January 2022 transfer window

55 minutes ago, brownie said:

We have fans saying we set ourselves targets that are too low and we should be aiming for higher. Yet we have folk saying £5m or thereabouts is good.

If we're going to drop our knickers at the first sign of a few wedge then we deserve to never be higher than 3rd or 4th.

We could get 20m tomorrow and would still not finish any higher. 

If both Hedges and Ramsay are away between now and Monday we're in a bit of bother unless there's some very good signings coming in. 

If Ramsay goes we'll have moved on all 3 of our right backs in one window. Maybe tagts why Jonny was getting a try out there the other night. 

Even one of the two we have got in is out injured for 2 months! 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

One striker 

One left back 

One right back (maybe) 

You've got to fucking laugh 

It’s a hoorin’ unbalanced squad, at the moment 

I’m content with Ojo or McCrorie at RB if Ramsay leaves, and then deal with it in the summer

Need a left back now but doubt we’ll get one of those either.

Striker loan from England and another winger and that’s it, I reckon 

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s a hoorin’ unbalanced squad, at the moment 

I’m content with Ojo or McCrorie at RB if Ramsay leaves, and then deal with it in the summer

Need a left back now but doubt we’ll get one of those either.

Striker loan from England and another winger and that’s it, I reckon 

If we lose both Ramsay and Hedges we really need to go all out with attacking options between now and Monday as those 2 have provided most of our assists between them. That needs rectified and quickly. 

1 minute ago, Kiriakov33 said:

So at the moment we have lost 

McGinn, Samuel , Longstaff, Hernandez , Gurr and Longstaff 

And added 

Besuijen, Polvara and Barron..   

Good to see the players who have left moved  on but do we now have a stronger squad ?!?

Barron was already ours and Polvara will be out for months. 

Looks like you can add Hedges to your list. 

So seven out and one fit player in. 

So far 

30 minutes ago, super_al said:

Am I the only one who does not think Cook is a good option for us? I just feel his is a player who has been around a while, not really stood out and recently had a very good last 6 months. We have seen this story before. 

Fully agree, he's having a bit of a Cosgrove season. If we get him I think we would end up pretty disappointed and have a player with no sell on fee. 

36 minutes ago, super_al said:

Am I the only one who does not think Cook is a good option for us? I just feel his is a player who has been around a while, not really stood out and recently had a very good last 6 months. We have seen this story before. 

Exactly what a county fan told me a good 6 months no great loss if they loose him. 

I think I’d rather have mikey johnston than him 

We should also be knocking back all offers for ramsay in this window now unless it’s a really crazy offer 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Exactly what a county fan told me a good 6 months no great loss if they loose him. 

I think I’d rather have mikey johnston than him 

We should also be knocking back all offers for ramsay in this window now unless it’s a really crazy offer 

Johnston is injured. All well and good saying we'd rather have Johnston over Charles-Cook but if he's injured he's as much use as tits on a bull. 

On Ramsay...sky Italy are reporting that Leeds are in pole position to sign him and are going to bid £3m. They should swiftly be told to up it.