Christian Ramirez

9 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Sure petal. Perhaps attend games and see what Cosgrove had compared to Ramirez .

Ramirez has been a complete flop. If utilised properly with a strike partner he possibly could have scored more but a poor man's Rooney. Probably a poor man's Vernon is more accurate.

Petal?

That's the level of discourse you operate at, and yet we're supposed to take your 'analyses' of the comparable merits of two very different strikers, and summation that one of the leagues top scorers is 'a complete flop'.

You're done, here. 

I mean, you can keep talking, sure, but you're done. 

Moving on... 

6 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

It's probably not a coincidence that from the time Ramsey went off the boil, Ramirez stopped scoring goals. Ramsey is one of the few in the team who can actually cross a ball, but he's kinda burnt out/head turned/lost confidence in himself a bit recently and hasn't had the same impact. 

Someone else’s fault again.

The team just aren’t good enough for him. The time he scored 20 goals in the American Pub League shows he’s a great goalscorer.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Petal?

That's the level of discourse you operate at, and yet we're supposed to take your 'analyses' of the comparable merits of two very different strikers, and summation that one of the leagues top scorers is 'a complete flop'.

You're done, here. 

I mean, you can keep talking, sure, but you're done. 

Moving on... 

The oracle has attempted to lay down the law. Tremendous failure. 

You are correct though time to move on just like Ramirez.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

The oracle has attempted to lay down the law. Tremendous failure. 

You are correct though time to move on just like Ramirez.

You've devolved into nothing more than ad hominem, and you think you've 'won' the debate. 

As previously stated, you're done, there's no need for you to reiterate why. 

• Upvote 1

Personally I was happy with his contribution (Goals and effort) until the turn of the year.

He now looks like he just doesn't want to be here.

A loss of confidence and goals drying up is one thing, his work rate tailing off is completely another.

I've went from being a fan to meh.

Still hoping he proves me wrong in the remaining games though

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 12:46 AM, NorfolkDandy said:

Personally I was happy with his contribution (Goals and effort) until the turn of the year.

He now looks like he just doesn't want to be here.

A loss of confidence and goals drying up is one thing, his work rate tailing off is completely another.

I've went from being a fan to meh.

Still hoping he proves me wrong in the remaining games though

This 100%. Was a bright spark at the start of the season, looked like he could easily score 25-30 for the season. Even at the beginning of the year when he started going off the boil, was convinced it was just down to lack of service and him being overused as the only real striker at the club.

His lack of interest over the past month or 2 though means he can now join every other charlatan at the club in getting to fuck. Good luck finding another club Christian.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiSrav3v6_3AhVJQEEAHXXHBAsQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpodcasts.apple.com%2Fus%2Fpodcast%2Forange-slices%2Fid1534795455&usg=AOvVaw1Yt7sx4MxNyBYo7MHwP9kK&cshid=1650899513664612

Ramirez done a podcast. Quite an interesting listen, talks about change in manager, style, club raging when we draw games, his wife getting abuse, him being a hun sympathiser and getting abuse for it.

Doesn't sound like any plans for his wife to return, presumably his departure being confirmed is why he was dropped on Saturday.

36 minutes ago, RUL said:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiSrav3v6_3AhVJQEEAHXXHBAsQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpodcasts.apple.com%2Fus%2Fpodcast%2Forange-slices%2Fid1534795455&usg=AOvVaw1Yt7sx4MxNyBYo7MHwP9kK&cshid=1650899513664612

Ramirez done a podcast. Quite an interesting listen, talks about change in manager, style, club raging when we draw games, his wife getting abuse, him being a hun sympathiser and getting abuse for it.

Doesn't sound like any plans for his wife to return, presumably his departure being confirmed is why he was dropped on Saturday.

Be fucked if I'm listening to him whining and greeting, but from that summary he sounds like a right fucking tosspot.

Fuck him. Slacking cunt.

5 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

He's American. They don't have draws. 

He probably looked at it as a point secured without having to go into overtime. 

He’s a clueless beaut. Get the impression he thinks the fans should be happy regardless how the teams doing.

Can teams get relegated from the MLS?

Just now, NEM said:

He’s a clueless beaut. Get the impression he thinks the fans should be happy regardless how the teams doing.

Totally different culture isn't it? 

Nobody gets relegated, clubs are set up on a fairly even playing field, fairly recent league so no multi generational hatred built up for other teams in the league. Half the league qualifies for the end of season play offs for the title. 

The personal abuse for him and his family is out of order though, nobody is condoning that. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally different culture isn't it? 

Nobody gets relegated, clubs are set up on a fairly even playing field, fairly recent league so no multi generational hatred built up for other teams in the league. Half the league qualifies for the end of season play offs for the title. 

The personal abuse for him and his family is out of order though, nobody is condoning that. 

Yeah but you’d think he’d know it’s different over here. Greeting when Glass got sacked as if the club were being unfair was ridiculous.

Aye no need for it but could easily be solved by making their social media private. 

Just now, NEM said:

Yeah but you’d think he’d know it’s different over here. Greeting when Glass got sacked as if the club were being unfair was ridiculous.

Aye no need for it but could easily be solved by making their social media private. 

Aye you'd have thought he'd be aware or been made aware that he was entering a totally different football culture. 

But if he'd got the Cormack sales pitch it would all have been about new stadiums, face painting and fan zones. 

32 minutes ago, NEM said:

He acknowledges that, there are a couple of other yanks on the podcast who talk about how the culture is different in Europe. He also speaks about how important the football team is to the local area, big change from America where each city has multiple sports teams more important than football, where as football here is all that matters. 

He mentions the difference when team is doing well. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What does the club raging about draws bit mean?   Surely he's not happy when he draws games?  Or have I picked that up wrong? 

He said he scored a late equaliser, doesn't say which game. Went back to the changing room and thought everyone would be buzzing but everyone was raging about us dropping points.

Different culture in America I think.

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

That was more in regard to him being used to show this league must not be good because he didn't score goals in America but score goals here.

Thought he came across well enough, he's done fairly well here considering how big of change it's been for him moving here.

Not well enough bearing in mind he is on the guts of 10k a week

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Aye says he feels disrespected. That's the telling aspect for me.

That was more in regard to him being used to show this league must not be good because he didn't score goals in America but score goals here.

Thought he came across well enough, he's done fairly well here considering how big of change it's been for him moving here.

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Not well enough bearing in mind he is on the guts of 10k a week

Meh, overall he's done a good job I would say, needs to finish with a couple of goals.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Which is a cheek, as he has been disrespecting us since September

That you telling lies again?

• Upvote 1