Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

28 minutes ago, NEM said:

They are implementing spot checks but won’t be enforcing it on Sunday just advising anyone who fails to show their papers that they will be turned away from the next home game (Hibs on the 23rd I think)

Easy enough to get a verification of your status

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

We might be surprised here

Might be a case this "style" works against the better teams!

As long as we don't sit back and give them the freedom of Pittodrie.  Then they'll quickly get their confidence back after what looks like a thumping at home tonight. 

Even Dundee United pressed them high and rode their luck but actually got something out of it. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As long as we don't sit back and give them the freedom of Pittodrie.  Then they'll quickly get their confidence back after what looks like a thumping at home tonight. 

Even Dundee United pressed them high and rode their luck but actually got something out of it. 

As much as they’re ropey at the back, what concerns me is that they’ve created about six good chances against the team 2nd in the Bundesliga.

Can only imagine what they could do to our lot. 
We cough up chances far too easily against all the shite in our league let alone a team with loads of pace & clever movement up front. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As much as they’re ropey at the back, what concerns me is that they’ve created about six good chances against the team 2nd in the Bundesliga.

We cough up chances far too easily against all the shite in our league let alone a team with loads of pace & clever movement up front. 

We've got to have a go though. Their away form is abysmal and their domestic form this season isn't much better than ours. 

Sitting back and accepting the inevitable isn't an option for me. Better equipped Aberdeen sides have tried that and still been beaten 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d say the problem isn’t that the opposition doesn’t make chances easily it’s that pretty much every chance a team does make right now ends up in the back of the net 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The penny has even dropped for Pat Bonner 

"This is too good a team to give up three goals. Celtic may get a goal, but getting a result is not going to happen"

Pat Bonner comes across as a decent enough bloke, but by fuck, he’s a shockingly bad pundit.

Clueless, stuck in the dark ages, gets players names wrong constantly (used to call Edouard “”Edward”), and is a myopic biased Tim.

25 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d say the problem isn’t that the opposition doesn’t make chances easily it’s that pretty much every chance a team does make right now ends up in the back of the net 

Aye, there was a couple of games where the opposition had 1 shot on target each, and they got a draw & a win.

Might’ve been Ross County & St Johnstone? 

But we do gift up chances & goals every game it feels like. 

46 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, there was a couple of games where the opposition had 1 shot on target each, and they got a draw & a win.

Might’ve been Ross County & St Johnstone? 

But we do gift up chances & goals every game it feels like. 

Motherwell had 2 shots on target scored 2, st Johnstone had one shot scored one, Ross county didn’t have many scored one and the game on Sunday I’m not sure st mirren had more chances than what they scored. The other teams just seem to be scoring with every chance they get 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Celtic hit the bar 3 times and should have scored 5 or 6. 

I think Sunday will be wide open and we are seriously at risk of getting hammered if celtic start taking their chances.