January 2022 transfer window

32 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Does look that way. Cormack pulls the strings, either way you look at it.

So Glass says he needs an attacking midfielder, and a right winger, and gets presented with this Palvara chap of US heritage, and the Dutch cap, with South American heritage. So Glass is restricted in his options.

Seems like any player we pay a fee for, comes with a purpose of selling on to the US market.

But of course, everyone in the current AFC structure will have known what their place and remit is, even Scott Brown. So nobody's toes are being trodden on

I suspect Darren Eales has a fair bit of clout too. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I suspect Darren Eales has a fair bit of clout too. 

Well, he's not on the AFC board for the shits and giggles, is he?

I agree, he will have a huge influence on the Atlanta angle, and how any mutually benificial deals can be done.

Which in itself is not a bad thing, it just all depends of how much of an influenece he has.

I wouldn't be accepting that Bologna offer if Anthony Joseph is right. It's just over £4m. £4.8m would be a decent offer if it's up front. Have a feeling it's been leaked by the club to get EPL teams to bid on him. Better chance of getting him back and not having to scramble to find a replacement whilst being able to use some of the money in the forward areas. All rather last fucking minute though. 

23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Well, he's not on the AFC board for the shits and giggles, is he?

I agree, he will have a huge influence on the Atlanta angle, and how any mutually benificial deals can be done.

Which in itself is not a bad thing, it just all depends of how much of an influenece he has.

Another attention seeker like Cormack. 

When one of Atlanta's strikers scored their 100th goal lately he shot a video of himself re-enacting the goal and posted it on his club twitter account. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Another attention seeker like Cormack. 

When one of Atlanta's strikers scored their 100th goal lately he shot a video of himself re-enacting the goal and posted it on his club twitter account. 

Another one worth the watching then. No wonder no one takes us seriously. As a club we look like we are run by a load of Eton boys. All we need is Rees Mogg showing an interest and giving us splendid advice.

3 hours ago, brownie said:

Small time mentality if we accept that Bologna fee.

Correct. We have to set a precedent. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Another one worth the watching then. No wonder no one takes us seriously. As a club we look like we are run by a load of Eton boys. All we need is Rees Mogg showing an interest and giving us splendid advice.

What chance have you got against a tie and a crest?

• Haha 1

If those numbers are right and the offer is £4.13M then we are nae far off with 3 days to go. £4.65M and jobs a good un.

£350k for Hedgey and we are cooking with that January windfall.

Plus Hernandez fee whatever that is.

Thats more like what the club should be aiming to do.

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If those numbers are right and the offer is £4.13M then we are nae far off with 3 days to go. £4.65M and jobs a good un.

And no time to spend it on replacements...

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We have fans saying we set ourselves targets that are too low and we should be aiming for higher. Yet we have folk saying £5m or thereabouts is good.

If we're going to drop our knickers at the first sign of a few wedge then we deserve to never be higher than 3rd or 4th.

• Upvote 6

Hopefully we've got a decent replacement lined up for Hedges.

I'll mostly be glad to see the back of him, especially as he's not been the same since rejecting the new contract offer (whether just in a sulk or canna be arsed). He is badly one footed and despite being fairly talented he doesn't turn up enough for my liking.

Keeping my fingers crossed Besuijen is a player, but we'll need at least another winger/attacking midfielder in addition to him, plus the obvious need for another striker.

• Upvote 1