Ukraine

Ke1t

15 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Send who? Ukrainian refugees? 

They are too white, look to much like us for Rwanda. 

The brown buggers on the boats will be the ones getting sent out there to their demise. 

Have you actually looked into the Rwanda thing? We've agreed to take refugees from there. It's a farce.

I've turned off to it all. I'll never vote again.

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Have you actually looked into the Rwanda thing? We've agreed to take refugees from there. It's a farce.

I've turned off to it all. I'll never vote again.

I have a bit. Australia tried offloading migrants in a similar way to the cost of 1.2 million per migrant, which is the way you'll get people to care. My concern is the conditions they'll live in, Rwanda has a human trafficking/human rights history that wouldn't suggest to me that it's a safe place to go for these people seeking refuge. 

The reports from the Austrian version of this are really grim, suicides, self harming, sexual assaults etc. It's not a good idea on a basic level of human empathy, let alone the undoubtedly extortionate cost. 

It's appealing to the lowest common denominator, the really nasty and hateful side of our society. It's how they got elected, and how they'll probably continue to get elected. 

I say I won't vote again but I probs will. Certainly never for Labour again. 

11 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Noooo. Mark Twain never said that, it's a made up quote.

Doesn't matter to be fair, the quote is accurate, to me anyway. Democracy exists a mediator between the ruling class and the working class, basically a buffer zone that means we don't just fucking take their heads clean off. 

It's getting tiresome participating and pretending we can do anything. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Doesn't matter to be fair, the quote is accurate, to me anyway. Democracy exists a mediator between the ruling class and the working class, basically a buffer zone that means we don't just fucking take their heads clean off. 

It's getting tiresome participating and pretending we can do anything. 

I play fitba with a local councillor and the concessions and deals that need to be made even at that low local level to get things through are staggering.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

There's a sliding scale of ethnicity when it comes to who they feel sorry for and who they don't. Because it's happened in Europe it's a tragedy, but if it happens in the ME or Asia or wherever, it's viewed as this inevitable happening that nobody can do anything about

While I agree Consi and it’s wrong, it’s natural for folk to care more about people who look more alike to them and their families and events which are closer to them geographically. 

Doesn’t help that the BBC barely do any reporting on Myanmar etc.

33 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I have a bit. Australia tried offloading migrants in a similar way to the cost of 1.2 million per migrant, which is the way you'll get people to care. My concern is the conditions they'll live in, Rwanda has a human trafficking/human rights history that wouldn't suggest to me that it's a safe place to go for these people seeking refuge. 

The reports from the Austrian version of this are really grim, suicides, self harming, sexual assaults etc. It's not a good idea on a basic level of human empathy, let alone the undoubtedly extortionate cost. 

It's appealing to the lowest common denominator, the really nasty and hateful side of our society. It's how they got elected, and how they'll probably continue to get elected. 

I say I won't vote again but I probs will. Certainly never for Labour again. 

We've agreed to accept as many refugees as we punt over there. It's a headline grabbing sham for the local elections.

56 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You seen the vid of him turning around after a speech, shaking an invisible persons hand and then walking around shrugging his shoulders? 

Its actually fucked. The guy needs medicated and looked after, putting him up to all that shit is ridiculous. 

Aye there’s daily videos of him making a cunt of himself. As you say needs removed for his own good

21 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

While I agree Consi and it’s wrong, it’s natural for folk to care more about people who look more alike to them and their families and events which are closer to them geographically. 

Doesn’t help that the BBC barely do any reporting on Myanmar etc.

I think that's a bullshit excuse. It might be more natural for them to care but it doesn't mean that everything that doesn't look like/relate to them should just be disregarded. Most don't care about other goings on at all. 

There's genocide happening in Tigray, too. IDF are continuing to torment Palestinians with excessive force. Reported as a both sides 

We empathise more with the white European Jews tho as our understanding of almost all history in this country is revolves around WWII. 

It starts at school, and never ends 

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

We've agreed to accept as many refugees as we punt over there. It's a headline grabbing sham for the local elections.

So it's not about 'protecting our borders' it's about appearing to as jingoistically as possible. 

Rancid country 

I think they genuinely want to stop the stupid cunts coming over in paddling pools but it's a shit idea.

If they did want them to stop doing they'd make the application process for legal routes easier, but they make it intentionally slow. 

On one hand it's 'Great to be British' but when someone also thinks the country is a great place to life it's 'you can drown at sea for all I care.' 

Its great how they get to use these kids drowning at sea for their political gains. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

You can tell Moobs is seething about it 

I don't give a steamy shit tbh. I can just see the whole thing is about making them look tough on immigration when they either can't or won't do anything meaningful. 

We should just open our borders totally, this pointless dance does no one any good.

6 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

“Take control of our borders” (Get rid of our white neighbours/grafters and fly in a heap of darkies and and eventually Indians/Pakistanis/Arabs to get trade deals done) 

lol

serves them right 

Not how I'd put it, Mobz. 

Either way they are cunts. 

I don't give a steamy shit tbh. I can just see the whole thing is about making them look tough on immigration when they either can't or won't do anything meaningful. 

We should just open our borders totally, this pointless dance does no one any good.

Doesn't change your or my life. 

I can't think of a negative way that immigration has impacted me, in any way. 

The decisions and actions of 'natives' has far more impact on your average Briton than some peer cunt on a dinghy. 

We should stop pretending immigration is the reason anyone is worse off. There's a reason the Tories push that line. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The decisions and actions of 'natives' has far more impact on your average Briton than some peer cunt on a dinghy. 

We should stop pretending immigration is the reason anyone is worse off. There's a reason the Tories push that line. 

Good to have you back min. How's yer grannie?

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

I cba debating it but immigration has driven down wages, put pressure on services, driven up house prices. Not the only reason for those things but defo a contributing factor.

Ultimately it provides cheap labour, that's why big business and government are so keen on it. Government has to be seen to be strong on it though to keep the votes coming in.

Like I say open the borders, see what happens, if only good things can come from it where is the harm?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Australia seems to dislike the blacks but you’d have a stroke at the way the abo’s are treated, Consi. Never seen anything like the accepted racism here. Even shop pleasantries descend into ‘be a nicer day if the Abo’s would fuck off’ 

i cruise the main news sites for hits for the hat but haven’t read any bbc articles on Russia/ Ukraine pretty much since it started. I agree with you, their wild accusations/ implying etc has made them as reputable as the daily star 

Just now, Poodler said:

Australia seems to dislike the blacks but you’d have a stroke at the way the abo’s are treated, Consi. Never seen anything like the accepted racism here. Even shop pleasantries descend into ‘be a nicer day if the Abo’s would fuck off’ 

I've got a family member out there, I know how it is. 

Utterly bizarre way to treat folks who's land your ancestors invaded. You've won. You've got the money, power, wealth and resources, why continue to shit on them? 

That's the nasty remnant of colonialism. Still apparent in America today, and countries around the world. 

Mon the abos'!

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

What shops have you been in?

It’s all the fashion to pay respects to the traditional owners of this land in companies or at sporting events blah blah blah and then you step outside and see the feds chasing them ?

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I cba debating it but immigration has driven down wages, put pressure on services, driven up house prices. Not the only reason for those things but defo a contributing factor.

Ultimately it provides cheap labour, that's why big business and government are so keen on it. Government has to be seen to be strong on it though to keep the votes coming in.

Like I say open the borders, see what happens, if only good things can come from it where is the harm?

How does it drive down wages if there's a minimum wage that many, many natives are employed on? It seems to me like the problem isn't so much the immigrants but the tight fisted, money hungry businesses/owners who use that as an excuse. 

Unless of course, you're suggesting many immigrants are exploited for cheap Labour on illegal wages, which again, would be the fault of the person employing them and exploiting them. Not them for emigrating. 

The old immigrants driving wages down is the oldest crock of shit ever spouted. Creates the wrong kind of enemy. 

Just now, BrianFaePerth said:

It’s all the fashion to pay respects to the traditional owners of this land in companies or at sporting events blah blah blah and then you step outside and see the feds chasing them ?

Interesting imagery there, Bri. 

Take is Aus is much the same as America, UK etc, in terms of thinking that simply acknowledging the problem is enough to solve it, but not doing anything to make lasting change for the better? 

Libtards, is the term I'd use.

3 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Bought a few shirts today in the collective in Freo. Supporting local.

just nae indigenous, it would appear!

Having lived in both countries eh would say Australia is much more racist, but can honestly say no shopkeeper has asked me how he can help me and wouldn’t it be great if the indigenouses just fucked off.

The best thing that can be done is to stop grovelling to them. What happened to them was shit but it was 200 odd years ago. Time everyone got on with things and made the best of themselves. Giving the indigenouses handouts that go straight on grog isn’t achieving anything.

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

How does it drive down wages if there's a minimum wage that many, many natives are employed on? It seems to me like the problem isn't so much the immigrants but the tight fisted, money hungry businesses/owners who use that as an excuse. 

Unless of course, you're suggesting many immigrants are exploited for cheap Labour on illegal wages, which again, would be the fault of the person employing them and exploiting them. Not them for emigrating. 

The old immigrants driving wages down is the oldest crock of shit ever spouted. Creates the wrong kind of enemy. 

Consi, if you can't see how it works then no amount of explaining by me will make it clearer.

Like I say I'm past caring. Me and you getting pissed off/invested in things and debating on here will make no difference except to wind eachother up.

Like I say we've tried to control it, hasn't worked so try the other way. No controls, let everyone in, have an amnesty on illegal immigrants that are here already, and let's see what happens.