Christian Ramirez

10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t mind players doing things but going on a podcast where comments are taken out of context by fans etc is not really comparable to playing a random round of golf or going out for food with pals.

Im not particularly annoyed, I just think he is naive. I’m half way through it and don’t mind what he’s saying but I’m just not sure a player should be doing that kind of thing when we are in the state we are. 

It’s the fuckwit fans that are the issue. There’s some dregs of society follow AFC and I know people who don’t even go to the games that mouth off just to get a reaction. Never happy unless they are moaning. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CCB III said:

I thought McInnes had to go from the Motherwell cup shaggings in 2017. 

It's not the same logic for a player and a manager either. McInnes was done by his own recruitment in the end, you could argue Ramirez has been done in with recruitment. 

I was at the first of the double headers. Pumped 3-0. That was the game I realised that our players can't even take a throw in. I kid you not we still have the same problem 5 years later. Watch the next game, no one shows for a throw in and if we go long we lose the header

15 hours ago, CCB III said:

You're smart enough to know I don't mean every dons fan. 

Agendas they have about Cormack, whether they rate a player or nae, etc etc. 

Folk had pre conceived notions about Ramirez so now he's playing bad they are delighted, more concerned with being proved right than the team doing well. 

Same with Glass, we were all sceptical but you get the dicks unwilling to accept when we'd had a good game etc.

Same with DMC, over the piece a great manager for us but people already have their minds made up and won't budge. 

Fuck me there was a decent enough group of idiots singing songs about being in the championship and generally using their voices to take the piss, some of the best participation there's been this season in the Red Shed was Saturday! Folk ripping the team! Yet if you try get a chant going in support the folk are quiet. 

Our supporters are a nightmare.  

Again a pretty sweeping statement. IMO Ramirez is crap. I pick him out for criticism more than others cause as well as being crap he doesn't try at all. He hasn't been scoring, can't hold a ball up, terrible passer, doesn't even try to win headers, just collapses holding his face and never wins any free kicks. There's no excuses for a lot of that, but he keeps getting defended. Probably like you say by fans who have a pre conceived agenda.

Compare him to MacLennan who's just a rotten player but he doesn't get the same criticism cause he doesn't play every minute of every game. Or compare with Ojo who isn't great but at least tries and contributes something despite being played out of position.

For some reason people say his form has dipped since Glasses last game. Pretty lazy observation imo. He's been cack for much longer than that.

I also thought Glass was terrible but gave him praise when it was due. For example the gers, hibs and hearts games round about Xmas. Unfortunately, they were the exception.

And for all I don't rate Ramirez, I thought his performance on Saturday was his best this year. He managed 3 passes and 1 shot on target. So hopefully dropping him has given him a kick up the arse. Also, coincidence that we actually played decent on Saturday without him?

3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Again a pretty sweeping statement. IMO Ramirez is crap. I pick him out for criticism more than others cause as well as being crap he doesn't try at all. He hasn't been scoring, can't hold a ball up, terrible passer, doesn't even try to win headers, just collapses holding his face and never wins any free kicks. There's no excuses for a lot of that, but he keeps getting defended. Probably like you say by fans who have a pre conceived agenda.

Compare him to MacLennan who's just a rotten player but he doesn't get the same criticism cause he doesn't play every minute of every game. Or compare with Ojo who isn't great but at least tries and contributes something despite being played out of position.

For some reason people say his form has dipped since Glasses last game. Pretty lazy observation imo. He's been cack for much longer than that.

I also thought Glass was terrible but gave him praise when it was due. For example the gers, hibs and hearts games round about Xmas. Unfortunately, they were the exception.

And for all I don't rate Ramirez, I thought his performance on Saturday was his best this year. He managed 3 passes and 1 shot on target. So hopefully dropping him has given him a kick up the arse. Also, coincidence that we actually played decent on Saturday without him?

Nope, the “gers” 

closet hun

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Lapping up Goodwins propaganda. We were shite on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

We are shite but most games follow a similar path of us having more possession and chances, before losing more often than not.

Doesn’t appear to make any difference who’s the manager.

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

We are shite but most games follow a similar path of us having more possession and chances, before losing more often than not.

Doesn’t appear to make any difference who’s the manager.

I know, but JGs interviews post match were waffle. I get he's not going to slate them but we are dirt and he hasn't improved us.

27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I thought we were alright first half on Saturday. As someone said, the games follow a similar pattern now. 

I don't remember us making a chance. I was pished tho. 

Watkins hitting just over is about the only thing I recall. Made more chances when we had to throw the kitchen sink at it with MacKenzie and Ramirez forcing their keeper into saves. 

The first goal is a nonsense for me, our defenders running in treacle. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

We didn't make a chance of note. We were pish. 

It's been years since I remember Pittodrie like that. Folk apathetic as fuck atm. 

Hardly a reaction when we scored and the 5 mins added on didn't make me think the result was going to be anything else. 

McCrorie deserved his two yellows and it's been coming with him. 

Goodwin IMHO was a rushed appointment. Not to write him off yet but did we really do our due diligence with this appointment? It's like it went so badly with Glass we just went for the opposite profile. 

I wanted him in at the time but with hindsight I think it would've been better to plod along with Robson etc until the end of the season and see fit like come the end. 

Now JG has this string of tragic results on his back giving him added pressure for next season. 

10 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

We were garbage again on Saturday.  Ferguson is so slow doing anything with the ball. probably as he has no options ahead of him.  Hes just not the same player he was a few seasons ago.  Deffo spat the dummy out after the transfer request.

He's still one of our best players, if not the best, but I'm expecting more from a million+ pound asset in games like this. 

Too often he struggles to influence play in a meaningful way. 

43 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He's still one of our best players, if not the best, but I'm expecting more from a million+ pound asset in games like this. 

On past performances i agree, but he has been stinking the place out for a while.  Just my opinion mind.  He's not the same player.

7 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

On past performances i agree, but he has been stinking the place out for a while.  Just my opinion mind.  He's not the same player.

Which is stupid for his own career, yes he may well not want to be here but who is going to pay a decent amount of money for him if he’s been playing shite. Should’ve just got his head down and performed to the best of his abilities

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, CCB III said:

Nope, I can make my own mind up based on watching games. Unlike others who look at Ramirez's goals in 1st half of season and think he's good. If you actually watch him he contributes nothing.

Defenders of him say the service to him is poor. And to be honest you can't argue with that. Our final pass and crossing must be the worst in the league. However, when you ain't getting service then you go and make something happen. 

On Saturday the front 3 caused far more problems than we have for a while and the crossing was much better. But like others have said, it was a similar story, we just couldn't finish anything.

I also thought everyone else had a decent game too, except Bates who was a bomb scare. Even Lewis and Ojo were decent and they've been stinking for the whole season

• Haha 1
Just now, Daisy1903 said:

Nope, I can make my own mind up based on watching games. Unlike others who look at Ramirez's goals in 1st half of season and think he's good. If you actually watch him he contributes nothing.

Defenders of him say the service to him is poor. And to be honest you can't argue with that. Our final pass and crossing must be the worst in the league. However, when you ain't getting service then you go and make something happen. 

On Saturday the front 3 caused far more problems than we have for a while and the crossing was much better. But like others have said, it was a similar story, we just couldn't finish anything.

I also thought everyone else had a decent game too, except Bates who was a bomb scare. Even Lewis and Ojo were decent and they've been stinking for the whole season

Dunno WTF you were watching as we looked much more dangerous when CR came off the bench and seemed to play just off the front. 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

How do you influence play with no movement in front of you. Do we play one of Glass's imaginery strikers to pull defenders away and allow Lewis to drive forward?

47 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Dunno WTF you were watching as we looked much more dangerous when CR came off the bench and seemed to play just off the front. 

Ive watched him all season. And since about October he's done nothing? Have you seen that????

And I did say in another post that his performance on Saturday has been his best this year. He managed 3 passes and 1 shot on target. Hardly Ronaldo stats that!

Just now, Broken_Glass said:

What an unbelievably pathetic response. You advocate moving it quicker - quicker to whom when he has no options ahead of him. The previous regime have us with one striker who is incapable of finding space, dragging defenders about or holding the ball up. 

When Ferguson drives forward he's not got the movement in front of him to pass to nor the movement for defenders to be drawn out and for gaps to appear to drive into. 

Most of our problems stem from utterly shit recruitment. 

Ramirez is lazy and not intelligent enough. Stavrum was slower than Ramirez but he could play, he was intelligent and played on the shoulder of the last defender. He knew when to run, where to drag defenders and more importantly he could score goals in a shit team. 

Lack of movement and awareness up top is filtering back through the team. Makes winning very difficult.

I disagree. Ferguson is often guilty of flowing the game down with risk free passing. 

Movement in general is poor but you don't see heaps of it from him, again, breaking the lines when say Barron is in possession. He's the one dropping wanting to play from deep. For me, I'd say that should be Barron's role. None of our midfielders deployed this season are enough of a threat from open play, rarely do you see them getting into the box, how often is Vinny trying to hit one, isolated striker? Too often. 

Most the goals he scores are from penalties or getting on the end of set pieces, both things he's brilliant at, but you'd think he'd be better at breaking into the box as the late man and getting more goals. He only has 4 from open play, Barron isn't going to score many, isn't that type of player, nor is RMC.