Christian Ramirez

Guest findlay_1903
11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Scores 2 against Peterhead and he’s the saviour again. Needs to do more to convince the normal people on here.

Not a saviour, just an above average striker and as history suggests extremely difficult to find one like him. 

40 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

You’ve got to be off your head to want to off load Christian Ramirez. A wonderful asset which would be extremely hard to replace. Decent strikers are hard to come by. We’ve not had many this millennium. 
His form dipped last season, big deal! Christian will slay the opponent’s repeatedly this season, and repel the boo boys in what’s shaping up to be a fantastic season. 
He’s a penalty box striker who knows how to bread his butter, just watch him explode this season, maybe even get international recognition at the same time. 
Go CHRISTIAN. 

Form dipped? 

it went off a cliff edge for half a season, that’s not a dip in form, that’s just being disinterested and spitting the dummy out 

4 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Form dipped? 

it went off a cliff edge for half a season, that’s not a dip in form, that’s just being disinterested and spitting the dummy out 

Pretty much every player in our squads form went off a cliff in the second half of the season. After the winter break we played 20 games.. won 3, drew 8 and lost 9. For some reason though some people give Ramirez far more stick for this than the other players from that squad that are still here.

• Like 1
Guest findlay_1903
13 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Pretty much every player in our squads form went off a cliff in the second half of the season. After the winter break we played 20 games.. won 3, drew 8 and lost 9. For some reason though some people give Ramirez far more stick for this than the other players from that squad that are still here.

It’s pure jealousy. 

18 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Probably made a rod for his own back after scoring as much as he did first half of the season 

Who that’s still in the squad this season, Who played as many minutes Ramirez did in the second half of last season is still here and looks like will be a starter that never got as much shit as he did? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Hayes, difference with him is that he looked like he gave a fuck, Ramirez didn’t, and I don’t have anything against him, just think he downed tools. Not a good trait to have when things aren’t going you’re way 

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Do you think having a player who is 'only about goals' is a bad thing like? Particularly if we now have players who can provide him with more opportunities to actually score goals.

Goodwin stated he wants his team to play with high energy - Ramirez (like several of Glass signings) doesn't really fit that profile IMO so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodwin let him move on.

Guest findlay_1903
5 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Jealous of what? 

That he’s Aberdeens no.9? Why would you be jealous of someone that you’ll never be in a position to emulate you steamer ?

LOL. Easy as pie. 

7 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Probably made a rod for his own back after scoring as much as he did first half of the season 

Who that’s still in the squad this season, Who played as many minutes Ramirez did in the second half of last season is still here and looks like will be a starter that never got as much shit as he did? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Hayes, difference with him is that he looked like he gave a fuck, Ramirez didn’t, and I don’t have anything against him, just think he downed tools. Not a good trait to have when things aren’t going you’re way 

Lewis, Hayes, McRorie, Besuijen.. yes they maybe come in for criticism but not to the extent Ramirez does.The only reason Ramirez played so many minutes in the second half of the season is that we had nobody to replace him. If Glass, Cormack, Gunn etc had done their jobs properly we'd have got another striker in last January and Ramirez could have been dropped when his form dipped. He probably needed to be dropped fot some games for his own good as well as the teams but we didn't have the option.

If he comes back this season the player he was in the first half of the season, if he gets the service that he loves to work off (which he should with the new players we have already and that we still have to come in) and if he's on penalties then he can easily score 20-30 goals this season.

13 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Goodwin stated he wants his team to play with high energy - Ramirez (like several of Glass signings) doesn't really fit that profile IMO so I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodwin let him move on.

Well we shall see, i personally think he'll be an important part of our team this season.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Do you think having a player who is 'only about goals' is a bad thing like? Particularly if we now have players who can provide him with more opportunities to actually score goals.

Not at all.

Needs to be weighed up though. Do we score more goals with or without Ramirez in the team?

If I'm playing someone who does nothing apart from hover about in the box then I'd want someone who converts far more than Ramirez has done since December. 

And even if he hits some form I don't think he should be playing against either of the scum as we're going to need 10 outfield players to work their socks off and a striker who can be used as an out ball. He showed even when he was scoring that he does neither.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Not at all.

Needs to be weighed up though. Do we score more goals with or without Ramirez in the team?

If I'm playing someone who does nothing apart from hover about in the box then I'd want someone who converts far more than Ramirez has done since December. 

And even if he hits some form I don't think he should be playing against either of the scum as we're going to need 10 outfield players to work their socks off and a striker who can be used as an out ball. He showed even when he was scoring that he does neither.

I thought he done pretty well when we have played sevco 

The Duk lad looks like a typical penalty box striker. Most of the clips on YouTube seem to be of him finding space in the box and getting on the end of things.  Seems to like a free kick as well.  Doesn't seem to be the hold up type though so seeing as Ramirez isn't very good at that either I think they'll be competing for the same job as they won't compliment each other in a pairing. 

Somebody mentioned Romario last night and Duk does seem to have a similar physicality and running style to him. 

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

Not a saviour, just an above average striker and as history suggests extremely difficult to find one like him. 

I'd argue he isn't above average. Played almost every minute of a whole season, scored 15 (not amazing) and I can only think of 1 good finish.

Every goal he has scored has been a 1 touch finish from no more than 8 yards. Yes there's a skill to being in the right place at the right time, but if that's all your game is about then the conversion needs to be better IMO (the July to November Ramirez)

3 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Not at all.

If we didn't have the Ramirez of the first half of last season there's a good chance we'd have been relegated, if he'd not gone off form second half of the season there's a good chance we'd be in Europe just now and not playing diddy league cup group games. He needs a chance this season.

Thats why we have options. Different players will suit different games and we pick a team for the occasion.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

If we didn't have the Ramirez of the first half of last season there's a good chance we'd have been relegated, if he'd not gone off form second half of the season there's a good chance we'd be in Europe just now and not playing diddy league cup group games. He needs a chance this season.

Thats why we have options. Different players will suit different games and we pick a team for the occasion.

You've missed his point though about balance. 

Is it better to have two or three players sharing 30 goals or rely on one person getting them all?

I've no issue with the main striker being relied on to get the lion's share if it also serves the team balance but he's right, these things need to be weighed up depending on the attributes of your attacking players and the style of play you want to utilise. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Lewis, Hayes, McRorie, Besuijen.. yes they maybe come in for criticism but not to the extent Ramirez does.The only reason Ramirez played so many minutes in the second half of the season is that we had nobody to replace him. If Glass, Cormack, Gunn etc had done their jobs properly we'd have got another striker in last January and Ramirez could have been dropped when his form dipped. He probably needed to be dropped fot some games for his own good as well as the teams but we didn't have the option.

If he comes back this season the player he was in the first half of the season, if he gets the service that he loves to work off (which he should with the new players we have already and that we still have to come in) and if he's on penalties then he can easily score 20-30 goals this season.

He came in for more stick than Ramirez 100% 

56 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The Duk lad looks like a typical penalty box striker. Most of the clips on YouTube seem to be of him finding space in the box and getting on the end of things.  Seems to like a free kick as well.  Doesn't seem to be the hold up type though so seeing as Ramirez isn't very good at that either I think they'll be competing for the same job as they won't compliment each other in a pairing. 

Somebody mentioned Romario last night and Duk does seem to have a similar physicality and running style to him. 

Myself, boy does he seem to have that same stature, those remembering that ambling waddle running style with power, had a shade of that in the clips, good times

Guest findlay_1903
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Darren Mackie scored 15 goals in 2004/5

Whoaaaa …

Seriously…

Cmon frankie. 
You and I both know Christian is better than the Dazzle.