Ukraine

Ke1t

Guest milne_afc
8 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

All soviet era built buildings look the same to be fair 

Some folk will need this explained to them ?

5 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Correct. 

Same deal with when you buy a new car. 

Hardly ever saw a Maserati until I bought one. See them all the time now. They’ve always been there. Just never noticed until I bought one. 

You could've just posted: 

"I'VE GOT A MASERATI GUYS!" 

Bri and eh Boof right enough. 

42 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/10/azov-far-right-fighters-ukraine-neo-nazi

Some amusing comments here on this article from 2014 acknowledging the neo-nazi beliefs of the current good guys.

that’s our boys! Lol

Every country has its extremists. Vast majority of folk just want to get on with raising their families and living their lives. Political extremists, religious zealots and the dickheads who crave power and control over everyone else drag us all into their shitty version of a world.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Putin drinks pish out of Moscow puddles.

No to war.

20220312-232921.jpg

Okay, so what's going on there? 

There's no bar around, but the place out of shot sells fags and booze, I notice. 

Do people just gather outside off licenses and have impromptu get togethers? 

39 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

The Adega (bar) has an outside part which is covered but open to the street.

This was full, so people spill outside to enjoy the music and dancing  -  there was a bloody good band playing.

Just heard former MI6 brother Christopher Steele say that China will never ally itself with Russia and that if ever Russia gets a land invasion it will come from China, not from the West.

So that's good.

Get the nukes out.

The Adega looks like a convenience store, but it's a bar?

Area looks a bit rough, but the scenery is outstanding, forested mountains, and a beach right behind the premises. (Google Maps is handy dandy).

China has long had its eye on Siberia, and if things go shitshaped in the West for Putin the Chinese will likely bail the Russians out... but they won't be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They're going to own Putin, if they don't already. 

21 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Yes, that's exactly what an adega is.  You can buy sugar, tea bags and fanny pads @maryhilldon but also a nice cold beer and a Gudang and sit outside drinking and smoking.  Some of them have tables and chairs inside too.  They'll also put on musicians. 

As rough as it looks, it's actually extremely friendly and peaceful.  When you go drinking here, it's not like UK where trouble is always more likely as the evening goes on.  People go out here for a good time, not to get blind drunk and lose control.   Of course there's always the slight chance the place will be robbed by armed gangs, in which case, you find the fattest girl and hide behind her, put your cellphone down your pants and try to look as meek as you can.  

It's a stunning location.  There are venomous snakes, pumas and leopards.  Families of capybara seen almost every day grazing by the road next to Maranduba River.   The big cats are nocturnal.  I saw one once when I was cycling back at night from that adega, skulking in to the jungle, just a flash.  It was magnificent.   They sleep in the trees and stay away from people generally. 

Rains too much, but probably a good place to be when the nukes start flying over Dublin, Dundee, Humberside......

We wanna be staying pally with the whistle binkies then, by golly  !! 

Terrific bunch them, I've always thought so. 

That won't take much effort. 

• Haha 4

Russians now reportedly begging the Chinesers for military and economic aid, as predicted. 

Like asking a loan shark for 50k when you've fuck all in your wallet and no money's coming in. 

Chinese will say aye, but in a wee while they'll be knocking on Putin's door like Stewie asking Brian for his money back. 

"Where ma money?!"

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Dunno Kelt, think the Chinese might baulk at the thought of all the thousands of container loads of cheapo electronics and general low quality tat that people in the West hoover up off Amazon, Wish etc being blocked / impounded and trade sanctions imposed if they get their hands dirty.

And that's possible too. 

Whatever transpires now it's a losing situation for Putin... 'win' or lose in Ukraine and he still loses. Get handouts from China and he loses. 

He fucked it all up, the scamp.