Jack Mackenzie

5 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Why is he still getting a game? Cost us in Hacken and cost us last night, he's miles off being good enough, very strange situation.

Not convinced he would still be at the club if he was right footed. Left-sided defenders are somewhat of a commodity and it's probably what has protected his Aberdeen career so far. 

Outwith the penalty, he wasn't bad last night but the thing that frustrates me is he's made those mistakes before - including this season. It's unfortunate but he's a liability. Simply not good enough. 

I think the fact he’s one of the few Scottish/home grown players is the main reason he’s at the club. Ability/potential is further down the list of reasons.

The dreaded LB curse is still with us sadly.

Can Dadia play LB as well? Does Dadia even exist or is he just a name they’ve forgotten to remove from the subs list? 

The Kiwi boy seemed decent in attack in spells sometimes, better than MacKenzie at least but not sure on either defensively 

I’m still holding out hope for him… but like everyone else, I groan when I see him name on the team.

I remember the groans at Pittodrie when a young right back called Russell Anderson started breaking through. Probably too much to hope for an Anderson-esque turnaround… however, I’m confident the lad isn’t (and won’t be) a left back at this level. Showed more promise at LCB when I’ve seen him there… and looked more comfortable (probably should say ‘less uncomfortable’!).

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I’m still holding out hope for him… but like everyone else, I groan when I see him name on the team.

I remember the groans at Pittodrie when a young right back called Russell Anderson started breaking through. Probably too much to hope for an Anderson-esque turnaround… however, I’m confident the lad isn’t (and won’t be) a left back at this level. Showed more promise at LCB when I’ve seen him there… and looked more comfortable (probably should say ‘less uncomfortable’!).

I actually think he's better at left-back but that's in a four and not as a wing-back.

I vaguely remember Consi saying MacKenzie was one of the best one-v-one defenders at the club a few years back and I think he was alluding to the fact that he's decent at standing up and winning the ball out wide when a winger is running at him.

What I think is a proper weakness of his is when the ball's played in behind and he has no idea where it is so inevitably gets caught wrong side and pulls the player down. I'd be interested to see how many penalties he's given away during his time with us because I can recall three without even really thinking about it.

4 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I actually think he's better at left-back but that's in a four and not as a wing-back.

I vaguely remember Consi saying MacKenzie was one of the best one-v-one defenders at the club a few years back and I think he was alluding to the fact that he's decent at standing up and winning the ball out wide when a winger is running at him.

What I think is a proper weakness of his is when the ball's played in behind and he has no idea where it is so inevitably gets caught wrong side and pulls the player down. I'd be interested to see how many penalties he's given away during his time with us because I can recall three without even really thinking about it.

He’s clearly not good enough.

Should not be a first team starter 

5 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

He actually reminds me of Considene when a winger is running at him.

Great chance of a foul or pen.

7 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I’m still holding out hope for him….but like everyone else, I groan when I see him name on the team.

On the basis of what?

He’s 23 now & played over 50 first team matches, yet still looks uncomfortable & error prone.

5 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Lol

Did he look "decent" at that against Hacken, or anyone else for that matter?

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol

Did he look "decent" at that against Hacken, or anyone else for that matter?

Ehm no? But I've already said he's not good enough in this thread so I'm not sure how else you expected me to answer this one.

What I'm saying is if he's on our books and is going to be used by Robson I'd rather it was at LB in a four (albeit sparingly).