January 2022 transfer window

10 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

I'd like to see us makes more move in the US transfer market. Ramirez looks absolutely quality. Another  striker of that ilk however with pace.

Avoid the Atlanta Utd reserve side. I'm hopeful Hernandez does return from loan as I think he could do well for us under Glass.

Only sign ooooooffence players not Deeeeefence.

Maybe some offensive ooooffence players 

please no more shitey Atlanta 1/4 backs

11 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Been such a dodgy deal from minute 1, probably the weirdest transfer in recent memory

But get them while they are in LA not after they transfer to Europe. For me... I see Saavedra with Bolivar as an excellent example. He'll play rb, rm, cm, lm and really play well all over the pitch. 

Just go after the right guys

31 minutes ago, super_al said:

Potentially agreed a deal to take him in January, his agent will no doubt have been speaking to clubs off the reocrd for months now, will no doubt get his wages tripled down there.

Good player on his day but too inconsistent for us imo (16 Goals and 19 assists in 81 games for us). Been obvious since August he wasnt going to be staying on

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Potentially agreed a deal to take him in January, his agent will no doubt have been speaking to clubs off the reocrd for months now, will no doubt get his wages tripled down there.

Good player on his day but too inconsistent for us imo (16 Goals and 19 assists in 81 games for us). Been obvious since August he wasnt going to be staying on

They can’t agree a January deal, can agree a summer deal. Any deal before that needs our agreement which if they won’t match our fee won’t happen 

26 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

We have lost better players than Hedges. Would rather see us getting into the habit of selling assets with 1 year to go if they aren't going to sign a new deal and using the money to try and replace.

Agree. Read an article years ago where the Pachuca manager matter of factly said... we are a selling club. Own it

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

We have lost better players than Hedges. Would rather see us getting into the habit of selling assets with 1 year to go if they aren't going to sign a new deal and using the money to try and replace.

Although this is true in recent years.... the less encouraging thing is we haven't replaced any of them and have gradually got worse every year ?

2 hours ago, super_al said:

Players going out of contract in the summer can start talking/negotiating with interested clubs in the previous December officially. (in practice their agent will have been doing so for months previously).

This theoretically allows for said player to officially sign a pre-contract agreement the very second that the January transfer window opens.

Interesting talk about transfers from big Dave at the AGM, and getting his shit done early in January. Centre half, winger and pacey striker maybe? 

I’m assuming Hedges goes, and would need replacing. If Ferguson does go in Jan, would we need to bring someone in to replace him? If Gallagher can get his arse in gear, then surely McCrorie steps forward into that box to box midfielder role?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Interesting talk about transfers from big Dave at the AGM, and getting his shit done early in January. Centre half, winger and pacey striker maybe? 

I’m assuming Hedges goes, and would need replacing. If Ferguson does go in Jan, would we need to bring someone in to replace him? If Gallagher can get his arse in gear, then surely McCrorie steps forward into that box to box midfielder role?

Glass loves McCrorie at centre half. He’ll stay where he is.

Fergie might be sold but I’d think he’d be replaced by someone out with the club. 

9 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

If Ferguson doesn’t leave in January I will be surprised. Imagine the hissy fit from his agent if we don’t accept the offer from an English team.

i think we'll only sell one player in January and both Ramsay and Hedges are probably more likely than Ferguson.

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

i think we'll only sell one player in January and both Ramsay and Hedges are probably more likely than Ferguson.

Think both hedges and Ferguson will leave in January. Really hope we can get another season out of Ramsey but it’s really going to be tough if he comes back and plays like he was prior to injury, the guy is different class.