it’s all potential and would be seen more of a risk for potential buyers.  
Like it or not the fact that Patterson is a full international, has some European experience, is 2 years older all adds to his value.   Also, as dirty as this sounds playing for one of the old firm automatically raises the players value as the perception is from down south that they must be better players.(they will also be better paid so they will assume a player earning £7-10k a week is better than a player on 1-2k a week) 

I would wager though that within the next 5 years, we will earn more from the sale of Ramsay than Patterson will earn Rangers.  

Does that mean we could get the same for Ferguson. Full international, 2 years older, played more games in Scotland and Europe, scored more goals 

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Does that mean we could get the same for Ferguson. Full international, 2 years older, played more games in Scotland and Europe, scored more goals 

Fergusons value has no doubt increased now hes an international. 

Could argue he has never played in european competition proper, only qualifiers. Did Patterson play in group stages - which is undeniably a higher level. 

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Fergusons value has no doubt increased now hes an international. 

Could argue he has never played in european competition proper, only qualifiers. Did Patterson play in group stages - which is undeniably a higher level. 

Had this argument with a the rangers fan, as far as I was aware qualifiers are still in Europe as as far as I’m aware all the teams we played arnt from Scotland 

57 minutes ago, thurso said:

You could argue that at this moment we could command a higher fee for Ferguson as he is more established.  Unfortunately clubs will also look at what the players earn and assume that they are worth more.   

Personally I would keep Ramsay for at least until next January unless a daft bid came in for him.  However I have a feeling that  we could deal with an offer of 3-4 million with a 20% sell on clause.  

50 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

So Celtic playing ferancvaros is a higher level than us playing sporting?come awa min

Celtic playing Fernecvaros, Leverkusen and Betis this season is a higher level than us playing Hacken, Breidablik and Quarabag. Throw in them playing AZ Alkmaar in qualifying. 

Last season when we played one glamour tie vs Sporting Lisbon, they had AC Milan, Lille, Sparta Prague. Throw in their qualifiers which granted were below Sporting level, but that was an exceptionally tough draw we got. 

45 minutes ago, super_al said:

Can anyone else see Rangers making a bid for Ramsey?

No

And even if they did, I doubt the loon would choose to go there. Patterson couldn't force his way into that sevco side ahead of Tavernier. It would be a pointless move therefore for Ramsay to effectively put himself in the same position. He needs to play games.

Of course if he was signed by an EPL club it's unlikely he'd play there initially too. But more than likely they'd loan him back to us till the end of the season if he was sold in this window. They'd then probably arrange for him to go on loan to an English Championship club next season where the parent club can monitor his progress until he's absolutely ready to make the step up into their team.

At sevco, he'd just be playing in the league cup and covering for injuries, maybe getting the odd league game here and there against SPL dross sides to allow Tavernier an occasional rest.

Throw in huns last season beat Willem II and Galatasary in qualiying then got through a group with Standard Liege, Benfica and Lech Poznan before beating Antwerp and losing to Slavia Prague. Higher level of fixure than us getting papped out by Sporting after beating Viking and a Faroese team. Difference being they have been successful in Europe whereas we have played a couple of glamour friendlies before being papped out by any team with any sort of pedigree. 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

No

And even if they did, I doubt the loon would choose to go there. Patterson couldn't force his way into that sevco side ahead of Tavernier. It would be a pointless move therefore for Ramsay to effectively put himself in the same position. He needs to play games.

Of course if he was signed by an EPL club it's unlikely he'd play there initially too. But more than likely they'd loan him back to us till the end of the season if he was sold in this window. They'd then probably arrange for him to go on loan to an English Championship club next season where the parent club can monitor his progress until he's absolutely ready to make the step up into their team.

At sevco, he'd just be playing in the league cup and covering for injuries, maybe getting the odd league game here and there against SPL dross sides to allow Tavernier an occasional rest.

He wouldnt be allowed to sign for the huns.