David Bates

Just now, Roberto said:

I'm willing to give the 2nd chance to the cunt. There is no harm in having him as a back up.

I doubt he will play much, but as a back up we have done a lot worse over the years.

There are far more important pegs required to fill in the squad. Bates replacement can wait until January transfer window IMO.

I suppose it depends on what sort of wage he is on and if we can sign a better back up if we somehow manage to sell him for a fee. I’m not against him playing as back up but the thought of someone getting a serious injury and Bates playing the whole season genuinely depresses me.

4 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

The fact his heed and neck are 20 degrees offset from his upper body doesn’t help him i think.

Haha I know what is it with him

He always looks in pain and not well at all

Looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders

Maybe that explains the 20 degree angle 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The constant shirt pulling and putting hands all over players is what annoys me the most about Bates. Completely unnecessary and a liability.

Dinna forget he played for the huns where you can almost get away with assault when playing for them, so it’s ingrained in him that he won’t get pulled up for it.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Roberto said:

I don't think Bates is as bad as some make out like.

Very hit or miss, can sometimes do something brilliant (at Dens he dribbled past about two guys whilst bringing the ball out) then do something utterly stupid (same game he gifted them possesion).

Personally dont think he'll work here as his confidence must be shot after last season (granted he was part of the problem)