Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

27 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

If we were to do any redevelopment of stands then it’s got to be the Main stand. 

I’ve got a drawing somewhere of a previous suggestion for the main stand upgrade. Based on la bombanera main stand with enclosed bridging over Pittodrie Street to corporate and office facilities in the car park. World class.

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I’ve got a drawing somewhere of a previous suggestion for the main stand upgrade. Based on la bombanera main stand with enclosed bridging over Pittodrie Street to corporate and office facilities in the car park. World class.

Was it done with all the colours of crayons or had some gone missing/been eaten?

18 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I suspect the proximity of the semi detached houses on Pittodrie street would make it a non starter unless we optioned them subject to planning. 

On 6/2/2023 at 12:37 PM, slippers said:

There isnt room to redevelop the stand, Legislation has changed so it would mean we may have to build an even smaller stand. The club have said this numerous time but because people like the idea of staying they think the club are lying.

The club have misled the fans and waffled a combination of bullshit and pie in the sky shite all through the last 25 years of clusterfuck planning.

It's fairly obvious that because of the above, it's easy to be skeptical about anything they waffle on the subject.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:51 PM, NEM said:

The financials don't stack up for a new build either so we're staying put 😎

Yeah. For 25 years they've not been stacking up.

If they had, the thing would have been built fucking ages ago.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:36 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Stands on wheels. 

It's the future. 

Absolutely.

I just did the same with my roof terrace bar.

From a fixed 3.5m long Tiki bar, taken apart, original frame kept/strengthened, sanded, pinted, big castors on.

Free to roll aboot for cleaning and will slot nicely alongside beer fridge and in front of existing location upright canopy  which accommodates malt shelf, optics and other such bar shite.

Can park it undercover for "winter".

New 3200 x 900 granite black galaxy bar top arriving tomorrow.

Caker.

Finger oot AFC.

• 2 months later...

As suspected, here's the official beginning of the downgrading of the beach masterplan. We've gone from ziplining into a rebuilt leisure centre adjoining the new Pittodrie where we could go swimming with sharks....to a kids playpark with some paths and a couple handful of extra parking spaces in what is just an empty field.

Aberdeen beach revamp: New images as plans officially lodged (pressandjournal.co.uk) (someone can be clever and make it free to view)

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

As suspected, here's the official beginning of the downgrading of the beach masterplan. We've gone from ziplining into a rebuilt leisure centre adjoining the new Pittodrie where we could go swimming with sharks....to a kids playpark with some paths and a couple handful of extra parking spaces in what is just an empty field.

Aberdeen beach revamp: New images as plans officially lodged (pressandjournal.co.uk) (someone can be clever and make it free to view)

That zip line was a genius idea, whoever came up with that should have been sanctioned. It must have been one of those meetings when someone suggests something and  everyone just looks at them with a bemused look thinking what the  fuck are you talking about.

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

So zero mention of any new stadium for the Dons?

Cue Cormack recommencing operation Kingsford, before the planning permission runs out

I don’t want the club in any sort of partnership with ACC anyway, local councils are fucking useless self serving arseholes anyway. The beachfront plan was crap, we should distance ourselves from it pronto.

All we really need from the council is planning permission and help to unlock suitable land within the city for development.

Thats it, it’s not that hard really but they won’t even do that for the club. Shameful.

• Upvote 1

If we are destined to move to Kingsford the best we can do is try acquiring more land around the ground for enough parking places. There is plenty farm land there  ... at the moment.

The hope is by the time we start rebuild the regulations will allow for proper standing terrace , like we see in Frankfurt and other clubs in Germany.

Common sense should prevail , electronic ticketing will prevent overcrowding these days . that and  newer stronger building material / proper maintenance should never allow for another Hillsborough.

Something for afc to focus on , in making the change happen , I should think.

there are plenty disused areas of the industrial sites , but that's moving farther away from centre .  we might as well opt for Kingsford where we already have land. would be my choice if we do move

I read Dortmund have 28K proper standing , which would have been reduced to half that. if they put in seats.

meaning we could get by with a physically smaller size ground , with higher capacity ( for the staying put crowd)

maybe the new CEO can get things moving

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Rubin said:

If we are destined to move to Kingsford the best we can do is try acquiring more land around the ground for enough parking places. There is plenty farm land there  ... at the moment.

We can't build more parking space, not allowed because it's part of the planning permission that you can't encourage more people to use cars than currently go to Pittodrie.

It was why Aberdeen came up with the shuttle bus shite. Because that's the city council summed up - don't use your car, but don't expect us to provide a decent public transport either.

2 hours ago, Rubin said:

The hope is by the time we start rebuild the regulations will allow for proper standing terrace , like we see in Frankfurt and other clubs in Germany.

That's clearly what the club are hoping for because they can't afford to build a 20,000 capacity all-seated stadium.

16,000 with standing which increases it to 20,000 would be much more affordable.

3 hours ago, Rubin said:

Common sense should prevail , electronic ticketing will prevent overcrowding these days . that and  newer stronger building material / proper maintenance should never allow for another Hillsborough.

there are plenty disused areas of the industrial sites , but that's moving farther away from centre .  we might as well opt for Kingsford where we already have land. would be my choice if we do move

I read Dortmund have 28K proper standing , which would have been reduced to half that. if they put in seats.

meaning we could get by with a physically smaller size ground , with higher capacity ( for the staying put crowd)

The lack of cooperation from the local corporation is a fucking disgrace but what do you expect from that shower of shit? More interested in their buttery allocation than trying to help out their local fitba team.

Looking at Frankfurt’s stadium and its location way outside the city boundary, but their council had the foresight to put great transportation links in place.

Maybe our Cooncil could put a zipwire out to Kingsford; joint kiddie attraction/transportation system.

How about the TECCA site? Must be loads of spare land out there, plus semi decent transport links.

23 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’ll all be deid by the time we have a new stadium.

The whole thing actually bores the fuck out of me now. 

Any time the club goes through a rough patch the club has someone draw a picture of a stadium and announces that 'Plans are in motion'.

Ignore the shite on the pitch and the ineptitude of the board... check the fuck out of this shiny, shiny stadium we've got planned... amazing, right?

And then 40 years later they still haven't cemented two fucking bricks together.

• Upvote 2
23 hours ago, Helmet said:

I don’t want the club in any sort of partnership with ACC anyway, local councils are fucking useless self serving arseholes anyway. The beachfront plan was crap, we should distance ourselves from it pronto.

All we really need from the council is planning permission and help to unlock suitable land within the city for development.

Thats it, it’s not that hard really but they won’t even do that for the club. Shameful.

Stick a few grand in a brown envelope... has to be brown for anonymity... and hand it to the right cunts at ACC.

Boom... build a fucking supermosque  if you want, AFC.

Alhamduliliah!

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Any time the club goes through a rough patch the club has someone draw a picture of a stadium and announces that 'Plans are in motion'.

Ignore the shite on the pitch and the ineptitude of the board... check the fuck out of this shiny, shiny stadium we've got planned... amazing, right?

And then 40 years later they still haven't cemented two fucking bricks together.

What else did you expect from Aberdeen city council.  Just look at what they have done to union terrace gardens a disaster.  Union street looks  like a street in mourning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1
On 9/8/2023 at 12:48 PM, Andy_123 said:

I like the amphitheater idea

7 hours ago, Rubin said:

Don’t think land was the issue for parking. The limit was part of the  planning permission.

• Upvote 1