January 2022 transfer window

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Purely subjective. Some of us think Clark is better than Lewis. The recent stats that another user posted on here yesterday backs our position up conclusively. Whilst Clark will certainly want a decent uplift on his current wages at St J, I still think he will prove to be far cheaper than Lewis.

Would Lewis make the current Scotland squad if he were qualified to play for us? I don't think so.

Well is it subjective or isn't it? 

13 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Hopefully a move now, fuck this pre contract pish, any player signing a pre contract with another club would be playing in development team or emptying the bins at Cormack Park till he moves so a player who wants to be at afc can get a chance. 

I'd rather he went now aswell. Seems like we are clearing the decks so hopefully hear of some movement in the way over the next couple of days. Been an entirely uneventful 1st week ?

5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Just had a look at the Forest Green forum, and it's a little different to here. There's a thread complaining about opposition fans chanting being offensive. :dontknow:

Just took a look......Exeter getting the blame. A song including chlamydia, sexual practices and misogyny

I'd love to learn the words

Exeter City fans = legends

Edit....and another one about how they love bacon ?

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just took a look......Exeter getting the blame. A song including chlamydia, sexual practices and misogyny

I'd love to learn the words

Exeter City fans = legends

Edit....and another one about how they love bacon ?

Seem to be very upset about the Exeter fans calling Moore-Taylor a sex offender and a cunt. I wonder if he’s friends with Andy Halliday ?

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Purely subjective. Some of us think Clark is better than Lewis. The recent stats that another user posted on here yesterday backs our position up conclusively. Whilst Clark will certainly want a decent uplift on his current wages at St J, I still think he will prove to be far cheaper than Lewis.

Would Lewis make the current Scotland squad if he were qualified to play for us? I don't think so.

Lewis being English would immediately strengthen his chances of playing for Scotland, so yes I think he would get a game if Gordon got injured

On 1/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd have to question whether Clark is any better with the ball at his feet aswell. For me Joe is the least of our worries. I worry about the AFC management if they want to splash a hefty wedge on a position that isn't as crucial as other areas that are blatantly obvious to the rest of us. Lewis is settled in Aberdeen so unless there are personal reasons that might mean he wants to go back to Norfolk then i'd rather we kept him.  

I've worried about the AFC management from the day he was appointed, abysmal appointment. Glass shouldn't be anywhere near Aberdeen management.

I think Lewis is the better keeper even though prone to a few Clangers moments.

Better for sure at taking crosses/high balls out of the air. Great shot stopper & quick (especially for his size) at diving across his goal.

Lewis’s biggest weakness for me is his speed/confidence  off his line for one on ones. Only time he really makes me nervous other than general ball to feet/pass backs but the pass backs make me nervous regardless of the keeper

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think Lewis is the better keeper even though prone to a few Clangers moments.

Better for sure at taking crosses/high balls out of the air. Great shot stopper & quick (especially for his size) at diving across his goal.

Lewis’s biggest weakness for me is his speed/confidence  off his line for one on ones. Only time he really makes me nervous other than general ball to feet/pass backs but the pass backs make me nervous regardless of the keeper

He never used to be

something that comes to all Aberdeen keepers  

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I've worried about the AFC management from the day he was appointed, abysmal appointment. Glass shouldn't be anywhere near Aberdeen management.

AFC will tread water, with the occasional plunge to the depths, whilst Glass is in charge.

That will be the norm for the next 18 months or so till Cormack gets wise.

8 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Washington Post reporting NYCFC academy player, Dante Polvara, likely heading to Aberdeen. 
He’s apparently an attacking midfielder. Maybe a replacement for Samuels and Longstaff? 
Gurr experiment didn’t go so well… but no idea what type of role this lad would be in.. or how cheap he is. 

As mentioned by me on here a few days back ?