Christian Ramirez

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Played 6 games less and offers a million times more than Ramirez to the team outwith goals.

Undoubtedly but Ramirez offers more than Anderson and has scored pretty much the same number of goals as him, despite being in a team that's not playing at all to his strengths. 

You just want to pick and choose arguments that suits you slagging off Ramirez. No idea why you appear to want to take such an extreme view but each to their own, I guess. 

He's a good striker at our level but, like a great number of players, if we don't play to his strengths we'll get little from him. I think he showed in the first half of the season what he can give us. 

I agree though that there's no point spending a big wage on a player and then not playing to his strengths. It appears he'll be away in the summer though, so at least we have the opportunity to redistribute that wage in a way that better helps the team as a whole. 

If the recruitment had been more balanced over the past 12 months we'd have signed another option that'd allow us to drop him when he's not playing well or when we want to play a way that doesn't suit his game. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Undoubtedly but Ramirez offers more than Anderson and has scored pretty much the same number of goals as him, despite being in a team that's not playing at all to his strengths. 

You just want to pick and choose arguments that suits you slagging off Ramirez. No idea why you appear to want to take such an extreme view but each to their own, I guess. 

He's a good striker at our level but, like a great number of players, if we don't play to his strengths we'll get little from him. I think he showed in the first half of the season what he can give us. 

I agree though that there's no point spending a big wage on a player and then not playing to his strengths. It appears he'll be away in the summer though, so at least we have the opportunity to redistribute that wage in a way that better helps the team as a whole. 

If the recruitment had been more balanced over the past 12 months we'd have signed another option that'd allow us to drop him when he's not playing well or when we want to play a way that doesn't suit his game. 

Not sure what evidence there is that he’s a better player than Anderson but hey ho.

Keep pretending I have some weird agenda. I just don’t think he’s good, I’m allowed to think a player isn’t good enough for us.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure what evidence there is that he’s a better player than Anderson but hey ho.

Keep pretending I have some weird agenda. I just don’t think he’s good, I’m allowed to think a player isn’t good enough for us.

I think Anderson would have worked well alongside Ramirez. It seems obvious Ramirez needs a partner - he is slow and comes to deep at times which then means he's not where he needs to be in the box. Anderson being younger and more mobile could have done a lot of the running, and probably linked well with him. 

I do think we need a more mobile main striker next season, and probably a couple of others who can play alongside him or provide some competition / respite for him. Ramirez is about as slow as Stevie May - and to be fair has run himself into the ground for most of the season with limited effectiveness, very similar to Stevie May for most of his time with us.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Would they? What in their career history tells you that Watkins and Vicente would have more goals? 

Watkins has never scored more than 13 in a season and is always injured. He's a bloody good player when fit but he's not got a history of goal scoring. 

What in Ramirez' career tells you he is capable of scoring more than he has?

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What in Ramirez' career tells you he is capable of scoring more than he has?

He has potential due to his finishing ability that he has showed at times so far.

Some good coaching and a bit more determination and commitment coupled with the team providing more chances and of course he would score more.

5 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

He has potential due to his finishing ability that he has showed at times so far.

Some good coaching and a bit more determination and commitment coupled with the team providing more chances and of course he would score more.

He is 30

Surely he has reached the playing-level he ever is going to reach

He also hasn't scored in the last 15 league games, so what finishing ability are you referring to?

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is 30

Surely he has reached the playing-level he ever is going to reach

He also hasn't scored in the last 15 league games, so what finishing ability are you referring to?

How many chances has he missed in those games that were poor finishes? 

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How would you set up this group of players to get the best out of him? 

That's a good question, I'd prefer to have Watkins alongside Ramirez so we could then put Besuijen on the left, I'd also play Ramsay on the right with McCrorie at rightback but that's not happening under Goodwin unless there's injuries.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's a good question, I'd prefer to have Watkins alongside Ramirez so we could then put Besuijen on the left, I'd also play Ramsay on the right with McCrorie at rightback but that's not happening under Goodwin unless there's injuries.

So a 442? 

I agree he'd probably be best in an old fashioned 442 but it's a pretty uncommon system these days due to teams wanting to have control of the midfield. 

I'm also on board with trying Ramsay at right wing, the boy comes alive when he gets the ball high up the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So a 442? 

I agree he'd probably be best in an old fashioned 442 but it's a pretty uncommon system these days due to teams wanting to have control of the midfield. 

I'm also on board with trying Ramsay at right wing, the boy comes alive when he gets the ball high up the pitch. 

It would be, other thing I'd maybe try is a 3-5-2 but we've seen how poor we can be when we've tried it previously, from the footage of Besuijen of his time at Den Haag I feel he'd be better with a free role where he can just pop up here and there but that's unlikely for us.

I just don’t get some Aberdeen fans. Our top scorer gets peters from certain poster; arguably our finest prospect (Ramsay) consistently gets pelters from a certain poster; Ferguson, although not as good as previous seasons, is our second top scorer and gets pelters. Beyond these 3, apart from Barron and McRorie,, there’s not exactly a lot to shout about and virtually every other players deserve so much more stick then these 3.

11 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

I just don’t get some Aberdeen fans. Our top scorer gets peters from certain poster; arguably our finest prospect (Ramsay) consistently gets pelters from a certain poster; Ferguson, although not as good as previous seasons, is our second top scorer and gets pelters. Beyond these 3, apart from Barron and McRorie,, there’s not exactly a lot to shout about and virtually every other players deserve so much more stick then these 3.

Sorry, that was just a noise 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

I'd probably go with all of the above too as I think it gets our best 11 players on the park as things stand with the squad. The only negative I can see is Besoujin is actually very good at putting the ball into the box from the right - no idea how good he is with his left foot, and I'm not a big fan of players constantly having to cut back on themselves to cross with their favoured foot. If we miss out on top 6 we may as well use the rest of the season to experiment a bit though (as long as St Johnston stop picking up points!)

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I’m actually dreading what strikers we bring in in summer. 
Usual ‘missed targets’ ‘didn’t want to be here’ blah blah

Why doesn’t the club just admit we are cheap cunts & also shite at bartering 

Goodwin seems like he wants to raid St Mirren for players.... so Curtis Main coming back as our number 1 striker? ?