January 2022 transfer window

3 minutes ago, mutant said:

Totally agree, also think the praise of Bates is Extreme. First touch gets him in so much trouble and he’s horribly slow and let’s the ball bounce all the time which puts us under constant pressure.

Maybe we should just ask our defenders to give the ball to our midfield players to play the football rather than expecting them all to be liberos and pass the ball amongst themselves all game. 

Let them focus on defending. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe we should just ask our defenders to give the ball to our midfield players to play the football rather than expecting them all to be liberos and pass the ball amongst themselves all game. 

Let them focus on defending. 

Goodwin openly said last night he was happy with the “mid to low block”, let the Aberdeen centre halves have the ball, then press when they get in their half

So many teams do it.

We are so transparent.

The only time we can look decent is against teams that don’t sit in. 
Sadly about 7 other teams in the league do sit in. 

The fact we have little or no pace in the passing, nor in the team, makes it even harder.

Maybe a new left winger, and the new Dutch lad on the right can provide that. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Goodwin openly said last night he was happy with the “mid to low block”, let the Aberdeen centre halves have the ball, then press when they get in their half

So many teams do it.

We are so transparent.

The only time we can look decent is against teams that don’t sit in. 
Sadly about 7 other teams in the league do sit in. 

The fact we have little or no pace in the passing, nor in the team, makes it even harder.

Maybe a new left winger, and the new Dutch lad on the right can provide that. 

Some folk seem to think that Glass doesn't have the players to implement his tactics. 

My view is that it's the tactics that are more flawed than the players who would be more effective in a different system.

They don't look like a team that believe in the system at all. 

A good manager gets the best out of his players. He doesn't impose a system on them that they don't believe in or can't implement. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree.

Won’t happen though I don’t think.

We’ll plod along, winning a couple, losing a couple, etc etc.

I don't think it'll happen either. But should we finish outside the top 6 there's no way he should survive it. It's not just the results. I could accept inconsistent results this season if the performances were there and i could see what we were trying to do. Right now the performances (in the main) are nowhere near acceptable and i've still no idea really where the "attacking philosophy" is that we are apparently trying to implement. Obviously we don't know what Besuijen will bring and to a lesser extent Polvara but it needs to pick up pronto. 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Aye exactly. Even if there was no link between Cormack and Glass it's a dodgy appointment at the best of times.

Really wanted it to work for Glass but sadly it just hasn't. Goodwin would've been a decent shout last summer but not to be.

Just got to hope the next time we are looking for a manager it'll be a fair process and not one that leaves Glass as the "outstanding candidate"

If or when glass goes I’d hope to hell we go for a better manager than goodwin 

32 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'd just hope there's a proper "prawcess" to identify the correct man for the job. Let's go down the foreign route next time. 

I don’t really care what route they go down. If glass got appointed with no one else looked at wouldn’t be a first 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

I don’t really care what route they go down. If glass got appointed with no one else looked at wouldn’t be a first 

I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time it's happened but it would prove Cormack as a bullshitter wouldn't it? Nothings happening imminently anyway regarding Glass so let's get back to the transfer rumours....

There aren't any. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cormack said it all himself last March. 

Most managers wanted some control over transfers and were ruled out immediately. 

It's totally uncalled for that a manager wants to have a say on the players that he needs to play in his team. Not an idea that will catch on. Although most clubs now employ a DoF or HoR the manager always has a say on whether to sign said player. If Cormack wants a manager that has no say or very little then Glass has a job for life. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That’s not strictly true.

Glass will have a say. 

The HoR will come up with the names after Glass says what he’s looking for. 

Which is fine but once the HOR comes up with the names based on the criteria the manager wants and the club's policy (age, salary band etc) then it should come back to the manager to choose his preference from that shortlist. 

It shouldnt be a case of I want a right back and the HOR says here you go, here's a right back we've signed for you. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's fine then. 

I'd call that having some control over transfers.  What was Cormack whining about then? 

Think he was more saying that they didn't want to work under a HoR/DoF. In my opinion that's all bollocks as it's the way most clubs are going. It was just a way to try and prove there was a prawcess. 

19 minutes ago, Super Don said:

Scott burns saying we are still in for the Celtic winger on twitter.

Christ they never fucking learn do they. He had a wee purple patch scoring about 3 or 4 years ago but done nothing since. Barely a goal or assist to speak of, and that's in a team that generally scores and creates more than the rest of the SPFL, even in their recent sticky patch. 

But no doubt  we'll sign him and then 6 months later everyone will be scratching their heads bemused when he hasn't delivered much assists or goals. 

• Upvote 2