Christian Ramirez

We're continually trying to get the ball wide and get crosses in. Surely this is playing to his 'strengths' a sit allows him to attack space in the box and get on the end of crosses? 

If not what are we supposed to be doing then? We can't play the ball in behind as he hasn't got the pace to get beyond defenders. 

And he's not going to dribble past players so there would be no point in giving it to him deep or wide.

One of the issues is that he has very few strengths. 

We spent the better part of the season employing a "Ball Retention At All Costs" style of football. 

The problem with that is that you need creative/fast players to transition from "Holding on to the ball" to "Actually fucking posing a goal threat" or players with the ability to pass the ball from back to front, and the movement required to facilitate that style of play... you know, like Fucking Barcelona and their fancy Tiki Taka shite. 

We had none of that. 

Our one fast-ish wide player who could drive at defences was played in a defensive role. 

We had no creative players, but rather guys who at best passed sideways as soon as pressure was applied, and our passing, unfortunately, falls just short of Fucking Barcelona's. 

We play one striker up top, relying on guys like McLennan, JET, Kennedy... and Funso Ojo... to provide that solitary striker with chances.

It's a terrific system, and I can understand why you're all puzzled as fuck as to why he didn't score a thousand goals before the split.  

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

A good goalscorer who is almost entirely wasted at our club, unfortunately. 

Doesn't suit our 'system' at all, whatever the fuck kind of 'system' we're supposed to have. 

Was the “good goalscorer” wasted at his old club too? He’s not scored over 20 goals in a season apart from in the fucking American second league. There’s no evidence that has a good goalscorer at a decent level at all.

38 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Fed up of the system doesn't work for him shite. We've one of the highest possession stats in the league and we play wide players who get the ball in the box. Isn't that the perfect system for him? Admit it, he's just shite and sooner he fucks off the better

Jesus fucking Christ.

Possession in your own half means sweet fuck all, and our crossing has been anywhere from dreadful to non-existant.

You do know we're discussing Aberdeen, right?

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Was the “good goalscorer” wasted at his old club too? He’s not scored over 20 goals in a season apart from in the fucking American second league. There’s no evidence that has a good goalscorer at a decent level at all.

I just wonder what kind of player would have scored more than Ramirez this season

People seem to have short memories... we were going entire halves of games without creating a single scoring chance.

Some games we were deep into the second half before a chance was made.

We'd hen we were actually playing well he was scoring, but too often we've been set up to do nothing more than keep the ball.

18 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I just wonder what kind of player would have scored more than Ramirez this season

People seem to have short memories... we were going entire halves of games without creating a single scoring chance.

Some games we were deep into the second half before a chance was made.

We'd hen we were actually playing well he was scoring, but too often we've been set up to do nothing more than keep the ball.

He’s got no record of being a good goalscorer though. Another kind of player might have scored slightly less but contributed a lot more overall. 

55 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Fed up of the system doesn't work for him shite. We've one of the highest possession stats in the league and we play wide players who get the ball in the box. Isn't that the perfect system for him? Admit it, he's just shite and sooner he fucks off the better

Yet our 'quality' of crosses in to the box is one of the poorest in the league,  we're 7th 'best' for passes in to the box which is just 1 better than Dundee ffs.

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yet our 'quality' of crosses in to the box is one of the poorest in the league,  we're 7th 'best' for passes in to the box which is just 1 better than Dundee ffs.

Agree our crossing is shocking and another huge deficiency of Glass. If 8 insisted on playing shite like Ojo and MacLennan I'd have them spending the whole day crossing balls. Not exactly a difficult skill.

The point stands about Ramirez though. The "system" argument is pish. Does he need to play in a team with 90% possession and attacking all the time cause if he does then I'd fancy my chances of scoring 20+ in that team. Also he was brought into an Aberdeen team. We need to know our limitations and he is a complete luxury player. Scored 15 but I'd take Charles Cook, anderson, mcnukty, watt, van veen and plenty others who offer far more than him. Van veen played an entire game with a fucked shoulder and still did more than him ffs

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

He’s got no record of being a good goalscorer though. Another kind of player might have scored slightly less but contributed a lot more overall. 

What has happened is that we've signed a very good penalty box striker and put him in a side that, for the most part, cant get the ball anywhere near the penalty box.

Again, I dont know who we should have signed instead of Ramirez, but they would have had to do an incredible amount of heavy lifting for themselves between the middle and the penalty box.

41 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Agree our crossing is shocking and another huge deficiency of Glass. If 8 insisted on playing shite like Ojo and MacLennan I'd have them spending the whole day crossing balls. Not exactly a difficult skill.

The point stands about Ramirez though. The "system" argument is pish. Does he need to play in a team with 90% possession and attacking all the time cause if he does then I'd fancy my chances of scoring 20+ in that team. Also he was brought into an Aberdeen team. We need to know our limitations and he is a complete luxury player. Scored 15 but I'd take Charles Cook, anderson, mcnukty, watt, van veen and plenty others who offer far more than him. Van veen played an entire game with a fucked shoulder and still did more than him ffs

If you agree our crossing is pish then your point that our system is ideal for Ramirez is, by your own admission, complete bollocks.

24 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

What has happened is that we've signed a very good penalty box striker and put him in a side that, for the most part, cant get the ball anywhere near the penalty box.

Again, I dont know who we should have signed instead of Ramirez, but they would have had to do an incredible amount of heavy lifting for themselves between the middle and the penalty box.

Very good penalty box striker who’s scored 20 goals in a season once in his career which also happened to be at a very poor level. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

This is why you don't do drugs ladies and gentlemen.

A very good penalty box striker who can't move or create space for himself. A poor man's Rooney and a very poor man's Rooney at that.

Cosgrove would have scored more than Rameriz. 

• Upvote 1

We've done this many times before. 

The lack of a proper number 10 and an alternative striker has completely bitten us on the arse.  Both of these would have given us some options to support Ramirez and provide some competition. 

Putting all our eggs in one basket with a 30 year old striker from another continent is just another thing to add to the list of fuck ups.   Massive fucking gamble to more or less go with him alone for an entire season. 

Some folk think Cormack is doing a good job ffs.  Mental. 

4 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

He's not elite, correct.  He had his moments, but I'd be okay if he too moved on this summer. 

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

This is why you don't do drugs ladies and gentlemen.

A very good penalty box striker who can't move or create space for himself. A poor man's Rooney and a very poor man's Rooney at that.

Cosgrove would have scored more than Rameriz. 

You have no way of knowing how many goals Cosgrove would have scored. 

I do know for sure Cosgrove was shite, though, so that makes your claim pretty speculative, to be honest

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

You have no way of knowing how many goals Cosgrove would have scored. 

I do know for sure Cosgrove was shite, though, so that makes your claim pretty speculative, to be honest

Well he was shite enough to outscore Ramirez comfortably.

Plus he could hold the ball up. Plus he could win the ball in the air. Plus he could drag defenders out of position.

Speculative or not - all attributes that Ramirez has failed to display.

4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Well he was shite enough to outscore Ramirez comfortably.

Plus he could hold the ball up. Plus he could win the ball in the air. Plus he could drag defenders out of position.

Speculative or not - all attributes that Ramirez has failed to display.

Cosgrove was playing in a superior side that created actual chances. 

He was shite. 

And, no, he couldn't hold the ball up, and for a tall guy he was shit in the air. 

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Cosgrove was playing in a superior side that created actual chances. 

He was shite. 

And, no, he couldn't hold the ball up, and for a tall guy he was shit in the air. 

Sure petal. Perhaps attend games and see what Cosgrove had compared to Ramirez .

Ramirez has been a complete flop. If utilised properly with a strike partner he possibly could have scored more but a poor man's Rooney. Probably a poor man's Vernon is more accurate.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Sure petal. Perhaps attend games and see what Cosgrove had compared to Ramirez .

Ramirez has been a complete flop. If utilised properly with a strike partner he possibly could have scored more but a poor man's Rooney. Probably a poor man's Vernon is more accurate.

Cosgrove was shite. 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Cosgrove was shite. 

Cosgrove is shite and was shite when he first joined us however he was almost unplayable for a spell of 18 months or so.  

Ramirez was very good first half of the season but has been dogshit for months and his attitude absolutely stinks.  He's probably on 3 or 4 times the wage Cosgrove was as well.