Aberdeen 0 - 2 Motherwell

Awful result. Was always going to be about scoring first today. 

Our defending for both goals was absolutely absymal. 

No intensity to our play at all second half. 

We really missed ramsay and Mackenzie today. Glad we've got a break, another massive game in Dundee coming up. 

The first goal was just horrid. A complete mess. For the second, who was actually taking control of our setup? I cannot believe the players are being coached to leave a 5 v 3 in the box. It looked like Brown realised last minute but it was too late.

Bates really needs to find a permanent 'On' switch and very fast. I don't think Glass has many other options atm. 

6 defeats and only 1 goal from open play in these games - Ramirez against Dundee. Grim.

12 minutes ago, Lambster1903 said:

The first goal was just horrid. A complete mess. For the second, who was actually taking control of our setup? I cannot believe the players are being coached to leave a 5 v 3 in the box. It looked like Brown realised last minute but it was too late.

Just like a natural striker has the instinct to anticipate a chance, a natural defender will sniff out danger. 

Unfortunately 4 of our 5 defenders just now are midfielders to trade and just don't have that instinct.

And the one that is a defender is in the middle of one hell of a stinker. 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

So you know he’s a hun that’s why you dislike him. 

The Hun part is irrelevant in terms of his quality for us. I have always known he’s a Hun & I have always known he’s shite.

The Hun part (& his transfer exaggeration to Hamburg)  is the only reason he ‘earned’ caps in shite Scotland sides. 

I dislike him for being a Hun yes but could still appreciate him if his abilities made it so that him being a Hun didn’t matter.

I dislike him ‘as an Aberdeen player’ for the simple fact he’s shite & not good enough for us & I never saw the sense/benefits of us signing him. 

I still like McRorrie, i still like Ferguson even though they are often shite also but there is ability there worthy of justification for them being players for us sometimes. They are Huns & I am able to accept them as they are able to perform for us sometimes. Bates is just SHITE but you can try & deflect my views of him as me just hating him because he’s a Hun if you want. That’s your attempts at deflecting/excusing negative opinions of him it seems. 

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just like a natural striker has the instinct to anticipate a chance, a natural defender will sniff out danger. 

Unfortunately 4 of our 5 defenders just now are midfielders to trade and just don't have that instinct.

And the one that is a defender is in the middle of one hell of a stinker. 

That van veen guy, hate him

But Ramirez should take note

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

That van veen guy, hate him

But Ramirez should take note

He’s a cunt. We haven’t got enough of those types with that attitude.

We’re weak & have zero arrogance in our side. Arrogance can only be justified with a certain level of abilities to complement it. 

I can understand your jealousy 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The Hun part is irrelevant in terms of his quality for us. I have always known he’s a Hun & I have always known he’s shite.

The Hun part (& his transfer exaggeration to Hamburg)  is the only reason he ‘earned’ caps in shite Scotland sides. 

I dislike him for being a Hun yes but could still appreciate him if his abilities made it so that him being a Hun didn’t matter.

I dislike him ‘as an Aberdeen player’ for the simple fact he’s shite & not good enough for us & I never saw the sense/benefits of us signing him. 

I still like McRorrie, i still like Ferguson even though they are often shite also but there is ability there worthy of justification for them being players for us sometimes. They are Huns & I am able to accept them as they are able to perform for us sometimes. Bates is just SHITE but you can try & deflect my views of him as me just hating him because he’s a Hun if you want. That’s your attempts at deflecting/excusing negative opinions of him it seems. 

But not enough to learn to spell his name correctly

• Haha 2

scottish footballs always had that grit about it sadly ,where teams are punished that try and play football, unless the pay gap is at least 5 times higher than the hammer throwers these sort of results shall continue to state the bleedin obvious..
 grind as they do,find a way to get the lead then play the pretty fitba might be the way to go, , or better still leave this corrupt mess of a league. 
BTW only thing shocking about the morder event was the ref not finding another penalty for the new club.

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I’ll be honest I was a bit drunk after falling out with the mrs and in a bad mood and can’t remember what it was I had said to you but fair enough 

Disappointing yesterday, we should've been 2 up at half time anyways, but the longer it goes without taking your chances you can feel the suckered punch coming & it did.

Didn't think we played that bad, but I didn't see the merit of bringing mcginn on, I'd have went maybe for Samuels or Jet upfront as a 3, we were 2 nil down so we had to go for it. 

Mcginns a waste of an aberdeen Jersey imo, he's had maybe 1 good season, another big wage we could do with getting rid. 

Anyways, we go onto our next game utd away & hope for a reaction & I'm confident we will get it.

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Where are the posters who said they would accept a season where we don’t do that well as long as the football improves? They seem to have disappeared?

The defence has got worse and we have no cutting edge but the data aye it's better ya daft troll

9 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Where are the posters who said they would accept a season where we don’t do that well as long as the football improves? They seem to have disappeared?

I'm not sure everyone is convinced that the football has actually improved much though. 

A few think it has based on an increase in goals and possession but I think we've gone backwards in some aspects as well.  Not least the number of goals we're conceding which is pretty alarming. 

And even in general play we seem obsessive about getting the ball wide but when we do the wide players check back and play the ball back to the centre back.  Then it goes all the way across the back three to the wing back on the other side who inevitably checks back and does the same as the guy on the other side.  After a while it gets a bit boring to watch especially since they seem to pass the ball slightly behind the man instead of in front which means we get pushed deeper. 

And there's not actually as much penetrative play as you would expect looking at the possession.  And whilst we have more shots on goal we're not really testing the opposition goalie with as many as we should. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not sure everyone is convinced that the football has actually improved much though. 

A few think it has based on an increase in goals and possession but I think we've gone backwards in some aspects as well.  Not least the number of goals we're conceding which is pretty alarming. 

And even in general play we seem obsessive about getting the ball wide but when we do the wide players check back and play the ball back to the centre back.  Then it goes all the way across the back three to the wing back on the other side who inevitably checks back and does the same as the guy on the other side.  After a while it gets a bit boring to watch especially since they seem to pass the ball slightly behind the man instead of in front which means we get pushed deeper. 

And there's not actually as much penetrative play as you would expect looking at the possession.  And whilst we have more shots on goal we're not really testing the opposition goalie with as many as we should. 

The football is miles better. Anyone disagreeing needs an eye test urgently.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

especially since they seem to pass the ball slightly behind the man instead of in front which means we get pushed deeper. 

This was a big thing for me yesterday. Playing the pass slightly the wrong side of the man, meaning rather than running on to the ball and at the opponent, we were checking back. It really stalled the impetus of an attack on multiple occasions. 

13 minutes ago, RUL said:

The football is miles better. Anyone disagreeing needs an eye test urgently.

I think it's a better style to watch in general. 

But when you're consistently getting beat fairly easily by bottom half teams its a pretty precarious branch to cling to. 

You can be the classiest looking boxer in the world but if you've got a glass jaw and keep getting knocked out by journeymen then you can't really blame the journeymen for being crude. 

• Like 1

David Bates = Dung

Niall Mcginn = Dung

link from midfield (lewis ferguson) = not enough

Dean Campbell = can do much more

Dylan Mcgeouch = can do much more

Ramirez = Can do much more

Watkins = can do much more

Joe Lewis = Dung

Glass substitutions and ability to change game dynamics with tactical changes = dung.

Crowd backing = dung.

Dave cormacks teeth = great.

19 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

David Bates = Dung

Niall Mcginn = Dung

link from midfield (lewis ferguson) = not enough

Dean Campbell = can do much more

Dylan Mcgeouch = can do much more

Ramirez = Can do much more

Watkins = can do much more

Joe Lewis = Dung

Glass substitutions and ability to change game dynamics with tactical changes = dung.

Crowd backing = dung.

Dave cormacks teeth = great.

You eviscerate half the squad… and say “crowd backing” is “dung”.

Beautifully ironic  

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally agree with this. Opposing teams just have to press back in midfield and we end up passing the ball sideways or backwards. It does wonders for the passing and possession stats, but what use are they if we can't score goals. A defence that falls asleep and a goalkeeper whose sharpness is not what it was, lets in too many easy goals.