Christian Ramirez

8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Congrats to everyone who has driven Ramirez out of the club with your toxic behaviour and constant abuse.

Truly a support to be proud of ??‍♂️

Probably more to do with the shite team, shite city, and total shite he’s been spun about playing in Europe.

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Congrats to everyone who has driven Ramirez out of the club with your toxic behaviour and constant abuse.

Truly a support to be proud of ??‍♂️

The reverse of my previous post. Any footballer who bases his future on message board chatter surely isn't worth keeping. 

• Upvote 1

I have to be honest Ramirez has been a bit of a let down, aye he's scored a few goals but I can't help but feel he is pretty limited and not someone who's going to improve. I'd cut our losses as think the money could come in useful.

Him and Watkins must be similar age and Watkins offers so much more. Stick with Watkins punt Ramirez. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I have to be honest Ramirez has been a bit of a let down, aye he's scored a few goals but I can't help but feel he is pretty limited and not someone who's going to improve. I'd cut our losses as think the money could come in useful.

Him and Watkins must be similar age and Watkins offers so much more than Ramirez. Stick with Watkins punt Ramirez. 

Watkins is made of quavers, I’d get rid of both

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I'd not be too fussed if he was to go. 

He's been ok and no more imo and apparently on a serious wage.

He's a bit of a social media darling to the mongs in our support and a bible basher too which we could do without. 

Yup we have fans making on he’s amazing.

That’s been my issue all along.

He’s alright, not great and on a big wage, we can do better.

42 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup we have fans making on he’s amazing.

That’s been my issue all along.

He’s alright, not great and on a big wage, we can do better.

He's scored twice in our last 15 league games,  failed to score in 23 of our 32 league games. Pretty fucking poor if you ask me. 

The whole team is rotten so he deserves as much stick as any of the rest imo.  

12 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Him and Watkins must be similar age and Watkins offers so much more. Stick with Watkins punt Ramirez. 

Agree somewhat about his limitations but he's scored a heap of goals. If you lookat Rooney he had many flaws but still banged them in, granted he had peak hayes/mcginn supplying him.

Issue is ramirez has had bugger all support and been ran into the ground as he's started almost every game has he not?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You keep saying this but it's not true. It's a false narrative you've constructed all by yourself  

Who's "making on he's amazing"? 

Go on twitter. It’s everywhere. It’s not false, I could link you heaps of tweets if you really want? You’re completely wrong there.

10 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

He's scored twice in our last 15 league games,  failed to score in 23 of our 32 league games. Pretty fucking poor if you ask me. 

Yup, that’s my point. I keep getting told he’s got a good record but I don’t see it. I’d excuse his goal scoring record if he contributed something else but he doesn’t.

38 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yup, that’s my point. I keep getting told he’s got a good record but I don’t see it. I’d excuse his goal scoring record if he contributed something else but he doesn’t.

What did Rooney contribute other than goals? Ramirez is in a worse team and has only scored slightly less...

10 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

That doesn’t make for great reading. 

Not on a (by our standards) huge salary.

If he does go, as I suspect he will, we’ll be clearing some hefty salaries off the wage bill 

The main four being Brown, Ramirez, Ojo & McGeouch. 
About £1m per year at a guess.

Plenty scope to make changes (& that doesn’t include what will surely be the sale of Lewis Ferguson).

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That doesn’t make for great reading. 

Not on a (by our standards) huge salary.

If he does go, as I suspect he will, we’ll be clearing some hefty salaries off the wage bill 

The main four being Brown, Ramirez, Ojo & McGeouch. 
About £1m per year at a guess.

Plenty scope to make changes (& that doesn’t include what will surely be the sale of Lewis Ferguson).

Enough scope to make the changes we require though? 

Assuming Ferguson and Ramirez leave. We need 

1x first choice goalkeeper (whilst still having thr presumably high paid lewis on the books) 

2x centre backs

1x left back

2x centre mid

2x wingers

2x strikers

Thats a huge turnover, which presumably cant be acheived in one transfer window (thanks a bunch Cormack and Glass). 

46 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Go on twitter. It’s everywhere. It’s not false, I could link you heaps of tweets if you really want? You’re completely wrong there.

I'm on Twitter. Maybe you just follow too many idiots on there? You should refine whose content you're viewing. 

It's bizarre that you seem to care so much about what some people on Twitter think about CR9, that you have to come on here after every game and go on about it. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm on Twitter. Maybe you just follow too many idiots on there? You should refine whose content you're viewing. 

It's bizarre that you seem to care so much about what some people on Twitter think about CR9, that you have to come on here after every game and go on about it. 

Do you have twitter? These are not people I follow. I follow Aberdeen so you see these things whether you like it or not.

Thats not why I post on here about him. I give my opinion on the games and I (and a growing number it seem) don’t think he’s as good as you and others do. It’s an opinion on a football forum ffs. 

I said I hate him during a game when he was doing my head in. Big deal. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree with this. If Ramirez was playing alongside peak McGinn & Hayes, with them putting in loads of crosses most games, he’d have scored as many as Rooney (taking away Rooney’s penalties). 

He’s not though. If Vicente and Watkins were playing with a striker who offered more in general play they’d have more goals. Works two ways. A striker isn’t just someone who is there to stick it in the net at the end. At our level we can’t afford to carry someone who offers nothing else.

5 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I wonder if Sam Cosgrove could offer any insight into how a striker might seek to get and keep fans onside?

Think dammit

Sam Cosgrove is a case in point. Prior to getting his first goal and going on scoring run his link up play was excellent. 

Then the goals dried up, but the link up play had disappeared. Its as if the goals made him think he was the man and he didn’t have to bother with the link up play anymore. 

Problem is, if the goals dont come, what are you left with?