Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

8 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Other than the fact a lot of supporters don’t want the stadium to be in some farm outside westhill.

We're running out of places within the city to build and we won't be staying at Pittodrie so we soon won't have much choice where the stadium ends up being (Kingsford). True fans won't have an issue travelling a few miles to see their team though.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

True fans won't have an issue travelling a few miles to see their team though.

I don’t have an issue with it, infact Kingsford is much closer to me than Pittodrie is given I live in Westhill.

Im sure this conversation has been done to death a million times on this thread but I, and many others feel it’s important to keep the stadium in the city centre for reasons other then travelling.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

I don’t have an issue with it, infact Kingsford is much closer to me than Pittodrie is given I live in Westhill.

Im sure this conversation has been done to death a million times on this thread but I, and many others feel it’s important to keep the stadium in the city centre for reasons other then travelling.

Thats fair enough, in an ideal world a location near the city centre maybe would be preferable... however we won't be renovating Pittodrie (it'll cost too much and there's not enough space), there's the new beach location option but if its involving the council then it'll never happen... so what other options are there, where else do we build it?

1 hour ago, slippers said:

There isnt room to redevelop the stand, Legislation has changed so it would mean we may have to build an even smaller stand. The club have said this numerous time but because people like the idea of staying they think the club are lying. The cost is already mental, doing stand by stand would make it even more unrealistic than it already is.

Maybe regular euro groups and continuing to turnover players for big profits can push the new stadium on. But we really need to choose our site and progress it. The council are complete cunts, trying to buy votes and as soon as another party gets in they veto it and we are back to square 1. We need to play hard ball or fuck them off altogether.

By time we build it we are talking 100m minimum. 

If you’re telling the Council to fuck off, then it’s Kingsford, case closed. 

Both the Merkie and South stands have ample space behind the current stand footprints to build back the way, and therefore up the way; 2 tier jobs. And even the Mainer, you could build a steep motherfucker in there instead, like both the Edinburgh teams managed, single tiered.

I’m no Architect but even I can see the construction possibilities. However, if the finances don’t stack up to redevelopment the old girl, then so be it

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If you’re telling the Council to fuck off, then it’s Kingsford, case closed. 

Both the Merkie and South stands have ample space behind the current stand footprints to build back the way, and therefore up the way; 2 tier jobs. And even the Mainer, you could build a steep motherfucker in there instead, like both the Edinburgh teams managed, single tiered.

I’m no Architect but even I can see the construction possibilities. However, if the finances don’t stack up to redevelopment the old girl, then so be it

The financials don't stack up for a new build either so we're staying put 😎

8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Aberdeen should have a word with Donald Trump's team. He managed to get his golf course built on a "site of special scientific interest" with strident opposition at every turn. Aberdeen can't get a stadium built at the beach despite everyone being in favour of it.

Well, they could. They’d just need to pay for all of it.

The Council would wave thru any planning application, for the sake of City Centre/beachfront  footfall

50 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

And even the Mainer, you could build a steep motherfucker in there instead, like both the Edinburgh teams managed, single tiered.

This is what I meant. 

Listen,it's all gonna cost. I feel the quicker and quite possible no more expensive way noo is developing what we have. 

In time other stands. I don't have any issue with the south stand,if ye have big enough main,give that to the away if they can fill it. Leave as is. 

Ma basic point is I'd rather stay and pay than sit about fucking waiting forever. 

There's way round it,I've pointed to great work done at Anfield before. Genius. I before anyone jumps on me,I'm not suggesting the exact thing...but there's way round these things. 

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hearts new main stand ended up costing around £25 million, and that was before any increases in costs of building materials over the past few years.

Rebuilding Pittodrie stand by stand certainly wouldn't be a cheaper option than building a new stadium.

Why, one stand at a time makes complete sense. This situation was all caused by Milne wanting Pittodrie for houses . Now the land is worth sfa so it make sense to undertake a long term re-development 

7 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

It's never getting built at Kingsford. Have you seen the traffic in and out of Westhill recently? The state of the roads? The lack of surrounding businesses to cater to thousands of fans on a match day?

It 100% has to be in the city.

Again I don't think these are the right reasons to write off a new location. Roads can be improved, so will catering, pubs etc one the project is under way.

A location just being too far out of town and having no efficient transport links is the real issue.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We're running out of places within the city to build and we won't be staying at Pittodrie so we soon won't have much choice where the stadium ends up being (Kingsford). True fans won't have an issue travelling a few miles to see their team though.

That’s a really shite point to make.

The club needs as much fans as possible, dedicated or not. 

3 hours ago, sigh said:

Why?

We could redevelop the south stand, add in corporate stuff whilst doing it, and also have a budget to maintain the other stands, once complete the additional revenue would go towards the next stand etc.

Would mean a lower debt overall, reducing interest etc - may take longer, with some upheaval / hassle but at least it would be getting done.

Keep the Club in the city.

It's been covered so many times why redeveloping Pittodrie is non starter for us

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

There's way round it,I've pointed to great work done at Anfield before. Genius. I before anyone jumps on me,I'm not suggesting the exact thing...but there's way round these things. 

You don’t even need to look that far south. Look at what both Hibs and Hearts achieved with their complete (all 4 stands) rebuilds, on much more land locked sites. 
Took them both about 20/25 years to complete, no reason why we couldn’t do our 3 stands over 15 years.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

True fans want a match day experience.

34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That’s a really shite point to make.

The club needs as much fans as possible, dedicated or not. 

That's your opinion.

Mines is that its pretty much guaranteed if we'd been moving into Kingsford this summer (as i think we were originally supposed to be) that based on the buzz around the club at the moment, the buzz around a new stadium and group stage European football (hopefully) our season ticket sales and average attendance next season would smash anything we've seen in the season just past.

It would then be up to the club to put a successful team on the pitch to keep those fans coming back. 

Anyone that stopped going because they couldn't be arsed travelling a few miles out of the city really wouldn't be missed as they'd be replaced by new fans happy to watch the dons in a shiny new stadium.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That's your opinion.

Mines is that its pretty much guaranteed if we'd been moving into Kingsford this summer (as i think we were originally supposed to be) that based on the buzz around the club at the moment, the buzz around a new stadium and group stage European football (hopefully) our season ticket sales and average attendance next season would smash anything we've seen in the season just past.

It would then be up to the club to put a successful team on the pitch to keep those fans coming back. 

Anyone that stopped going because they couldn't be arsed travelling a few miles out of the city really wouldn't be missed as they'd be replaced by new fans happy to watch the dons in a shiny new stadium.

Replacing long term fans with gloryhunting cunts doesn't sound like the best strategy for a club who traditionally win very little

Just now, NEM said:

Replacing long term fans with gloryhunting cunts doesn't sound like the best strategy for a club who traditionally win very little

Long term fans won't abandon their club because they have to travel a wee bit further for home games. If they do they're not real fans and won't be missed.

2 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

The real Wimbledon fans didn’t accept it and started a new team. 

There's a bit of a difference between moving 6 miles in which many of the current support would actually find themselves closer to the proposed new stadium and moving over 60 miles and 3 counties away.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Wimbledon moved 60 miles away from their old home to a completely different city... not really the same is it?

Yes there is a difference in the distance but you claimed real fans would follow their teams decision on relocating. Wimbledon is an extreme case where the fans didn’t trust the ownership and the way the club was heading so didn’t follow them to their new location. 

Look at the SPL then; only St Mirren and St Johnstone have moved stadiums, all the rest have managed to redevelop on the original site.

Tell me again why Aberdeen cant build at Pittodrie? And not just because Stewart Milne said so. 

To knock down and rebuild as a whole would take 2 seasons, would have to groundshare for those two seasons, but apart from that, why not?

Loss of income from selling off Pittodrie to housing would be offset by not having to buy land, plus providing services, drainage and upgrade of infrastructure to serve the new stadium.

Just now, Footballs coming Rome said:

Yes there is a difference in the distance but you claimed real fans would follow their teams decision on relocating. Wimbledon is an extreme case where the fans didn’t trust the ownership and the way the club was heading so didn’t follow them to their new location. 

As i said its completely different situations, my post you replied to said 'Long term fans won't abandon their club because they have to travel a wee bit further for home games.'. Comparing us to Wimbledon's situation would be like us building a stadium in Dundee, i wasn't suggesting i'd expect 16k fans to travel from Aberdeen to Dundee every other Saturday for home games, a few miles from the city centre though really shouldn't be a problem.

2 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

It would be similar to Hibs relocating to Paisley ffs. Now there would undoubtedly be Hibs fans in Glasgow/West Coast who would find it much easier to get to but still would more than likely object as Hibs are an Edinburgh club.

Of course oldco Wimbledon's board knew that relocating to Milton Keynes would mean no competing clubs in that city...with an urban population of over 250k to draw a new support from. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Loved Groundhog Day 

Aye its fucking frustrating when every time a stadium thread pops up we have dozens of people going 'just rebuild Pittodrie', 'lets stay at Pittodrie', 'why can't we stay at Pittodrie' when its obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together that it aint fucking happening.

They're as bad as conspiracy theorists, believing the club has been lying to them for years and that there's no reason we can't stay at Pittodrie because they somehow know better than EVERYONE who has said for the past 20 years that its not viable in the long term (not just Stewart Milne).

• Haha 1