Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

19 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think he gets a bit of credit for bringing through youngsters and doing fairly well at Hamilton (by their standards), and having some managerial experience at a reasonable level down south. I think that's why folk find him a bit more appealing than some of the other names that get banded about. He's certainly done more as a manager than our current manager.

That wouldn’t be difficult. A manager with a win ratio of 30% would be better than our manager. 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Alex Neil on the wireless tonight, will be interesting to hear his comments on his immediate career aspirations.

Apparently said he’d be interested in a “top 6 Scottish club”.

He has been a bit more noticeable on the radio & TV up here lately. 

24 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think he gets a bit of credit for bringing through youngsters and doing fairly well at Hamilton (by their standards), and having some managerial experience at a reasonable level down south. I think that's why folk find him a bit more appealing than some of the other names that get banded about. He's certainly done more as a manager than our current manager.

I agree he has done more than our manager but remember he is a complete novice. Billy Reid done the hard work at Hamilton and produced a decent enough team with a few great young talents. Alex Neil doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. If Cormack did punt Glass, I think it will need to be a lot more of an exciting manager to get the fans to buy into it. He couldn’t afford to lose face another time with a poor appointment. 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Done little?

You’re a fucking ignoramus.

He got Hamilton Accies promoted.

He got Norwich promoted to the EPL

Do us all a favour & STFU 

Sacked by Norwich after getting relegated in the first season of the EPL and sacked by Preston North End during a disastrous season. Go Alex Neil. 

11 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Sacked by Norwich after getting relegated in the first season of the EPL and sacked by Preston North End during a disastrous season. Go Alex Neil. 

You’re a fucking imbecile.

If you think getting Hamilton promoted is easy & Norwich promoted is easy, you really are a bigger fucking spastic than I first thought.

Keeping Norwich in the EPL is virtually impossible given what they spend relative to the others. 

Blocked.

Cunt 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re a fucking imbecile.

If you think getting Hamilton promoted is easy & Norwich promoted is easy, you really are a bigger fucking spastic than I first thought.

Keeping Norwich in the EPL is virtually impossible given what they spend relative to the others. 

Blocked.

Cunt 

What about Preston North End?….you forgot about them. 

55 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I agree he has done more than our manager but remember he is a complete novice. Billy Reid done the hard work at Hamilton and produced a decent enough team with a few great young talents. Alex Neil doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. If Cormack did punt Glass, I think it will need to be a lot more of an exciting manager to get the fans to buy into it. He couldn’t afford to lose face another time with a poor appointment. 

Yeah, Alex Neil wouldn't exactly get me doing cartwheels down the street, but he would be better than Glass and probably better than the majority of the other names we usually get linked with. Glass is likely going to be here a while yet anyway, and Alex Neil will probably be in a job by the time we're looking for a new boss.

12 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, Alex Neil wouldn't exactly get me doing cartwheels down the street, but he would be better than Glass and probably better than the majority of the other names we usually get linked with. Glass is likely going to be here a while yet anyway, and Alex Neil will probably be in a job by the time we're looking for a new boss.

Hibs might be vacant by the time we play them.

Alex Neil could well end up there. 

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Nah min, nae much chance of that happening as Alex Neil has said he would be interested in managing a top six SPFL team, the reference to a "top six" team rules hibs out straight away ?

Neil Lennon back to Hibs then for a third time.

Dempster and Kamberi's gone so shouldn't be a problem ;)

56 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Why do people keep replying to RED_JOHN while at the same time moaning about the utter drivel he posts?

Even on block I end up seeing most of his pish because they keep getting quoted by others.

Please stop.

Seconded.

he's the only poster I've ever blocked - just spams the board with constant drivel. If everyone blocked / ignored the cunt he'd surely get fed up eventually

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Alex Neil, surely? 

I'm going for McInnes. Although it is a huge coincidence that Neil was actually at the Livingston game last night.

Neil I think will be going strongly for the Ipswich vacancy given he lived not too far away when he was at Norwich. They'e a bit of a sleeping giant and will give whoever gets it a decent playing budget. It's unlikely they're going up this season being in mid table although they could still make the play-offs. There wouldn't be any great pressure to do so though given their mid table placing at present. He'd have 2 transfer windows before coming under any great pressure to see results

12 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Could be either i guess - both out of work and both fairly high profile appointments for Hibs. They'll see McInnes "consistency" as a plus point I'd think - finishing 2nd to 4th for several seasons in a row would have quite an appeal for a yoyo club like them.

2nd to 4th would be quite an appeal for us right now too tbf. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm going for McInnes. Although it is a huge coincidence that Neil was actually at the Livingston game last night.

Neil I think will be going strongly for the Ipswich vacancy given he lived not too far away when he was at Norwich. They'e a bit of a sleeping giant and will give whoever gets it a decent playing budget. It's unlikely they're going up this season being in mid table although they could still make the play-offs. There wouldn't be any great pressure to do so though given their mid table placing at present. He'd have 2 transfer windows before coming under any great pressure to see results

Don’t talk to me about Ipswich.

I have an accumulator on who’ll win all the English leagues.

all my selections are winning… Ipshit are ruining it. 

I think McInnes or Neil would be a decent fit for Hibs, more so Neil. 
He’d have been my pick had Glass got the dunt.