Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

We’ll scrape top 6 which will be enough to keep Glass in a job for another season unfortunately.

We’ll just need to hope this guy Mowbray knows what he’s doing and can add some real quality to the squad in January and next summer.

We should never be just scrapping into the top 6. The resources we have compared to everyone outside the OF, its simply not good enough to be sitting 7th in the table at Christmas. 

The team in third were only just promoted from the Championship. Glass has to take accountability and get us into third. Huge January transfer window ahead.

The pointlessness of what we’re doing is fairly depressing.

I’m finding our average game and certainly number of clear cut chances as bad as what got McInnes sacked, never mind even thinking about improving on the glass ceiling we’d got frustrated by. We’re way off where we were this time last season. 

I also fear he is here for the season or at least most of it, if we're bottom six fodder then he might get the dunt in late Spring - given the dross we acquired over the Summer (Brown aside) I'm not optimistic than January will be transformatory and suspect we will jog along doing very little - a bad run will see us with the bottom feeders and a good one might permit us to aspire to a top six trophy.

Many will say It's all the fault of the bad referees, bad luck with injuries/suspensions etc etc - it could never be the coach - what does he have to do with the squad or how it plays and anyway it's all coming together and I'm sure the stats are just grand.

He's here for another 12 months minimum. 

First season will be put down to transition if we finish out of the euro spots. If we get into Europe it will be lauded from the rooftops. 

And he'd need a disastrous start to next season for things to change.  We just need to hope he learns fast. He's had 9 months in Scotland now, should know the level of player required. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip, agree.

Not easy to get rid of a lot of the “dead wood” mid-season though. 

And if he gives Devlin another 6 months, as is rumoured then he can fuck clean off ?

Would be ridiculous. 

Not running a charity. 

12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Hopefully Mowbray being here makes a difference.. So when Glass produces a  wishlist of players that includes the likes of JET, Jenks, Samuels and Gurr, he's told to leave the recruitment to the big boys. 

He was involved in Longstaff so I'm not holding out much hope. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

I genuinely didn't know much about him. But I guess the head of recruitment should? 

It was a strange one as we assumed he was Fergie’s replacement.

Total waste really given how many centre mids we have. 

I knew wee bits, and remember him scoring the winner against Man U. 
Newcastle fans have him a good write up too.

But he was so poor. Looked unfit, was slow & usually side passed 5 yards. 

Finishing in the bottom 6, transitional year or not, should be a sacking offence with our far greater resources than anyone outwith the arse cheeks. There might be a case to say finishing below the Edinburgh clubs could be just about acceptable (although we already finished behind Hibs last season ) if the points margin behind either of them was less than 9 points at an absolute maximum. But we should be finishing ahead of the rest as they are all operating on fractions of our budget.

He's probably going to start next season still in post no matter what though. I actually wonder where Cormack actually would draw the line as being unacceptable results wise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1