Connor Barron

5 minutes ago, old sheep said:

Massively overrated player who in a mediocre team can only find a place on the bench. Needs to get his head down and work harder at his game or he will be just another promising youngster who didn’t kick on.

But he will still get offended better contracts elsewhere (hence delayed signing) but his performances this season are ruining any chances of those willing clubs paying a fee we would accept 

9 minutes ago, old sheep said:

Massively overrated player who in a mediocre team can only find a place on the bench. Needs to get his head down and work harder at his game or he will be just another promising youngster who didn’t kick on.

I don't know that he's overrated, we just know he can do better. 

Im glad he's been dropped as he's been nowhere good enough since the return. 

I've no idea what team would want him elsewhere based on recent performances. 

He's being badly advised, and I feel for him a bit. 

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Great assessment 

34 minutes ago, CCB III said:

What has Barron done that was so bad compared to the other two. 

On 6/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, Dons79 said:

Screenshot taken for posterity, il adjudicate, (complete impartial) make sure the loser sticks to his words, smashing, bye for a wee while when it happens  fnd??

281-E97-FE-E6-C7-4-C7-E-977-E-0-B5-B4-BB

am positive he will sign a new deal, even a 12 month upgrade befitting his first team position and I think unlike (Jack and Wright) i actually think he loves our club and will want a good fee if he moved to help Aberdeen, which in my opinion would be beneficial to sign an upgraded contract to realise this.

Is this bet still valid?

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

How the fuck do you know what advice he's getting ?

3 hours ago, thurso said:

I love Clarkson but he is older than Barron do on that assumption should be performing better and more consistent. Apart from a few goals (mostly lovely screamers) should be performing more consistently but dies out of games more. 

Ramadani being a 5/10 player is crap he’s had the odd 7/10 but mostly he’s been average.Today showed why he isn’t as good. Shinnie showed him up 

In the games that the team were crap it was Barron putting effort in running about, never hiding, trying to get on the ball switching play with passes to his own players generally. You can’t say that about ramadani, man would go in hiding when chips are down 

One thing Ramadani never does is hide. 

Barron is overrated and I would be happy to see him sold

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Barron is a good prospect. He'll improve with Shinnie alongside him and training with him each day. I think there's a fair chance he'll leave in the summer though, if not this window.

Agree with this, I too have been critical of him but i do think he'd improve with more experience around him, although there's a good chance he could leave i also think he could sign on again if we start progressing 

3 hours ago, thurso said:

I love Clarkson but he is older than Barron do on that assumption should be performing better and more consistent. Apart from a few goals (mostly lovely screamers) should be performing more consistently but dies out of games more. 

Ramadani being a 5/10 player is crap he’s had the odd 7/10 but mostly he’s been average.Today showed why he isn’t as good. Shinnie showed him up 

In the games that the team were crap it was Barron putting effort in running about, never hiding, trying to get on the ball switching play with passes to his own players generally. You can’t say that about ramadani, man would go in hiding when chips are down 

I would love to know what Shinnie done to show Ramadani up today?  To me they complimented each other well which is encouraging as they'll have had one training session together.

Also Barron and Ramadani do different things, for me Ramadani has had the better season, granted Barron has had injury issues but to me it feels like he is holding back when he's playing, he isn't tackling or getting stuck in enough, especially compared to Ramadani. 

• Upvote 3
Just now, minijc said:

I would love to know what Shinnie done to show Ramadani up today?  To me they complimented each other well which is encouraging as they'll have had one training session together.

Also Barron and Ramadani do different things, for me Ramadani has had the better season, granted Barron has had injury issues but to me it feels like he is holding back when he's playing, he isn't tackling or getting stuck in enough, especially compared to Ramadani. 

Thurso has been pushing for a McCrorie and Barron midfield all season so took a dislike to Ramadani from the start as he took McCrorie's place in midfield. 

23 minutes ago, redone said:

How the fuck do you know what advice he's getting ?

I suppose I don't. 

But it's clear he's not signing a new contract. Someone will be advising him with regard to that. His agent, his father, whoever. 

If he was being advised to the contrary I suspect he'd have signed a deal. Maybe the 19 year old is the first ever footballer to think absent of influence. 

Probably not, though. 

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

Totally agree. Both were very good but I thought Rama was marginally better. 

Truly the definition of a workman. Invaluable that kind of player. 

24 minutes ago, minijc said:

Spot on

Thurso and his defence of Barron in the face of all evidence to the contrary is odd.

Barron has been poor for a good while now. To suggest Ramadani hides is weird too. Barron trying Hollywood passes and failing with them regularly ISNT a good thing

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Spot on

Thurso and his defence of Barron in the face of all evidence to the contrary is odd.

Barron has been poor for a good while now. To suggest Ramadani hides is weird too. Barron trying Hollywood passes and failing with them regularly ISNT a good thing

Exactly this. It's like he's believed his own hype and is trying too hard at times. 

He does some weird things too. Think he hit a 5 yard pass to someone hard and at waist height today.

He's maybe not over rated as he did look very good last season but he's had very few decent performances this season. He is still young though and did have a bad injury so can take time to get back to that. Although it does look like the contract situation isn't helping.

Also agree with someone else who said he's been the worst of our 3 midfielders. Rama does a different job and does it very well and Clarkson has contributed far more going forward. So too has McRorie in the time he was in Central midfield and now we have Shinnie in there, so he should be way down the pecking order. The Slovak boy could push him further down too. 

On the bright side, he's better than Polvara

• Dildo 1
On 1/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He’s only been in the team for a year. He’s still developing. He’s broke into an absolutely shite Aberdeen side. If he broke in a couple years earlier we’d probably have a different looking player on our hands. 

But you have “high standards” and are expecting him to be like Steven Gerrard 

Strange comparison. No one wants anyone like than rancid hun cunt anywhere near our team.

Please replace with Scholes, Keane, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Pirlo or Lee Richardson

• Dildo 1