Connor Barron

40 minutes ago, thurso said:

From what the guy who got interviewed on the abz podcast said I think they are completely different types of players 

Pat is stated as attacking midfielder, Barron as defensive but do we see Barron as a defensive midfielder, I don’t think we do. On paper different but I still think it’s one or other 

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Pat is stated as attacking midfielder, Barron as defensive but do we see Barron as a defensive midfielder, I don’t think we do. On paper different but I still think it’s one or other 

By the sound of that interview pat doesn’t like to tackle, Barron will get stuck in 

7 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I’m not sure Ange is interested in Scottish youth! Unless Barron has a Asian granny 

They still need homegrown players for Europe. Just a rumour I heard on the grapevine 

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1

Not been good enough since the return. The midfield was much improved Saturday with Shinnie and Rama. 

I recall Goodwin saying in pre season that he thought Barron would be best further forward, sort of where Clarkson has been playing. 

Now, normally I wouldn't be advocating for a loanee to be in ahead of a youth prospect, but Barron is refusing to commit and Clarkson is a superior player. 

The guys not even played 30 games in the Scottish Premiership and he's playing silly buggers. 

That agent he's got is a right cunt. Fucked up with Considine, now looking like he's fucked up with Barron.

Barron especially is only 18 months removed from a loan in League 2, and has been in atrocious form for a while now. He's in no position to be thinking he can do better than us at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

That agent he's got is a right cunt. Fucked up with Considine, now looking like he's fucked up with Barron.

Barron especially is only 18 months removed from a loan in League 2, and has been in atrocious form for a while now. He's in no position to be thinking he can do better than us at the moment. 

All Aberdeen youngsters coming through should be advised to steer well clear from them.

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's had plenty time to consider our offer. As has been said, there should now be a time limit imposed on Barron to either sign on the dotted line or have the contract offer withdrawn. We do have to have a bit of long term planning a regards the squad and if he's not going to be here in summer 2024 we can start making plans to bring in someone else to cover that position. Whilst I wouldn't completely banish him from first team action in the interim, I'd make it clear that others will be ahead of him under normal circumstances.

And FWIW I think Goodwin was right to say what he has.

Absolutely he has,

Agreed on all above that as well.

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Nae luck. 

Maybe he told the club he'd sleep on our offer, that's why he's nae signed yet.  

😆

Bosker.

:sleeping:

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Agree the agent fucked Considine but I'd be surprised if he doesn't manage to get Barron a wage rise when leaving us. Surely the client's financial wellbeing would be the agent's priority. Unfortunately loyalty and a chance of winning something or playing in Europe would be deprioritised

• Dildo 1
32 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Agree the agent fucked Considine but I'd be surprised if he doesn't manage to get Barron a wage rise when leaving us. Surely the client's financial wellbeing would be the agent's priority. Unfortunately loyalty and a chance of winning something or playing in Europe would be deprioritised

Run that winning something past me again please. 

8 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Surely an agents priority should be his clients long term career not making a fast buck in the short term?  If they weren't all fucking snakes that is

Agent probably filling his head with stories of all the clubs he's spoken to and who are interested in Barron and how much money he could make. Then after about 15 games for us he's got ideas way above his station. 

He'd definitely be better served signing a new deal as one of our biggest earners and with a release clause of some kind in it. That'll see him right in the short term financially and also enable him to get the move he wants down the line. 

Not so easy for a young boy to see the sensible long-term option when his head has been filled with £'s though. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Agent probably filling his head with stories of all the clubs he's spoken to and who are interested in Barron and how much money he could make. Then after about 15 games for us he's got ideas way above his station. 

He'd definitely be better served signing a new deal as one of our biggest earners and with a release clause of some kind in it. That'll see him right in the short term financially and also enable him to get the move he wants down the line. 

Not so easy for a young boy to see the sensible long-term option when his head has been filled with £'s though. 

His abilities do not justify him being among our biggest earners.

• Upvote 4

He’s probably on pennies to be fair. He won’t have been on much when his level was league 2 on loan at Kelty.

His agent has probably filled his head about getting something like £5k a week down south. I hope we aren’t offering him anything like that. Half that would be a fairer reflection on his abilities.

51 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He’s probably on pennies to be fair. He won’t have been on much when his level was league 2 on loan at Kelty.

His agent has probably filled his head about getting something like £5k a week down south. I hope we aren’t offering him anything like that. Half that would be a fairer reflection on his abilities.

At the moment there's nothing to even suggest he's worth £2.5k per week.

• Upvote 1