Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

5 hours ago, Dunty said:

We can't build more parking space, not allowed because it's part of the planning permission that you can't encourage more people to use cars than currently go to Pittodrie.

Oh I see thanks.

Although they only had something like  around 1300 car spaces on the original Kingsford layout.

by the time its built there will be a much  larger percentage of electric vehicles , maybe they can adjust their permissions , in line with emissions , to something sensible.

yes , incompetence all round , not least from the club

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’d question the maths that gave you 28k standing or half that for seats.  Unless Dortmunds standing regulations are a hell of a lot laxer than ours.

I wasn't being precise  -   it is actually 64% for them

I think it varies by club according to the structure of the barrier & steepness of the particular stand   &  on top of that by how conservative the regulator are in their restriction limit.

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’d question the maths that gave you 28k standing or half that for seats.  Unless Dortmunds standing regulations are a hell of a lot laxer than ours.

In Germany it's usually 2 people per rail seat (as opposed to the one person per seat in Scotland).

So a 16,000 capacity stadium with 4000 rail seats could actually be an 20,000 capacity stadium. I think Dortmund is 61,000 seated and 83,000 when standing allowed.

7 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Lib Dems, Labour and Tories have all been in power in the north-east in some capacity (council/MSP/MP) and they've done what for the stadium?

How far you want to go back?

Don't get me wrong, I think they're all shit to varying degrees .

The beach redevelopment is a fairly new concept and Malik is the only one who seems remotely interested in having the stadium there. 

The SNP/Libs are the only ones who can do anything to make it happen just now and they're not which can be added to the list of stuff they've (SNP) done to shit on Aberdeen/NE hence my initial point. 

11 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The beach redevelopment is a fairly new concept and Malik is the only one who seems remotely interested in having the stadium there. 

The SNP/Libs are the only ones who can do anything to make it happen just now and they're not which can be added to the list of stuff they've (SNP) done to shit on Aberdeen/NE hence my initial point. 

The stadium isn't a new concept though and Labour are more to blame than anyone for what's gone on.

The main sticking point now is the Lib Dem's refusal to give the club any money towards the stadium.

So odd that you'd claim it's all the SNP's fault and we should vote for the other parties that have done worse.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I’d like us to tell them we are going to press ahead with moving out city if they dick about much longer. We need to be putting serious pressure on them. Our council are a complete joke, look at the progress places like Dundee have made in last 10-15 years while we have stood still as a city or even went backwards. We are about 30 years into this “new stadium” debacle that the council have dragged their heels the entire time. The club have already said we are 5 years away anyway. Could be looking at 150m to build by that time the way things have went. I was certain this would happen but the longer it goes on the less likely it gets.  

44 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The Tories have found billions to waste on stuff like hs2 and covid fraud.Labour found billions to waste on the Iraq war.But sure lets blame the snp who have no overall control of where those billions are wasted..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

The Tories have found billions to waste on stuff like hs2 and covid fraud.Labour found billions to waste on the Iraq war.But sure lets blame the snp who have no overall control of where those billions are wasted..

To be fair - the SNP are also pretty decent at wasting money.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Wasted vast amounts of the Scottish money on the ferries fiasco.
Desperation by the SNP to revive the weegie shipbuilding scene that was never feasible. Yet they’d want nothing more than run down our industry up here.

Ha the Tories wasted millions on a ferry company that didnt even run ferries.But just go ahead and ignore stuff like hs2 .billions.

But just focus on the snp..thats what most of the media does because they are mostly controlled by the Tories.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d like us to tell them we are going to press ahead with moving out city if they dick about much longer. We need to be putting serious pressure on them. Our council are a complete joke, look at the progress places like Dundee have made in last 10-15 years while we have stood still as a city or even went backwards. We are about 30 years into this “new stadium” debacle that the council have dragged their heels the entire time. The club have already said we are 5 years away anyway. Could be looking at 150m to build by that time the way things have went. I was certain this would happen but the longer it goes on the less likely it gets.  

I think if the club had the money in place to get going with the project then we may well have given the council some sort of deadline. We certainly didn't go to the bother of getting planning permission to build at Kingsford with the intention not to build it. The council know the club doesn't have the money available to start building anywhere else anytime soon, just like they don't have the money available to get going with their beachfront regeneration pie in the sky plans. There's no rush on either end to get anything agreed really. 

The fact the council originally gave the club planning permission to build at Kingsford tells you everything you need to know about how willing they really are to keep the club in the city centre. You'd think given the state the city centre is in at the moment they'd be desperate for some sort of large scale project to try and regain some footfall, but apparently not.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Wasted vast amounts of the Scottish money on the ferries fiasco.
Desperation by the SNP to revive the weegie shipbuilding scene that was never feasible. Yet they’d want nothing more than run down our industry up here.

The Calmac ferries have suffered from underinvestment from the day that they were effectively nationalised. 

Labour in Scotland did absolutely fuck all about it aside from pass the buck to the SNP.

Nobody gave a flying fuck about ferries to Mull or Lewis breaking down until Covid times, when they suddenly became jam packed with Chelsea tractors from the middle class yuppies deciding to staycation. 

If the SNP had invested 10s of millions in the ferries before 2020, you can absolutely guarantee there would have been uproar from the Yoon parties and their wee media lapdogs, accusing the SNP of not investing in the central belt and pandering to teuchters. 

• Upvote 1