Aberdeen 2 - 1 Breidablik (5 - 3)

1 minute ago, paddy said:

Yasssss.

Entertaining 2nd half.

Any chance of a new striker for the playoff?

CH (a decent one) is far far more important for now. We’re getting goals & creating a plenty but the defence is pretty weak & one game with the attacking side not clicking/covering for us will bite us.

Shipped 7 in 6 now. Clearly needs fixing

2 minutes ago, wicker83 said:

It's a dilemma - we need a better centre-back to get through the play-offs. But if we get through, we should be able to attract an even better centre-back...

We need one for rest of season. I’d much prefer we had this as main focus & where we are willing to spunk most of budget on. 
Rest can be on loans, or gambles.

Yes is boring but it is clearly our weakest area. We haven’t got ONE decent solid CH & when we are relying on average ones to consistently have great games above their average we are fkd.

Full focus & funds on CH please

4 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Brown motm for me, what a difference he makes. Always available, can take the ball in difficult areas, isn't a pussy, in the ref's ear, looks after his team mates. 

Absolutely strolled it. If im being honest I didn't appreciate how good technically he is. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We need one for rest of season. I’d much prefer we had this as main focus & where we are willing to spunk most of budget on. 
Rest can be on loans, or gambles.

Yes is boring but it is clearly our weakest area. We haven’t got ONE decent solid CH & when we are relying on average ones to consistently have great games above their average we are fkd.

Full focus & funds on CH please

Give it a rest min.

Give the defence a chance as well. They’ve only played a few games together.

• Upvote 2

Much as I expected. They were pretty cute going forward if you let them.

McGeouch in to start was the right shout to slow things down and keep the ball. HT subs worked in the end but I wonder about Gallagher being subbed, he's looked far and away the most solid to me this season - I thought central defence looked suspect again 2nd half tonight 

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Give it a rest min.

Give the defence a chance as well. They’ve only played a few games together.

If you can’t see how poor & mismatched they are & are willing to stand by them for rest of season then that is your viewpoint/choice but it isn’t mine.

I am delighted with rest of our team in that we are creating & scoring (even though could be finishing more) but our defence is an obvious concern to me no matter what excuses you want to give them. They’re experienced defenders Gallagher/Considine but they aren’t good enough for me & McRorrie isn’t even close.

I don’t need to give it a rest just cos you don’t like it. 

Would you happily see out this season with our current defensive options? Honestly 

2 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I was thinking the same, the boy Gallagher has only just started playing, he's a decent player, he will grow into the role, give him a chance.
But I agree we need another.

It might well happen now that St J are out of Europe, however if we were to sign one of their centre backs he'd be ineligible for Europe. 

So all things considered, I think we need to prioritise getting a striker onboard before we face Qarabag. If Ramirez were to pick up an injury we'd be snookered

5 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

I was thinking the same, the boy Gallagher has only just started playing, he's a decent player, he will grow into the role, give him a chance.
But I agree we need another.

Didn’t realise he was so young & inexperienced ?

pair of you are making excuses that just do not cut it.

Even if yous had full faith in Gallagher. That doesn’t cut it for McRorrie/Considine also.

Are we relying on Devlin to help?

NO. WE CLEARLY NEED ANOTHER CH. it’s blatant 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

It might well happen now that St J are out of Europe, however if we were to sign one of their centre backs he'd be ineligible for Europe. 

So all things considered, I think we need to prioritise getting a striker onboard before we face Qarabag. If Ramirez were to pick up an injury we'd be snookered

St Johnstone aren't out of Europe, they have dropped down to the Conference play-off round

Ojo was superb, all over the pitch. Really pleased for the guy, great sub by glass too. He doesn’t seem afraid to ring the changes anyway.

Felt sorry for Ramirez, was on a hiding to nothing that first half as he had zero service and very little support. Good take for the goal though. 

Brown excellent as well I thought, a real winner. A proper captain. 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If you can’t see how poor & mismatched they are & are willing to stand by them for rest of season then that is your viewpoint/choice but it isn’t mine.

I am delighted with rest of our team in that we are creating & scoring (even though could be finishing more) but our defence is an obvious concern to me no matter what excuses you want to give them. They’re experienced defenders Gallagher/Considine but they aren’t good enough for me & McRorrie isn’t even close.

Would you happily see out this season with our current defensive options? Honestly 

We are going to concede goals when you are trying to play on the front foot and give licence to the fullbacks to get forward. Thought Gallagher did very little wrong, McCrorie had some very important interceptions and I cant even remember what Considine did but we are going to be vulnerable to counter regardless of who we bring in. Having said that id happily take a first choice CB and a young striking prospect with pace. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No, I would agree we need another CH, but I disagree to an extent that what we have isn't up to the job, especially given our results.
You need to give them time, plus we are winning games.

We are very close to having a really strong team/squad. Fkn fantastic that Ramsay/MacKenzie have taken away any need for signing any FB’s but central defence is crucial for any team & ours is questionable at best (at very best) & that is clear to see. 

Hope we don’t ruin what can be a really fkn good season by not fixing such a basic/crucial weakness ?

Even the best teams have proven that if your defence is questionable you will really struggle. 

2 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

What a terrific night.. professional performance all around. 

Again.. second half improvement is so impressive. 

icelanders not a bad side. 

Breidablik  were a good team, tried to play proper football on the deck ( with long balls when needed), if they had a decent striker we might have been in more trouble.

1 minute ago, beef_sister said:

Outstanding footballer who knows how to read a game.... Best signing we'll make for a long time

Yeah, I’m a total convert now. The guy is different class. Most impressed with the level of fitness he has, his reading of the game means he doesn’t have to knock his pan in but he can still keep at it for 90 minutes.

• Upvote 2