Scotland vs Moldova & Denmark - 12/11 and 15/11

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

A quick playback of the highlights before work.  I’d forgotten the third “goal” - the cross field pass from McGinn, squared by Adams to Armstrong at the back post.  Would have been an absolute stunner.  Lewis would have smashed it.  Or Turnbull.

It was great defending by their captain. The guy anticipated the ball across and moved back over towards Armstrong before Adams had headed it

6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I wouldn't rate this as highly as the 2-0 win over the French, but it's definitely in a better resolution. 

Thanks for digging this out. Had thought it was earlier than than 89.

Also, just looked up the Spain game, and it ended 3-1. I also remember reading an article that quoted the Spanish press calling Jim Bett “the knife” or “the cut” because of his passing ability. 

7 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Also, just looked up the Spain game, and it ended 3-1. I also remember reading an article that quoted the Spanish press calling Jim Bett “the knife” or “the cut” because of his passing ability. 

I skipped school to go to the Spain game, drinking warm Carlsberg Special Brew on the milk train back to Aberdeen, missed the next day due to a combination of getting home at 3 in the morning and a massive hangover.

4 hours ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

We had what could genuinely be considered a World Class side on the pitch, there. 

J Leighton
S Nicol
A Albiston
G Souness(C)
A McLeish
W Miller
K Dalglish
P McStay
M Johnston
J Bett
D Cooper

Manager:
Jock Stein

Criminally underperformed too often, though.