January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

100 too many

98 too many.  Came on and turned a game v Livingston at Pittodrie and scored at Snake Mountain to put the scum out of the cup.

I'm possibly forgetting a few but if not that's one good game in 50.  Time to say goodbye

So where does everyone think we need to strengthen and what do you reckon we'll actually do? 

I think we need another striker, a proper no10, another winger and it's now very evident we need another LB. We won't get all 4 and i reckon we will see 2 loans come in on Monday 1 of those being a striker.  Unlikely anything before Saturday.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

So where does everyone think we need to strengthen and what do you reckon we'll actually do? 

I think we need another striker, a proper no10, another winger and it's now very evident we need another LB. We won't get all 4 and i reckon we will see 2 loans come in on Monday 1 of those being a striker.  Unlikely anything before Saturday.

I agree, they are the 4 positions that need addressed. Doubt we'll get a lb and probably only get one of a winger/#10, preferably someone who can cover both. Striker is a must. 

26 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

What we need and what we will get are poles apart. But Cormack will back his man this week, I'm sure of that, even moreso after last night..

We need at least 2 players bombed out completely. JET and Kennedy hopefully. How you go about that without paying up their entire contract, I don't know. Make JET train on the beach, on his own, and then hopefully a middle east team, or far easterm team, will come in and take him away. Just get him to fuck.

Another striker is a must. And another winger. One will be a loan, the other a permanent but I've zero confidence either will be decent. We might just about manage without another left back,

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The manager post

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

That should've been the priority in November. 

Should've been the priority in March last year.

Absolute joke we appointed Glass in the first place, even more so when our structure with a DOF etc wasn't sorted and when it was we didn't look to appoint someone with experience in the role

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Should've been the priority in March last year.

Absolute joke we appointed Glass in the first place, even more so when our structure with a DOF etc wasn't sorted and when it was we didn't look to appoint someone with experience in the role

Aye i don't disagree that he should never have been appointed. A truly awful appointment. But remember that the chairman never hired Glass because he was his mate...he lived an hour away.  Fuck knows why Cormack thought we'd buy that line ?

18 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye i don't disagree that he should never have been appointed. A truly awful appointment. But remember that the chairman never hired Glass because he was his mate...he lived an hour away.  Fuck knows why Cormack thought we'd buy that line ?

Aye exactly. Even if there was no link between Cormack and Glass it's a dodgy appointment at the best of times.

Really wanted it to work for Glass but sadly it just hasn't. Goodwin would've been a decent shout last summer but not to be.

Just got to hope the next time we are looking for a manager it'll be a fair process and not one that leaves Glass as the "outstanding candidate"

4 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Aye exactly. Even if there was no link between Cormack and Glass it's a dodgy appointment at the best of times.

Really wanted it to work for Glass but sadly it just hasn't. Goodwin would've been a decent shout last summer but not to be.

Just got to hope the next time we are looking for a manager it'll be a fair process and not one that leaves Glass as the "outstanding candidate"

We'll probably end up with the current ATL2 boss. Is that still the English guy? Jack something? 

Goodwin at the time would have been a decent shout. St Mirren fans have had their doubts over him this season. I'd like to see us try and hire a coach from like the dutch or German leagues. Surely we could attract someone from there? All irrelevant right now and probably for the foreseeable as the puppet isn't going anywhere.  

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

He doesn't really have a choice IMO. This is his appointment so it's his job to ensure it's a success.  

I’d say he HAS backed him.

is that 13 new players he’s been allowed to bring in, including the two young lads signed this month?

Woods, Gurr, Gallagher, Bates, Brown Jenks, Samuels, Watkins, Longstaff, JET, Ramirez, Polvara, & Besuijen

Sad thing is, we need at least another three, such is the mess he inherited, and let’s be honest, added to. 

#Glassout

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d say he HAS backed him.

is that 13 new players he’s been allowed to bring in, including the two young lads signed this month?

Woods, Gurr, Gallagher, Bates, Brown Jenks, Samuels, WatkinsLongstaff, JET, Ramirez, Polvara, & Besuijen

Sad thing is, we need at least another three, such is the mess he inherited, and let’s be honest, added to. 

#Glassout

Good success in first window... Only Bates, Brown and Ramirez been a success in my opinion. Will give borderline to Jenks, Watkins and Gallagher (not looking great but needs proper chance injury free, see bates). The rest absolutely horrific! We probably need to have a 60% success rate before we actually see the club go on a upward trajectory. When was last window the majority of players we signed weren't a complete waste of time?

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Calling for Glass ' head every week is a waste of time.

There will be a review in the summer you'd think and then we'll take it from there. Chances are unless we completely collapse again between now and then he'll be here next season again. 

Nothing will happen before then. If it happens at all. 

There's no doubt that he's staying at least for the time being. I'd say the Motherwell game is by far and away the most important game this season. Should we get papped out (which is a distinct possibility given our away form) then that will be 2 very early cup exits on top of a poor league campaign to date. Obviously we could still finish top 6 but given our utterly dreadful away form we'd need that to pick up sharpish. And we still have Tynecastle, Parkhead and the bastard garden to go to before the split. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Calling for Glass ' head every week is a waste of time.

There will be a review in the summer you'd think and then we'll take it from there. Chances are unless we completely collapse again between now and then he'll be here next season again. 

Nothing will happen before then. If it happens at all. 

What is the cut off point for Cormack?

An early exit in the cup(s) & bottom 6?

if we scrape top 6, does he give him the start of next season?

Failure to make Europe (assuming we don’t win the Cup, nae laughing) & he should be gone.

30 minutes ago, slippers said:

Good success in first window... Only Bates, Brown and Ramirez been a success in my opinion. Will give borderline to Jenks, Watkins and Gallagher (not looking great but needs proper chance injury free, see bates). The rest absolutely horrific! We probably need to have a 60% success rate before we actually see the club go on a upward trajectory. When was last window the majority of players we signed weren't a complete waste of time?

Watkins hasn’t been good.

Barely scored, nor assisted & always injured. 
3 goals in 14 league games, missed 8 through injury 
Will be earning a chunky wage too. 

Not sure I get the love for him to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Watkins hasn’t been good.

Barely scored, nor assisted & always injured. 
3 goals in 14 league games, missed 8 through injury 
Will be earning a chunky wage too. 

Not sure I get the love for him to be honest. 

Totally agree, also think the praise of Bates is Extreme. First touch gets him in so much trouble and he’s horribly slow and let’s the ball bounce all the time which puts us under constant pressure.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

What is the cut off point for Cormack?

An early exit in the cup(s) & bottom 6?

if we scrape top 6, does he give him the start of next season?

Failure to make Europe (assuming we don’t win the Cup, nae laughing) & he should be gone.

Personally, I think he'd probably survive a mid table finish this season.  Not sure there's an awful lot of expectation re a cup run? 

We'll struggle to get past Motherwell, the second half at Pittodrie in the league game we just folded when they stepped it up physically, can see the same thing happening again. 

We'll sell Ramsay or Ferguson in the summer and that will cover the loss of European revenue.