January 2022 transfer window

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

Is it fuck min

£4.8m IS a good offer, there is no doubt about that. His defensive frailties are there for all to see.

But that’s not to say we should  accept it, it’s clear the price is going up to £6m over the weekend.

Either way, I don’t think we’ll see him tomorrow, his head is mince.

35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Bologna have upped their bid for Ramsay to £4.8m

Cormack must be getting close to folding, at figures like that, especially if that’s up front with add ons to come.

You’d have to think Ramsay and his agent are agreeable to heading to Italy, otherwise why are they coming back with an improved offer?

It won't be up front. Will be in installments. 

18 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly this. If we are getting a 10-20% sell on too its probably better he goes to Bologna, plays and is then sold on. 

Its often % of profit these days. Bologna would be a good move in terms of sell on but Hickey is being talked about for 10-15m so its not going to be mega money like English leagues if hes sold but still a nice amount. Id hope at least 1 English club makes a bid too.

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Thing is, we'll probably never know the true transfer fee, and Cormack will probably inflate the figure when he is pressed on it, so we can speculate all we want about whther The Price is Right.

The most important factor is how much of it will the recruitment team get to spend.

Exactly. There's virtually no way of confirming the exact fee these days what with undisclosed fees and the methods of payment and accounting. 

Papers speak absolute shite about transfer fees and wages, surprised anyone believes it. Sadly club officials speak shite about it as well. 

The McKenna fee has been quoted as anything from 2 to 3 million and no one has any real grasp of what sell ons there are if any. It all just becomes part of urban myth. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The McKenna fee has been quoted as anything from 2 to 3 million and no one has any real grasp of what sell ons there are of any. It all just becomes part of urban myth. 

Yeah, and then you read if Brenda takes him to Leicester, then the eventual fee we receive will be close to what Villa WOULD have paid for him the previous season, £6m

Its all shite at the end of the day, accountancy jiggerypokery. Then there's Sevco and how they report their transfer fees.....

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, and then you read if Brenda takes him to Leicester, then the eventual fee we receive will be close to what Villa WOULD have paid him him the previous season

Its all shite at the end of the day. Then there's Sevco and how they report their transfer fees.....

Aye look at the way the Patterson transfer was reported. Wild variations ranging from £8m to £16m depending on what the motivation of the reporting party was. 

Nobody had a fucking clue apart from the two clubs involved . Everyone else  just made it up. 

UPDATE: Bologna have now made an offer for Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsay.

It's understood the bid is an initial loan for £830,000, with an obligation to buy for £3.3m at the end of the season.

A low percentage sell-on clause has also been included.

Fuck me. That's laughable.

27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Thing is, we'll probably never know the true transfer fee, and Cormack will probably inflate the figure when he is pressed on it, so we can speculate all we want about whther The Price is Right.

The most important factor is how much of it will the recruitment team get to spend.

The most important factor is not letting Glass waste it 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The most important factor is not letting Cormack and his recruitment team waste it 

FIFY

I'm beginning to wonder how much of a say Glass has on transfers. Certainly  on outgoing transfers, he has fuck all say. Looks more to me like he is just a Head coach, and is told to work with what he is given, which, to be fair, he is making a cunt of.

12 minutes ago, brownie said:

UPDATE: Bologna have now made an offer for Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsay.

It's understood the bid is an initial loan for £830,000, with an obligation to buy for £3.3m at the end of the season.

A low percentage sell-on clause has also been included.

Fuck me. That's laughable.

So no where near the quoted 4.8m. Tell them to poke it. 

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

FIFY

I'm beginning to wonder how much of a say Glass has on transfers. Certainly  on outgoing transfers, he has fuck all say. Looks more to me like he is just a Head coach, and is told to work with what he is given

My understanding is Glass says what he’s looking for in terms of age profile, position, player attributes etc…

Mowbray complies a list.

Glass has final say from that list.

Gunn takes over & negotiates 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My understanding is Glass says what he’s looking for in terms of age profile, position, player attributes etc…

Mowbray complies a list.

Glass has final say from that list.

Gunn takes over & negotiates

Either way, Glass is making a cunt of it.

On transfers, on loans, and on extending players' contracts. I'm expecting Devlin's to be announced soon

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ftfy

Does look that way. Cormack pulls the strings, either way you look at it.

So Glass says he needs an attacking midfielder, and a right winger, and gets presented with this Palvara chap of US heritage, and the Dutch cap, with South American heritage. So Glass is restricted in his options.

Seems like any player we pay a fee for, comes with a purpose of selling on to the US market.

But of course, everyone in the current AFC structure will have known what their place and remit is, even Scott Brown. So nobody's toes are being trodden on